Playstation 3 Thread

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I loved Skyrim for a solid couple days playtime, but then it got to a point where I could kill everything. Is there like mega hard dungeons somewhere?

aidz44

Likes Dirt
SHIT CONTROL SCHEMES
This is why I play FPS on pc.

On a different note, has anyone got the speed test DLC for GT5. would really like to compare top speeds of road cars and the like.
I have 388.3km/h with a Zonda R and 378.3km/h with a C63 AMG of all things

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Started playing Skyrim, God knows how long after everyone else. Worth the hype.
It sure is. I got for Christmas so had to hang out for it and have enjoyed it immensely. I play the shit out of Fallout and I actually think Skyrim is better. I haven't come across the problems that other PS3 users are having and I'm playing it a lot so fingers crossed it stays that way!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Two months since posting in this thread! Well, I'm over 100 hours on Skyrim and haven't considered backing off, I'm doing it in full! I've also just read that the big Battlefield 3 PS3 update is live and some other awesome tweaks are available! Read this: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/ps3-update-live/ I love the idea of actually being able to buy all the weapons and upgrades as it will purely focus on gameplay if many people buy it. Some will hate it but if you love the game you'll still play it regardless of how many guns the next guy has at his disposal.
We should do a session over Easter sometime? Do it on the Friday night? Bueller? Bueller?

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm nearing the 100 hour mark on skyrim. It's addictive as hell! Awesome game. I have mass effect 3 sitting here waiting to be played, but haven't got round to it yet!

I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2 - First one was awesome fun!

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love the idea of actually being able to buy all the weapons and upgrades as it will purely focus on gameplay if many people buy it.
I don't! I think that if one person has slogged out hours to unlock various upgrades that give them an advantage, they should be rewarded for it. Imagine if everybody had ECM jamming and guided missiles in scout helicopters? I wouldn't get 1/4 of my kills! Speaking of which, I got a k/d of 33/1 the other day, stoked!

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Haven't touched the old PS3 in a while except to play MX vs ATV Reflex. Been having too much fun with emulators.
That said, got heaps sick/had surgery over summer, so I ended up getting to level 78 in Skyrim. Strong life.

Joshi95

Likes Bikes
Never played skyrim in my life but all my mates that have ps3's and 360's go nuts over the game but im happy with mx vs atv reflecx and alive

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I haven't touched my PS3 in months, partly because I've not been home and partly because I've been consumed with PC games ever since buying a new laptop just before xmas along with Skyrim. This is annoying me a bit as I still feel I have unfinished business - certainly my GT5 career is dead in the water, I still don't have a clue about Driver San Francisco and I think Nathan Drake has been hanging off a cliff edge for 6 months now.

That may all change though after seeing this little gem:

[video=youtube;5OTm0jOhVKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OTm0jOhVKI[/video]

It's getting a worldwide release soon apparently

http://au.gamespot.com/features/in-japan-a-newborn-chicken-can-defeat-a-pride-of-lions-6383638/

Toff

Likes Dirt
So my hard drive just cracked the shits and went and corrupted itself.. Is fixing it as easy as finding another 2.5" SATA drive and plugging it in, or am I missing something important?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Don't bother starting it. It is a SHIT game, which plays as if it is meant for an 8 year old.

I loved the originals back in the day, but this was appalling.
What I meant is that I still haven't finished the main story in it so I am no closer to finding out just how the whole-coma thing ties in with what's happening in real-life.

I can't believe you didn't like it though. Its an absolute cracker and it was my favourite game from last year that didn't involve traipsing around a stunning arctic landscape chopping the heads off Elves, Orcs and whiny Scandinavians

The storyline is definitely a shade more inventive than the usual driving-game fair and the voice acting is also a step up from the norm. the soundtrack is ace, the driving physics suit the gameplay perfectly, the range of cars is awesome, the replays are superb and the movie-inspired side missions are almost better than the actual sandbox game itself!

My only bugbear is that they didn't expand the map enough to include all of Oakland as I spent time there when I was a kid.

Frayed

Likes Bikes
So my hard drive just cracked the shits and went and corrupted itself.. Is fixing it as easy as finding another 2.5" SATA drive and plugging it in, or am I missing something important?
Yup 2.5 drive formated to fat 32 I think from memory. There are stacks of how to guides out there.

Hdd

Is it just a case of whack the new drive in and it'll format itself? Like a plug and play deal?
Yeh mate, pretty straight forward. As soon as you put the HDD in the sony will format it itself. The only downside is that because the HDD shat itself, you have lost everything!!!

Best thing to do is go to JB or Joyce and pick up a cheap 500gb portable HD and pull the case off (i think they are about $70 or $80). Its heaps cheaper then buying one off ebay/electronics store.