Playstation 3 Thread

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Well I hit the shops in Bunbury WA, most of the stores didn't have much at all in the way of bundles, particularly with the 120gig console. EB Games had a 120gig console and Avatar bundle. I didn't particularly want Avatar so I asked if I could get a couple of cheaper games instead (eg MX vs ATV was $50 and Sonic was marked $50) the sales lady pretty much told me our console price is $xyz, just buy............................
Anyway my little rant is over, I'm not entirely sure how much I really want to buy a PS3 now, so I'll just wait for a better deal, perhaps the Tony Hawk Ride will be bundled when it comes out next month, that would probably be great for the kids and all round.
Noooooooooooooooo hate the store, not the console !!

The store gets a bundled product to sell from Sony for a set price, thats how it is entered into their computer and the sales assistant is not really in a position to alter this. There is also not huge margin in these bundles. Dont let this put you off the PS3.

You could always put Avatar on Ebay where you should get around $50+ then sting them $10 for postage and your doing ok.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I know it's not the stores fault, maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind to go shopping that day, it's just that usually you can bargain a little or something.
And I'm probably expecting too much price wise, it's hard to think that the PS3's were selling for something like $900, I guess $600 in comparison is a bargain.
Still I think I'll hang out for a better deal, see what happens in March otherwise wait for the mid year sales or something. I'll end up with one it's just a matter of time.
Don't worry my alternative options of what to spend $500 on are not very attractive, so I'm unlikely to completely turn away from the PS3 because the result would be a big rug for the house or a new vacuum cleaner or something equivalently useful and dull, but what sensible person would spend play money on something like that!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Now that the dust has settled we can look back on how bloody stupid it would've looked for the other team that discovered our clan hiding in a bath tub with riot shields............... We need to do that again as listening in on the other team in S & D once you died was bloody hilarious, they didn't know what they were up against!

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now that the dust has settled we can look back on how bloody stupid it would've looked for the other team that discovered our clan hiding in a bath tub with riot shields............... We need to do that again as listening in on the other team in S & D once you died was bloody hilarious, they didn't know what they were up against!
Yeh was pretty funny ay.
Gotta do it again another time, get Ned james back into the clan.
All thanks to Ty who commented me on facebook to go on, was worth it:D

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Is anyone hitting up MAG, or BattleField Bad Company 2 when it is released?

I am getting a little bit over MW2 now, need new maps, and the amount of campers is starting to piss me off!! Pity we aren't getting them until a month after they are released first on the 360.

Had a bit of a play with you guys the other nigh I think. Rockinghotpunk invited me in to a game, after selecting my usual load out I enter and then get told that it is sniper only, so after I get killed I spawn right in front of someone. Game over straight away as you were playing 2 deaths only. :mad:

On another note, has anyone upgraded the hard drive in their PS3? I am running out of room quickly.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
EzyLee said:
Is anyone hitting up MAG, or BattleField Bad Company 2 when it is released?

I'll be getting both but unless MAG is amazing I'll primarily be playing BC2, I have massive love for the Battlefield franchise so I'll be playing it a lot and looking for some people to set up a good squad with, people that don't snipe when we're attacking so we can never win, fuckheads.

I'm getting over MW2 now as well.

I'll be getting Bad Company 2 when it's released and will be keen in joining you guys for a game or 2. Just getting into the whole online gaming thing and only just got onto the PSN. PM if anybody wants a game of MW2 or BC2 when it's released :)

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im getting both, MAG is aleady released isnt it?

im going PS3 shopping staurday and will be picking up a copy, deffs getting BC2 aswell so i can play with mates.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
No BC2 for me, or MAG for that matter.
MAG looks like an UBER cheap rip-off of MW2.
BC2 looks awesome, I just need to buy a new bike before anything else.

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
MAG looks like an UBER cheap rip-off of MW2.
MW2 doesnt have like 300 people in a game does it? :rolleyes:
And I agree it does seem abit cheap it's definately not a MW2 rip off, MW2 fails hard. I just hope Bad Company 2 can give me my fps online shooter fix cause MW 2 was a real let down IMO.

Whilst I'm posting here, did anyone buy Bioshock 2? Amazing game.. Although not as good as the first its still worth the purchase and the multiplayer reminds me of Team Fortress 2 which is a good thing, simple yet fun! :)

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
BC2 has been awesome... I got my hands on the beta nice and early, and been playing the demo since it came out... I havnt touched MW2 since

MW2 is a great game, but IMO BC2 offers so much more.

sprocket

Likes Dirt
just remembered I had a PS3.. should plug it in and go get a game for it as the most recent title is NFS carbon...

zen zen

Likes Dirt
BC2 has been awesome... I got my hands on the beta nice and early, and been playing the demo since it came out... I havnt touched MW2 since

MW2 is a great game, but IMO BC2 offers so much more.
Same ay, Its sooo awesome, but any one can download the demo its not like an exclusive thing its like on the main homepage of whats new.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Anyone playing Alien vs Predator? Geez, I gotta say I'm bloody disappointed after all of the promised content! It could've been so much better..........
I hear Xbox 360 will have MW2 maps a few months before PS3 gets it. Looks like I'll be going Xbox gold membership again.:eek:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
The Beta came out a couple months before the Demo. The map was Arica Harbour, and was a desert map. You could only get the Beta by obtaining an unlock key.. pretty sure I posted up here when they were available... :)

Was an awesome map, every bit as good as the current demo map... just with lots of sand and dust instead of snow....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnkivFUTLKA - best viewed in full screen... enjoy !

Last edited: