Pork Barrel at Mt Stromlo

swatto90

Likes Dirt
So Pork Barrel is a very popular descent at Stromlo. It has been getting a revamp, so many sneaky lines in it and its only getting better. Here is a GoPro run of my first time down with the new track work done. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/nz9IagWDwLE

FatGuts

Likes Dirt
How good is it now. We did it two weeks ago & I have never seen a group of blokes so happy after we did Western Wedgetail/Pork Barrell.

Our new starting point is now the car park out the back, hit up Crim Track, Heart Breaker, Skyline, the main climb & then finish it off with Western, Pork, Pary Line & Double Dissalution.

Its a top ride.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looked like so much fun. Gotta get back to Stromlo soon.
Thanks for the vid!

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
Rode it for the first time in full yesterday. Well done to everyone involved in revamping the run. My Anthem felt a bit at odds compared to the old Stumpjumper but I havent had a grin that big on my face for a while.

DD is looking awesome as well even turned around to hit it a second time!

Does anyone know if Pork Barrel will be in this weekend 3 hour enduro?

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Rode pork barrel and double diss yesterday on my reign. So much more fun after the work - its replaced skyline/luge as my fav run down there

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
We're heading down ur way for a few days for a friend's 40th,,,, planning to take he bike,,,, a couple of runs like that will make my week... :):) are these runs mapped? Can u shuttle? Never been to Stromlo...

jonozrx

Likes Dirt
We're heading down ur way for a few days for a friend's 40th,,,, planning to take he bike,,,, a couple of runs like that will make my week... :):) are these runs mapped? Can u shuttle? Never been to Stromlo...
All well mapped, and there's a sealed shuttle road. You'll love it.

FatGuts

Likes Dirt
Where exactly is the Pork Barrel trail @ Stromlo ? I can't find any trail names on the map of the park on their website. Looking forward to hitting it up when I get to Canberra next.
http://www.stromloforestpark.com.au/
Ride to the top, when you get to Western Wedgetail punt down that. At the bottom of that track take a hard left before the fire road & there it is. If you hit Skyline you have gone too far.

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
I did think about putting it into the 3hr, except I'm lazy and I've been asked not to (ever so nicely too)
thanks for letting me know Kris, thats a pity becuase that run would have been a nice rest after the climb (climbing is something I'm not good at).

So I assume Skyline, Luge, Slant Six or something like that?

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
thanks for letting me know Kris, thats a pity becuase that run would have been a nice rest after the climb (climbing is something I'm not good at).

So I assume Skyline, Luge, Slant Six or something like that?
Yep, the course is the red lap, so up the climb and down Skyline and Luge into Old Duffy's Descent, around the 4X track, over the bridge into transition and around again.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
then there's all those new hip jumps the rider went past all the way down.
im not saying the rider should have hit them as i am not sure what bike he was on.

peanut

Likes Dirt
Double dissolution got a revamp last week also, there's lots of new tables/drops/doubles which don't appear in the vid.
I rode it a couple of times on sunday, it's nicely packing in from the rain and you can pretty much coast and pump the entire western wedge/porkbarrel trail, theres a small pedal in double dissolution(50m)and thats it. weeeeeee.

peanut

Likes Dirt
then there's all those new hip jumps the rider went past all the way down.
im not saying the rider should have hit them as i am not sure what bike he was on.
you can jump both the inside and outside apex on each of those corners up top, or stay on the main line and do the doubles,lots of choice to be had.