Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just F,ken have a look at this, in Brisbane we pay a bushland levy preservation fee in our rates, and they've been using the funds to buy residential property and resell it. I bet there's a secret connection to the original owner of the land from whom they bought the overpriced land from too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
C'mon you love sniffing coal dust ?
Just, thank your political system later.

View attachment 370694
Coal is just one of our dust problems here.

850,000 customers lost power? I didn't realise people outside shit Australia were impacted.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Where does Australia go from here after the big holes in the ground are done for ?
Fortunately we are a wise and innovative nation! So we have diversified our investments, set sensible and forward focussed taxation plans, implemented policies to promote and prepare new industries, and of course focussed on what is good for both people and the planet. OR we are boned.

goobags

Likes Dirt
The media (and sheep) don’t want to hear about this. It’s the renewables fault!

In my learning about the power grid over the last 12 months through work, this entirely makes sense how it could happen. I must admit I was a bit of a sheep and questioned the reliability of renewables as a base load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Fortunately we are a wise and innovative nation! So we have diversified our investments, set sensible and forward focussed taxation plans, implemented policies to promote and prepare new industries, and of course focussed on what is good for both people and the planet. OR we are boned.
Scomo needs a pat on the back for being so forwards thinking ? :D

mark22

Likes Dirt
Just F,ken have a look at this, in Brisbane we pay a bushland levy preservation fee in our rates, and they've been using the funds to buy residential property and resell it. I bet there's a secret connection to the original owner of the land from whom they bought the overpriced land from too.

Hhmmm not good, it seems like one of those green based feel good actions by council. Bit like Rio Tinto supporting a Greenie based organisation finacially to gain some credibility.
Wonder where the rest of the collected levy goes?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hhmmm not good, it seems like one of those green based feel good actions by council. Bit like Rio Tinto supporting a Greenie based organisation finacially to gain some credibility.
Wonder where the rest of the collected levy goes?
Who knows, probably in someone's pocket ? There was an audit done on the spending of this money around 2019.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't think it quite works like that from first-hand experience, just look at the housing downturn in places like Mackay, Moranbah and WA when mining collapsed. I also used to do the running around for a contracting company that done jobs in mining, and they never questioned things like a shifting spanner that cost $30 at Bunnings that was charged $70 at Blackwoods to them. I also sub-contracted for a contracting mining company in Brisbane, for a small fabrication job they would pay double the amount of any local and it wasn't even questioned.

Last edited:

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I don't think it quite works like that from first-hand experience, just look at the housing downturn in places like Mackay, Moranbah and WA when mining collapsed. I also used to do the running around for a contracting company that done jobs in mining, and they never questioned things like a shifting spanner that cost $30 at Bunnings that was charged $70 at Blackwoods to them. I also sub-contracted for a contracting mining company in Brisbane, for a small fabrication job they would pay double the amount of any local and it wasn't even questioned.
Nice anecdote. Would you like to present another one because everyone knows that takes at least two anecdotes to equal statistics from the ATO and ABS.
You being a part of the demographic they're talking about being a small minority doesn't make what they are saying false.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nice anecdote. Would you like to present another one because everyone knows that takes at least two anecdotes to equal statistics from the ATO and ABS.
You being a part of the demographic they're talking about being a small minority doesn't make what they are saying false.
They're saying the truth as in mines don't employ a lot of workers directlly, it doesn't take many workers to run a mine these days.

They aren't considering companies that provide services to mining personal and equipment that aren't directly in the mining industry. How does the ATO separately itemise services or products supplied from non-mining companies to the mining industry ?

Like I said, look at the arse drop out of all the towns that heavily relied on their business, not classed as a casualty of war because they're not in the mining sector. The Qld government makes millions of dollars in revenue alone leasing coal ports.

If you don't have a government making future opportunities to move away from mining, barely anything will change.