Playstation 3 Thread

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
So, I updated my PS3 and I got the prompt to change my password and follow the details on the email which apparently could take up to 24 hours, it's been just about 24 hours and still no damn email!

Is there another way to change my password? Is the link in the email just a generic link to a generic site?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i never got the email, though when i changed the password, i just signed in again all was fine. played online moments after

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Does anyone else think that the new Mx vs ATV Alive is a big letdown? I mean basically all they've done is new gear/tracks. Also where is Supercross?!?! thats the main reason i bought the game :mad:
The graphics are shitty, and it still has glitches when you go off jumps also when you are racing at high speeds.
:mad:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Does anyone have Nascar game on PS3 they want to part with? I don't want teh GT5 version, its okay but not Nascar. Anyone?

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone have Nascar game on PS3 they want to part with? I don't want teh GT5 version, its okay but not Nascar. Anyone?
eGay?

You can buy from any region remember. How's f12010 going? I started playing the other night, after sitting in the draw since Christmas. It's good fun. Havin trouble ravin manual tho, but I had the same with anything 7spd on Gt5. Quali and race were both p1 in a toro rossi though, have to be happy with that. Melbourne here I come!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
eGay?

You can buy from any region remember. How's f12010 going? I started playing the other night, after sitting in the draw since Christmas. It's good fun. Havin trouble ravin manual tho, but I had the same with anything 7spd on Gt5. Quali and race were both p1 in a toro rossi though, have to be happy with that. Melbourne here I come!
I found some on there but I don't want a used version from someone I don't trust.
I'm about to start my fifth season on F1 and haven't lost a championship yet. I'm loving the game and while I'm looking forward to F1 2011 (September this year release) I won't touch it until I've finished my seventh season on F1 2010.
The Toro Rosso is a good car man, you can clean up on expert with that car. Stick with it and do the practise sessions that require and R & D upgrade, they do mak eyour car faster over time and you will need that speed for the end of the season to match what the other cars are doing.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Hey guys I got a message from someone (supposedly a scammer?)... I really don't know whether it's real or not... Here's what I got in the password-email message:

Dear Noob,To reset your PlayStation(R)Network password, please click on the link below. This link will expire in 3 hours from the time that it was sent. The link will direct you to a PlayStation(R)Network web page and allow you to enter and confirm your new password.

^Did you get the same message??? I then followed a link below that passage, did a check thingy (whereas you fill out what is written from a box). After doing the checky thingy, it pops up with a message saying that there's a problem with resetting my password, and then to either copy and paste link into an internet browser, or clink the link from the email again. I did exactly that and then got the same thing all over again. Seriously, is this message fake? Or am I doing something wrong..?

EDIT: Now I actually have gotten 3 of these exact same emails within the past 2 hours...

Last edited:

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
^^^You should not have got an email
Uh are you sure? Because from what I am seeing everyone (PSN users) should have gotten an email from PSN for the password reset or confirmation thing. Also, when I turn on my ps3 it automatically pops up with a message saying to sign in. I try to sign it but PSN tells me that a email-reset message will be sent to my email account...

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
All I did was try and sign in, then got prompted to update, updated, then it said I needed to change my password, changed, then signed in. All on the PS3/PSN and not using the web browser.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dear ****,To reset your PlayStation(R)Network password, please click on the link below. This link will expire in 3 hours from the time that it was sent. The link will direct you to a PlayStation(R)Network web page and allow you to enter and confirm your new password.

^Did you get the same message??? I then followed a link below that passage, did a check thingy (whereas you fill out what is written from a box).
I got the email same as this , followed the instructions and then reset my email address and password. (needed to reset email addy as well but that was just me.) I have since logged into PSN and all is well.

Did your time expire on those email links maybe ? Try doing it on the PS3 maybe ?

sam705

Likes Dirt
Well for starters i dont think Sony would send an email starting with 'Dear Noob'...

Edit: By the look of Spinners post, 'noob' is meant to be your PSN.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
All on the PS3/PSN and not using the web browser.
Eh well I can't do litterally anything on the PS3 as it just won't let me...
I have already installed the latest update and everything... But just won't have me change the password? I even try pressing triangle on the Playstation Network symbol to change my password, but nothing ever happens but when I press X on it... (which then leads to the same message 'an password reset email has been sent to blahblahblah') Help please?

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes I have tried. And yes the time thing did expire EVERY time i tried to reset the password (when you fill in the box of letters, the time expiration message pops up).
The password you entered is different to the old one? Eight characters with letters and numbers? (Just checking)

My PS3 prompted me to change password when I signed into PSN. Everything done on the PS3.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
AH I HAS DONE IT! This time I just typed it in SUPER fast, then I got the message I was after. LOL. I have now changed my password :D Thanks for your help anway guys.
I am finally back lads.

zen zen

Likes Dirt
Does anyone else think that the new Mx vs ATV Alive is a big letdown? I mean basically all they've done is new gear/tracks. Also where is Supercross?!?! thats the main reason i bought the game :mad:
The graphics are shitty, and it still has glitches when you go off jumps also when you are racing at high speeds.
:mad:
Not in the slightest mate, it takes a lil time to get usto it but by far a sick game. You must not have done any research on it because supercross is coming out in a DLC because they wanted to make it perfect and use realistic tracks. Also something must be wrong with your ps3 if your graphics are crap and you are glitching, this has never happened to me. Add me for a game if you want PSN: Zen_Zen3

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New Call of Duty reveal trailer. It's gunna be interesting with this being released potentially in the same month as Battlefield 3. Who's going to win?
[video=youtube;coiTJbr9m04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=coiTJbr9m04#at=56[/video]