poodle's slope style build

will2

Likes Dirt
This is the "complete" I picked up from team G-force along with the frame (the feature of this thread). I made a few changes and now it is the ultimate Lady/small rider all rounder. Key features are:
- Marz55cr forks dropped to 150mm
- 165mm Zee crank with Token crank bolt (see LTIL for this rad gadget)
- XT brakes and drive
- Crank Bros wheels (I love the look!) and dropper
- 660mm race face bars
- Dirty stem

I haven't weighed it, but it is light! Did a few street sprints and gutters this morning and really liked the way it felt. I am definitely going to enjoy the adult version!

View attachment 300880
You seem to like that feature wall for your bike reveals. It's pretty deep and artistic.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You seem to like that feature wall for your bike reveals. It's pretty deep and artistic.
I ride past it with a little regularity and the dark bikes usually pop out against the bright colours well. But I cruised past an engineering workshop this afternoon and found their l ain bricks helped with the new ride...

Behold! 13.6kg of death defiance and pure gnar.

IMG_20150329_185507.jpg

IMG_20150329_185442.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
that didn't take long...

Almost made it to the end of the second day owning this thing without a crash! Had a high speed slipp off a tiny piece of concrete I regularly ride along in front of a servo. Front tyre dropped one side rear the other. The hooked working the near by corner had herself a good laugh!

IMG_20150330_004818.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You are obviously unfamiliar with the type of women that work a street corner...think too washed up to work in a brothel...I'll try and get a pic for you, but that's risky business!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
sweet build!

you've probably covered this... but why retire the SC?
I haven't really covered this...the Nomad is easily the greatest bike I have ever owned, and there has been MANY bikes. It does every style of riding I'm into well, but there are a few things that it isn't awesome at.
- as a biggish travel frame it isn't very responsive on the streets and skate park
- on DH trails the rear end can be a little flexy when ready pushing it.

I'd been running 3 bikes for a long time. At about this time last year my street bike was flogged. Bit of a career and lifestyle change thrown in and decided to cut back to 2 bikes. On the street the nomad commutes really fast and well, but it doesn't pop. My easiest local trails don't require much fire power, the Nomad is over kill. My DH bike covers the tough guy riding the Nomad sits in the awkward middle point...too awesome for most riding, not quite awesome enough for the rest. I do a big ride around town most nights and enjoy a bit of the skate park, some stair hucks, a few drop offs, and general clowning around...so was really missing having a snappy short travel daulie. I don't like hard tails. The M4X came along at the right time. It has been the slowest build I've engaged in.

The Nomad will become a prized wall decoration. I'll still aim to sell the totems (again - best forks every no idea why they aren't made anymore).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
first ride on dirt!

Today, which is now yesterday, was the bike's first dirt adventure. I had a few laps of the Glenrock Lagood dirt jumps. The bike is soooooooo much fun to ride. It is short and snappy on the pedals, very easy to throw around (whips etc very easy), really easy to control. I was very stoked.

High points:
- tyres (schwbe table tops) hooked up way better than I expected. I was very pleased.
- bikes geometry and weight allowed me to really throw it.

Low points:
- I love the forks very much, but I think there could be an issue with the travel adjust. A few times they crept from 120 back to 160. Not sure if this is from bumping an overly sensitive knob or a slow leak somewhere. I produced a few x-ups and flu d the shifting cable would cross over the knob.

Check the god rays in the pic! Someone was pleased with my bike.

IMG_20150411_000221.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Soooo.... That is a photo of the bike, what i really long for is this washed up lover of mine.
I'm all over red tube. For washed up check out:
- poodle does the dishes
- poodle and the rubber ducky
- poodle gets the hose.

They should he right up your alley.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well folks this thread has come to a sad end. This evening my bike was stolen. I am disappointed as this was a really awesome bike to ride. Very responsive and snappy, lite but strong. Hopefully when the dust settles I can get another one. Stay tuned...

The other annoying bit is I haven't finished my baby oil experiment. The brakes were still going strong on the trails today with the baby oil in them! Screw you thieving cunt! Hopefully the seals blow out and you crash into a hard object.

will2

Likes Dirt
Well folks this thread has come to a sad end. This evening my bike was stolen. I am disappointed as this was a really awesome bike to ride. Very responsive and snappy, lite but strong. Hopefully when the dust settles I can get another one. Stay tuned...

The other annoying bit is I haven't finished my baby oil experiment. The brakes were still going strong on the trails today with the baby oil in them! Screw you thieving cunt! Hopefully the seals blow out and you crash into a hard object.
Absolutely gutted dude. That little thing was so sick. Hoping some drongo rides it to the shops and you can beat the fuck out of him. What were the circumstances of the theft?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Absolutely gutted dude. That little thing was so sick. Hoping some drongo rides it to the shops and you can beat the fuck out of him. What were the circumstances of the theft?
Yeah its annoying. I'll be watching Gumtree! Locked bike up in rack at IGA (busy area, lights, cameras etc, so safe) and had dinner and coffee at cafe a few doors down. Finished dinner, the bike was gone and I was sad.

will2

Likes Dirt
Yeah its annoying. I'll be watching Gumtree! Locked bike up in rack at IGA (busy area, lights, cameras etc, so safe) and had dinner and coffee at cafe a few doors down. Finished dinner, the bike was gone and I was sad.
Can you get CCTV of the action? Then pay for the Rotorburn, hood bike gang to come to Newcastle and unleash anarchy on the town? Unleashing brutal beat downs with handlebars and pinning our suspects to chairs using spokes?

For the record, back in the day I used a dodgy lock on my Giant Reign while I went into Bunnings to buy some shit. Came out snapped the key in the lock. Went back into Bunnings to buy a hacksaw, and cut it off. No one batted an eyelid as I chopped through the thing, and that was the corner of two bloody busy roads. Turns out no one really gives a shit, "Well, that looks dodgey! But who would be fool enough to steal a bike in broad daylight?".

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can you get CCTV of the action? Then pay for the Rotorburn, hood bike gang to come to Newcastle and unleash anarchy on the town? Unleashing brutal beat downs with handlebars and pinning our suspects to chairs using spokes?

For the record, back in the day I used a dodgy lock on my Giant Reign while I went into Bunnings to buy some shit. Came out snapped the key in the lock. Went back into Bunnings to buy a hacksaw, and cut it off. No one batted an eyelid as I chopped through the thing, and that was the corner of two bloody busy roads. Turns out no one really gives a shit, "Well, that looks dodgey! But who would be fool enough to steal a bike in broad daylight?".
People really don't care.