Playstation 3 Thread

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be on BC2 tonight! Add me BlueGlory. Nice playing with you Steve, I couldn't believe when I got that chopper with the rpg it was on the move too. Had some good squads last night which makes the game much better, especially when everyone has headsets.

The new maps Cold War and Heavy Metal (windmill one) are awesome!
Yeh man, I reckon that game would be so good with a full squad with headsets. Even just the two of us had our domination moments!

I usually cycle between the M416 and GOL. Assualt is what I usually play but sniping can bring the fuck yeh moments.

Android have a BFBC2 app if widgets are your thing. Kd ratio is shit but who cares. Scored 100 headshots for 260 kills lol.

Useless tech talk/
I'm learning alot about Microprocessors and their architecture, also low level code that goes with it. Thought I'd check out the PS3/360 hardware and came across THIS. I found it pretty interesting, and if your wondering about the console war thing, watch THIS aswell. Spoiler for the series: PS3 Wins, JUST.....

For 70% of Games (Multi-platform Games), CPU wise the PS3 is pretty much running at a 1/3 of the speed the 360 is capable of...If PS3 didn't have Blu-Ray it'd suck big time for multi-platform games. Interesting facts: the only native 1080p game out (Edit, it's actually not... but it's one of the highest resolution games available) - GoW3 was 35Gb, that's about 3-4times bigger then ANY 360 game. Xbox 360's failure rate peaked at 55%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's like 30 really crap games on PS3 that are native 1080p and about 5 on the 360. Most of which are online PSN/live games. Best game would be NBA 07. Halo 3 Native 640p.....
/Useless tech talk

Last edited:

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm planning on a BC2 session tommorow night - murdolf if you havent added me. Normally medic w/ xm8 lmg...Such a powerful weapon..Ultimate versatility..

Anybody else get sick of conquest playing the map twice? I normally dont mind, but I dont particuarly enjoy Atacama desert and Heavy metal twice in a row... Well essentially the vehicle orientated maps.. they are just painful sometimes..

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Ok Rotorburn BC2 party Sunday evening, start roughly around 6pm! We'll start a squad and just get going and then people can join when they come on.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok Rotorburn BC2 party Sunday evening, start roughly around 6pm! We'll start a squad and just get going and then people can join when they come on.
I might be there, Doing some DH shuttles on the weekend but not sure what day. I'll be on sometime Sunday night anyway!

Haven't been on this week because my Internet is playing up. Should be fixed tomorrow.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Sweet! I'll be having a long slow sticky beak around the oaks trails sunday morning, so this has got my name all over it.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BOOM! HEADSHOT!!

So, Tonight 6pm BFBC2!

We've got:
loc81 - EXPLoSIVo_81
Venciferus - BlueGlory
3viltoast3r - murdolf
Steve-0 - Steve--o_O

That's a perfect squad but I'm guessing there will be +1's? Also we definitely need Johny. Dudes a champ!!

I cycle between Recon and Assault.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Posm ya bastard! :D haha ben you idiot.

We got a problem F1 is on! I'll be on after the race at 8 then I guess, unless it's a super boring race. Johny absolute champ best bloke ever! I'll get him in on it as well.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh damn, righto no problem. Just join in when your done!

There's at least 2 mods that frequent this thread, banning was inevitable haha

Edit: Well that sucked lol. Was so off the mark Sunday and not many people were on so I went full ridge racer on GT5. Good times.

Think it was Grand Valley Raceway, 240km/h on the straight, 6th gear slide to the left and struggling to pull it up for a 3rd gear burn to the right. Bloody awesome track for wicked drifts!!

This popped up when I was in Grade 12. Just remembered it last night and it brought back the memories! Funny shit just watch it, enjoy:

[video=youtube;vyufDxxWIsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM[/video]

Last edited:

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do many people play F1 2010? I have recently purchased it and I am loving it so far. There are a few things codemasters could work on for F1 2011, but for their first attempt I am pretty impressed.

I am currently in my first season driving for Cosworth Lotus and I have just finished the Spanish Gran Prix (Catalunya) and that by far is the worst track and result I have got to date. Nothing I did seemed to make the car any better, just couldn't match the pace of the AI. Does anyone else play and did they find this particular race rather difficult? I just find it strange because I have done rater well, considering the calibre of car I am driving etc.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
So according to Sony, PSN got hacked by someone/some people! They have then closed it to 'investigate' or something
http://www.news.com.au/world/sony-admits-playstation-hack/story-fn6sb9br-1226043959380

SONY has finally admitted outside hackers are responsible for a major PlayStation Network disruption.

The network outage, which began four days ago, is affecting more than 70 million users worldwide, who use it to play video games against friends online, stream movies and shop online.

Players can still play games offline, but are unable to challenge others over the internet, one of the console's key features.

"An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services," Sony senior director of corporate communications and social media Patrick Seybold said in an online post, confirming for the first time that hackers had played a part in the shutdown.

"We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience," the statement added.

Sony said that it had shut the network down voluntarily "in order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward."

No information was given on when users could expect the service to be restored.

Hacker group Anonymous was originally suspected of causing the disruption as it had previously vowed retribution against the Japanese electronics giant after it took legal action against two hackers.

However, in a message on its website Friday entitled "For Once We Didn't Do It," the group denied responsibility, saying that while it was possible that individual hackers had targeted the network, Sony wasn't an official target.

The message went on to accuse Sony of "taking advantage of Anonymous' previous ill-will towards the company to distract users from the fact that the outage is actually an internal problem with the company's servers."

The outage came during a heavy playing week in the United States, with many public schools closed for spring break and an Easter holiday providing an opportunity for an extended weekend.

loc81

Likes Dirt
I bought myself one of the snazzy Turtle Beach headsets and can't test it out. Not to mention 5 days off with no plans but relax, and this happens. Must be a lot of bored people world wide!!