Poor uninformed public

toodles

Wheel size expert
I wanna see someone buy an X-Trail, drive it like they do in the ad (jumping, hitting sandy corners flat out, etc) and then take when it (inevitably) breaks - take it to Nissan and say you were only using it for the advertised purpose.

Anyway, I've got to go finish my KFC Xtreme hunger pack and wash it down with an extreme Pepsi Max. How can I win DH if I don't eat and breathe extreme products?

toodles

Wheel size expert
lupine128 said:
twitch.
twitch.
must find gun...... and tall building.......
LOL. Nice rant building there dude. Now just put down the rifle and back away from it...

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Fucking coaster brakes. I still have to rip the odd one apart at work, usually because of a loud grinding noise when coasting on the new kids bikes- fuck they suck.

Oh and as for the public.
I was at hogs breath last night and the have a tv screen showing some old asss mtbing. Jonny T flying down a fireroad with toe clips and DROP bars. Makes us look pussy. Worst thing is that thats the image that was pushed so much durring the sports boom, hymmm spandex...

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
you'd be happy shwinbot...looks as tho action man has gone single speed! Although that is a chunky lookin hub, could be a rohloff... :lol: :wink:

Sommoner

Likes Dirt
I’d say that paint balling is in the same boat as mtb, most ppl know about it and think its just some young guys shooting each other. But don’t realize that there are state and national leagues, international tournaments and so on. If any of you guys have played paint ball would know it’s a hell of a lot of difference between the equipment the pros use compared to what you get 2 use, with entry level markers starting around $500 going up to 3000 odd $ for something with a automatic hopper where you can adjust how may balls you want to shoot per sec. And the difference is speed of game play 2, me and my friends found this out when we came across SA top team. If you every get a chance go watch a tournament and you will know what im talking about.

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
scotty beefs said:
you'd be happy shwinbot...looks as tho action man has gone single speed! Although that is a chunky lookin hub, could be a rohloff... :lol: :wink:
Action man is so ahead of the game. Rocket launcher, mono directional huffy external spring suspension fork, right hand front disc brake, rear disc rotor on the drive side and invisible caliper, ss rubber band drive train. His bike is a head of its time.

Rik

logged out
:lol: That's wicked!
But I meant, in the TV ad, there's some real footage, and he is running spinergy's :)

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
paintball is one of the best sports out there.
i played tourny for a couple of seasons. i finaly had to quit cause of the cost.
it would cost us around $500 each per tourney, plus whatever we had to spend on practice usualy $150+ per week. and that was with super cheap paint cause we all used to ref for the feild that sponsored us.
belive it or not, DH is actualy way cheaper.... try explaining that to riders.
a decent marker will cost you $2K plus, minimum, plus about that again in air system, hopper, gogs, harness, loaders, and all the rest of the shit.
if you do get to chance to see a tourny, you'll find that almost no-one wears cams anymore, and most of the games are on open "concept" fields. big open flat areas, with limited cover made out of pipes or barrels, and small barricades. game usualy lasts about 5-10 minutes each, and each player on a 5-man team will blow thru maybe a thouand rounds. totlay mad to play, and the biggest rush to play properly.
national paintball fields out at blacksoil used to do a great series evry 2 months where they would team up one pro, one am, and one novice per tem, and run 20-30 teams aginst each other. only the pro's could run their own markers, evry one else had to use feild markers, and you could only take on one hopper of paint. was great. cost you about $50 for the day, included lunch, and a stack of prizes and trophies for the top 5 teams. was really even as well. don't know if they still run it, but it was cool.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and see?
after a nice quite ride, i feel so much better, and no longer feel the need to cleanse the gene pool of bottom feeders.
i am calm, collected, and really need to sleep sometime this week........

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had some old ladie on a roadbike ask me if i go over the handle-bars if i use my front disc... :|

I also hate it when i say i want a new bike.. and than people are like.. you've already got one... it's perfect condition... so then i tell them that its the wrong kind... and they're like... a bike's a bike.... :|

Rik

logged out
Heh, that's exactly what my dad's like matty_2003, and to make things even worse, he's been riding all his life so you'd at least think he'd understand/sympathise.

It's funny when people get shocked at how many bikes I own, and the expression on their face is funny when I try to explain the exact purpose of each bike and why I need it for such a specific job.

"but can't you just ride one, and do everything on it?" :mad: