Playstation 3 Thread

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lol.. SCAR has the worst Iron sight in the game... some are good, some suck.. but for anything other than CQB you will not hit sh!t especially when he already says he is struggling... sheesh
Holo is good, but the scopes avail leading up to that are better than just IS... having shot with IS, Holo, Laser, 3x up to 15x I will say you are having a tug if you reckon IS is better than any of the early scopes both in game and IRL.

Who is talking about Camping ?? Campers deserve knifing... R'n'G aint a good strategy when you are struggling for levels weapons and map knowledge. Works for some, good for you.

Oh.... to the OP.. always lay your mines if you have them. They are a free kill waiting to happen and will get you good points. Lay them in a cluster as a single mine will disable a tank.... 3 in a cluster will kill it and those inside.
Who talking about real life here? Ironsights are amazing for long range. Just because you cant use them doesnt mean others cant.

Pretty much all youve said is how not to get a good score. The only way to get a good score is to attack flags, you might get a shit kdr but 10 flag caps a game will give you at least 5000 points alone. compared to the 50 kills that would take. Killing skills come naturally, some guns i hate at first but spend soem time with and i love them. I hated the feel of the an-94 at first but stuck with it and now its my favourite gun.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Battlefield 3 tonight?????

FWIW: I run & gun in the direction of the objective, Capture/blow up objective, hold ground for a short time, head to next objective. Using Iron sights at the moment until I unlock the RDS.

I love the epic battles in all kinds of different areas of the map. The tighter maps in the cities and Metro are great for this!

Edit: Recon is for pussies.
[video=youtube;6AFPGc15bn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AFPGc15bn8&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Right-o, I've got both BF3, MW3 on the go and I've finally got the headset I was bought for my birthday 2 years ago working. S'pose I might as well dee about some of this online gaming lark.

Now I had to set up a 2nd PSN ID for BF3 as the store I bought it from gave me an asian copy and it was the only way i could get the multiplayer to work or something . On the plus side this has meant I could indulge my juvenile sense of humour but alas Sony (or perhaps some other mischievous arseclown) have blocked the use of the ID " SoapyTitWank" and it's many different iterations. The closest I could get away with is Soap_E_Jugschug - which if anybody official asks, is German and they'd be a racist to take it down.

I've still got my old PSN ID: 'The_Buckie_Flick' on the go as well for older games such as Gran Turismo and Driver SF so you might as well add both.

Oh yeah, I also bought Payday: The Heist which for $27 bucks is a bargain. It's an FPS where you do bank robberies as part of a team and the heist music is just like that in Heat. It's f***ing awesome. I did a co-op last night but the other lads in my team were all French so I wasn't that much use to them. Did make me think of the film 'Killing Zoe' though...

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absolutely ROFL'd at POSM's first psn!

On another note I'm tossing up between buying either BF3 or Skyrim. Has anyone got any recommendations as to which one I should buy?

Please note that that the only Internet access I currently have is through my iPhone so that pretty much rules out online gaming and would be looking at playing BF3 solely in campaign mode.

Cheers!

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Absolutely ROFL'd at POSM's first psn!

On another note I'm tossing up between buying either BF3 or Skyrim. Has anyone got any recommendations as to which one I should buy?

Please note that that the only Internet access I currently have is through my iPhone so that pretty much rules out online gaming and would be looking at playing BF3 solely in campaign mode.

Cheers!
BF3 has a fairly short campaign. Skyrim will eat all you spare time between now and March. Unless you hate RPG, I'd go Skyrim.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm nearly finished Uncharted then I'm getting stuck into Skyrim. $63 onsale at JB hifi
Do you play online Joy? MSG me your PSN!

Why did so many decent games release at the same time FFS. There's enough game in the last month to go without for the next year.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm hearing ya Steve O! I'm enjoying Battlefield 3 and not spending enough time on Batman or F1. I want to replay Fallout New Vegas again over Christmas and I want to have a dig at Skyrim early next year but I want to play Battlefield and Batman and F1! I have some tough choices coming up and I think I'll hang off for Skyrim just to enjoy it more when I'm done on other stuff.

loc81

Likes Dirt
I've been gunning along being an engineer and earnt a few scopes/aiming crap. I can't really see any option in the weapons area for selecting what one I want to use?? I think I've got this holo one (can't remember what it's actually called) but can't see any difference in sight?
EDIT: Found it, but goddamn why is this menu so difficult??
EDIT 2: I got awarded the PP2000 (?) and also the little window scope, but can't use it -or any other scope- with that gun. Go figure!

