Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

John U

MTB Precision
Old mate doesn’t appear to have the first idea about fascism.
I’m sure he ticks at least a couple of the boxes.
Where the hell did he find 1.2 million subs?

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I think we can all agree that the left have an almost monopoly on what is preceived as socially moral. The issue is that whilst the left has assumed the role of social morality, the right has managed to package it as a product whilst distancing it from economic policy.
We perpetually talk about the rights of so and so group back and forth instead of focusing on the root cause of these social dilemas because is it profitable to do so, because both sides of politcs LOVE to discuss social issues at face value.

The reason why people claim the right have the media is because the vehcile the media operates on is capitalism and it will inheritly favour the right in all circumstances. It will only package issues at face value, never address the root causes and will give credit to any source regardless of merit, because it sells headlines. This is also why a headline like scomo goes on holiday gets more press than climate change has laid the foundations for perpetual bushfires. They both seem "left" but only 1 of them actually discusses anything.

The climate crisis is such an important battle because you cannot distance the wants of capitalists with the destruction of our environment.
We will continue to see environmental destruction directly linked with which ideology the political party in power respresents.

Remember,
Very well said. Much closer to the point than I've been able to get. That left facade being portrayed by the capitalist media, is the machine that ultimately drives the Greta movement.

"Ideology works even if you do not believe it in" .... careful now .....

FigBo0T

Where the hell did he find 1.2 million subs?
Probably in America. I found linked him on a US based site. Although the 'real' conservatives think he's a hippy communist. I try not to take humans too seriously any more. Less disappointment.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Very well said. Much closer to the point than I've been able to get. That left facade being portrayed by the capitalist media, is the machine that ultimately drives the Greta movement.

"Ideology works even if you do not believe it in" .... careful now .....
Yeah but don't you think thats because it cannot resist making money? Like, they're pushing the climate change agenda at their own detriment?

I think we are coming to an impass where capitalist ideology cannot co-exist with being able to live.

FigBo0T

Yeah but don't you think thats because it cannot resist making money? Like, they're pushing the climate change agenda at their own detriment?

I think we are coming to an impass where capitalist ideology cannot co-exist with being able to live.
That's the part that makes me question the whole. It seems disingenuous, but their income doesn't reflect this. Marketing of, and to, the masses is the new religion. You just have to put feelings in it, and they lap it up.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
That's the part that makes me question the whole. It seems disingenuous, but their income doesn't reflect this. Marketing of, and to, the masses is the new religion. You just have to put feelings in it, and they lap it up.
So let's be clear here. The Australian media is totally right-wing biased, economically.
But I don't see how this detracts from Thunberg?

FigBo0T

So let's be clear here. The Australian media is totally right-wing biased, economically.
But I don't see how this detracts from Thunberg?
The Greta movement isn't Greta. Personalizing is just one of the hurdles. It's about integrity.
It's only my opinion, and I'm not really into explaining it any further, as it's par for the course that people aren't getting it.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
The Greta movement isn't Greta. .
True. It's a billion people adopting the kid as a proxy to do a job that they should each be doing themselves.

Plus there's another billion or so out there who, with a similar level of cluelessness of how shit works, despise her because she's not a nameless face in the climate change saga.

It's not a movement: it's a miasma.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It's one of the lines from the deniers that shit me to tears "They're just saying that because their grant funding depends on perpetuating the climate myth".

Sure, and all the people linked to mining and energy are completely objective and don't have anything riding on the outcome.