PM System Abuse with regards to Trading

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not exactly trading related but i think its PM abuse
i got this PM a few days ago
whats confusing me that its a 'Re:' message, as if i'd sent him one and his replied but i've never sent a message to this guy :confused:
crazy spammers!
has any one else got this one?
because it seem like a copy paste kind of thing as its not exactly addressed to me!

Re: Norco Rival
Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
turing2
http://www.freewebtown.com/turing
this guy is banned as well!

goose15482

Likes Dirt
Spam Problem Solved

Hi All...

I reported the SPAM to Ryan from Admin...and he confirmed that it was a SPAM Pm. He has banned the user...problem solved:D.

aaronzor

Likes Dirt
yeah check this out my mate "Nerf Herder" just received this in his inbox, asked me if i received one... check it

----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by turing2
Hi,

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
turing2
http://www.freewebtown.com/turing

life/time/money is precious please get out on ya ya sweet economical and well purchased items, enjoying yo mates sweet experiences and yours and? c'mon u know the rest. don't mess with the crew! We are all funky family!
gf

zap

Likes Bikes
And you guys thought I was weird :p

yeah check this out my mate "Nerf Herder" just received this in his inbox, asked me if i received one... check it

----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by turing2
Hi,

pieboy5000

Cannon Fodder
this is my first auto track tell me what you guys think

5k 5a 5k 5u 4m 5u,2q 1s 2q 2q 1s 2q,-1s 18 -26 18,-2q 18 -18 18 -a 18,a 4m a 5a 18 5a,u 7g u 84 1s 84,u 7g u 76,1i 9m 1i aa,3o bi 3o cg 34 cg 2q cg,3o bi 3o b8,-k ec -k f0 a f0,-a h6 -a hq a hq,34 h6 34 i4 2g i4,a jc a k0 u ka,-a hg -a hq,26 mq 34 mq 34 ls,-3o oc -3o pa -34 pa -2g pa -2g oc##T -3e om,T 2q mg,T a hg,T k jm,T 2g hg,T 0 ec,B 42 cg 8e,T 3e bs,T 26 9m,T 1i 76,T u 4m,T 2g 26,T -a u

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
this is my first auto track tell me what you guys think

5k 5a 5k 5u 4m 5u,2q 1s 2q 2q 1s 2q,-1s 18 -26 18,-2q 18 -18 18 -a 18,a 4m a 5a 18 5a,u 7g u 84 1s 84,u 7g u 76,1i 9m 1i aa,3o bi 3o cg 34 cg 2q cg,3o bi 3o b8,-k ec -k f0 a f0,-a h6 -a hq a hq,34 h6 34 i4 2g i4,a jc a k0 u ka,-a hg -a hq,26 mq 34 mq 34 ls,-3o oc -3o pa -34 pa -2g pa -2g oc##T -3e om,T 2q mg,T a hg,T k jm,T 2g hg,T 0 ec,B 42 cg 8e,T 3e bs,T 26 9m,T 1i 76,T u 4m,T 2g 26,T -a u
I think you're actually looking for This Thread

Oh well, what can ya do?

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got that exact PM on another forum... I just hit the delete button whenever I get spam, easy enough solution, but I see what you mean when you say it wasn't obvious until you opened the message...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I just joined Farken. Fantastic site with great info for the novice. Cheers. But I've already had my first bad experience. I put in an offer on a bike here. He accepted. We exchanged emails saying so, so that we had a copy each if there was a problem. Even organised the freight and payment. Then he pulls out. If you're not sure you want to sell, don't fuck people around. When you commit to a deal then stay. I understand that the seller has the right to pull out but it's not good business to pull out when the deal is done and you've agreed to everything. Hopefully the next person I approach is a little more fucking mature. :mad:

nmobbs

Squid
Good information

Its good to read this information - in the end it is really about common sense and common courtesy. Someone's trash is always someone else's treasure so as long as buyers and sellers are reasonable with each other there should be a lot of MTB bits exchanging hands which is good.

addmin

Likes Dirt
slight bump-ish here.

but... if we (as a seller) have had someone tyre kick and waste our time via pm's what can/should we do?

What annoys me is the person in question here asked me numerous questions (postage, etc) and wasted my time for about a week and then at the end goes 'i need to see if it will even fit'. surely wasting somebodys time before you know if the thing will even fit your bike is not acceptable (i gave all the relavent details about sizing, etc in my ad)

this person doesnt have trading access and i can only hope that if and when they gets it they pick up their game.

ps: oh and the person in question has a spelling age of 1.. maybe 0

end rant:mad:

CELL Bikes

Likes Dirt
addmin,

welcome to the wonderful world of retail!

i get tons of people like this all day.

don't get me wrong, i don't mind answering questions, as i once was a newbie and am thankful for everyone that educated me about bikes, however, if someone is deliberately wasting your time, it's a bit rude.

-Mark, aka MR. CELL BiKES

slight bump-ish here.

but... if we (as a seller) have had someone tyre kick and waste our time via pm's what can/should we do?

What annoys me is the person in question here asked me numerous questions (postage, etc) and wasted my time for about a week and then at the end goes 'i need to see if it will even fit'. surely wasting somebodys time before you know if the thing will even fit your bike is not acceptable (i gave all the relavent details about sizing, etc in my ad)

this person doesnt have trading access and i can only hope that if and when they gets it they pick up their game.

ps: oh and the person in question has a spelling age of 1.. maybe 0

end rant:mad:

stinkblot

Likes Dirt
it goes both ways...

it kinda goes both ways. When people sell stuff they should write sold in the title or next to the item if its a multi sale. I pm people a lot to either get no response or sorry its sold. Some people are cool and answer my questions about sizing, uses etc... I bargain inc. Postage to get the best prices. I dont say i will buy it. Its negotiating. Admin could message people about items that have been inactive for a length of time. If they dont get back in a month or so... Delete the post. Saves wading through crap.

addmin

Likes Dirt
it kinda goes both ways. When people sell stuff they should write sold in the title or next to the item if its a multi sale. I pm people a lot to either get no response or sorry its sold. Some people are cool and answer my questions about sizing, uses etc... I bargain inc. Postage to get the best prices. I dont say i will buy it. Its negotiating. Admin could message people about items that have been inactive for a length of time. If they dont get back in a month or so... Delete the post. Saves wading through crap.

bargaining with someone over numerous pms and then saying at the end that the price isn't good enough is NOT acceptable

if its just one pm where you ask what the lowest they will go is, then thats different.

as to your idea of admins pm'ing people. Surely a persons common sense will tell them that an ad from 6 months ago is probably not still valid.

Last edited:

my_bike

Likes Dirt
This is not that related to the tread but I didn't want to make a new thread about this.
I have seen people with I-trade and what intrests me is, does everyone on Farkin who has trading accsess have one? If so can some one help me find mine?