Bikes, booze, social commentary and music.
www.sittingonoffence.wordpress.com
www.twitter.com/loc_o_motion

Last edited:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you not see the big customise button? Recently ive gone from playng properly to just general smacktarding around, c4 jeeps and so on, but if its an inf map i will whip out the dao with frag rounds and fuck shit up with that :p oh my those frag rounds are amazing!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Have been getting my teeth into the multi-player on BF3. I'm quite liking it although I'm still a bit shite. Also completed the single-player campaign on MW3 tonight. I know plots, storyline and realism have never been infinity ward's strong point but holy shit, how f***ing insanely ludicrous is MW3!?

Anyway hopefully those f***ers at either Dungeon Crawl* or Australia Post** will have magic-ed my copy of Uncharted 3 -that I pre-ordered almost a fortnight ago- into my letterbox tomorrow so's i can play something that makes a little bit more effort with it's storyline. That said, my copy of Saints Row the Third is due tomorrow as well (thankfully not ordered from Dungeon Crawl) so I may have to juggle the further adventures of Nathan Drake with my desire to go punch coppers in the face with a massive dildo and shoot hookers out of a giant mobile cannon!

*Dungeon Crawl attract my ire because they sold me an Asian copy of Battlefield 3 without informing me of it's origins and I'm presuming that as they are a few bucks cheaper than other Aussie retailers, Uncharted will be the same. It means a fair bit of dicking around to set up overseas PSN accounts to access online multiplayer/DLC and is probably what's led to my delay in getting Uncharted 3. If I wanted the Asian copy I would have just ordered it off Ebay, probably would get it quicker and cut those cheating toerags out of the picture altogether.

**Australia Post get a bit of a doing because my postman has a habit of leaving expensive boxes just lying on the porch or hanging out of the post-box. I'm away A LOT and there's a shitload of passing tourism through this town (not to mention my neighbours are a bit dodgy - I reckon they're running a meth lab somewhere as they definitely look the type ) so it's not the safest. Not to mention, this is Victoria so more often or not my mail ends up soaked!

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Thanks for the info on Dungeon Crawl POSM, I'm on their email list and I often wonder about their exclusive shit. I won't shop there now after hearing about the Asian version!
I'm digging Conquest on BF3 but I'm not happy with around fifty percent of my games being cut from the server while I'm on 4,000 points. It is better to pick a game through the server instead of quick match but it still fucks out!

kable

Squid
I'm not happy with around fifty percent of my games being cut from the server while I'm on 4,000 points. It is better to pick a game through the server instead of quick match but it still fucks out!
Same thing has been happening to me. Annoying as i would then lose all unlocks i would get from that round.
Shits me to no end.

I don't know about you guys though, but my wallet has been taking a hammering with all these new games, and soon will again thanks to ac revelations being out.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
EDIT 2: I got awarded the PP2000 (?) and also the little window scope, but can't use it -or any other scope- with that gun. Go figure!
Well each gun has it's own unlocks...the more you use a certain weapon, the more features you unlock for it.

I'm digging Conquest on BF3 but I'm not happy with around fifty percent of my games being cut from the server while I'm on 4,000 points. It is better to pick a game through the server instead of quick match but it still fucks out!
It's ruling my life atm. Interesting you're having server issues, I haven't had any on the other side of the ditch (where I thought it'd be worse). I'm slowly getting there anyway, currently level 10 or something after 4 days play. Certainly not getting 4000 points per game, guess I'm too defensive. Loving engineer though, the whole BF gameplay is really fun for me, who's never played any console FPS other than COD.
I just wish I could get the hang of flying! Jets aren't too bad, but heli's are just screwing me over.

I'm yet to see any communication between team mates though, haven't heard any audio etc. Anyone else getting this?

Also, I won a game of 12 v. 12 conquest at Operation Firestorm today by 188 :pirate:

Last edited: