Possums discussion thread

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
This thread is to discuss issues, trail work and etc for 'possums' downhill tracks. If anyone who wont's to make a new line, change and pull anything out. You can post what you wont to do and so on, on this thread.
Recently someone has been making some real scummy lines and unfinished them, leaving the track looking like crap. So therefore as said if anyone has a problem with anything and also wont's to build something discuss it here and we can all have a say.

Last edited:

zanus

Likes Dirt
Good idea, Luke.

Anyway, i'm still thinking of a name for 'my track'. I don't want to name it after me, as many others have put a tonne of work into it. I was thinking 'Aquaint' or 'Secrets', but those are both ones i thought of. Since this is a community track, i'd like some ideas. And i was thinking we could have a ride day once i finish it.

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Good idea, Luke.

Anyway, i'm still thinking of a name for 'my track'. I don't want to name it after me, as many others have put a tonne of work into it. I was thinking 'Aquaint' or 'Secrets', but those are both ones i thought of. Since this is a community track, i'd like some ideas. And i was thinking we could have a ride day once i finish it.
Names of tracks usually just come to mind when people ride it often. Like 4x section, no one actually came up with a name for it. Everyone just happen to start calling it that.
By the way zanus, i checked out your track today. Its a lot better than last time i seen it but i still reckon the step down is to small. You have to scrub it heaps :rolleyes:.

zanus

Likes Dirt
Names of tracks usually just come to mind when people ride it often. Like 4x section, no one actually came up with a name for it. Everyone just happen to start calling it that.
By the way zanus, i checked out your track today. Its a lot better than last time i seen it but i still reckon the step down is to small. You have to scrub it heaps :rolleyes:.
Yeah, alright. I'll Look into it.
Im thinking of flashy as laminated section name signs. Just to make it look cool as. Anyway, anyone been up today?

Red.

Likes Dirt
Name it somthing like. somones mum. so you can be like, lets go ride jons mum.

Last edited:

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Building up treetops

Who is keen for a build day this weekend on saturday to fix up treetops ?
Me and red are going up and who ever else who wants to help, come along.

supermajo1

Likes Dirt
allright, i havent been to your track for a while zanus.
So what has been done to it and what are you planning to build next.
Anything that needs fixing?

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Who is keen for a build day this weekend on saturday to fix up treetops ?
Me and red are going up and who ever else who wants to help, come along.
Rode treetops for the first time on sunday,awesome track but is a pain in the arse to get to and needs alot of work by the looks of it.
Also theres big red bellys up their , thought it was to cold for the to be out this time of the year.

spydh

Squid
I might have seen you their yeahyeah i was their on sunday afternoon!

Who are the locals that build at possums? i was riding down on my first run and there was a motorbike and 4 others dudes on norco's from what i could see just hanging out at the 2 doubles that are on the left, do they think they own it or something? They didnt even get out of the way.

Im just saying cause im intereted in coming out more often as i am new to the wollongong area and dont need no stuck up dh riders standing in the way on 2 occasions.

Great work to the locals that actually build their i take my hat off to you!:)
Look forward to riding & lending a hand if needed also.

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
I might have seen you their yeahyeah i was their on sunday afternoon!

Who are the locals that build at possums? i was riding down on my first run and there was a motorbike and 4 others dudes on norco's from what i could see just hanging out at the 2 doubles that are on the left, do they think they own it or something? They didnt even get out of the way.

Im just saying cause im intereted in coming out more often as i am new to the wollongong area and dont need no stuck up dh riders standing in the way on 2 occasions.

Great work to the locals that actually build their i take my hat off to you!:)
Look forward to riding & lending a hand if needed also.
Hey, i am one of the locals who build most of the stuff there often and i was one of those guys that were at those two doubles but i didn't get in the rode of you's, sorry about the other guys who did. we didn't pay attention and didn't see you guys coming down. And don't worry we do get out of the rode besides that time:rolleyes:. I am guessing your one of the guys on the commencal's ?
Its good to see people completing on the track and saying its good and seeing more people out riding it as its usually very quite. By the way i was the tall guy riding the Norco team dh.

spydh

Squid
Luke_99 i was with those guys on the commencal's and met up with the other guys on the jamis and the glory, i only done about 3 runs and then left. I am gonna start riding there a fair bit even if it is a push up track its one of the best id have to say!
If i see you guys their again i will say gday, didnt mean to come across as a knob in that previous post either...:cool:

Red.

Likes Dirt
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you the guy i seen that had the sunday and was putting in the ute?
I was the guy that had the rotec, that got droped off.

Well zanus i was just seeing if you kere if i take the pallet that is on your track at this moment of time, well just seeing if i could take it to make the old big 4x jump again.
Also im not building it my self, i will get luke to help me.

There is now a little jump at the first moto jump and the 2nd down ramp has been built up by moto riders.

and also a name. What about. Creek run. since it run right along the creek

Last edited:

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Building up treetops

I think i might have to change it to another day. Looks like it is going to be a little wet on the weekend. The dirt will just be soft and crap to build with...

zanus

Likes Dirt
Okay, call it whatever you like. It was a stupid idea. Anyway, luke, its the perfect time to do other things such as parkboard. :p

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Went up today with josh and did a bit of building. It wasn't as wet as i thought and believe it or not is was quite dry when digging in the grown. We extended the rock garden after the switch backs and fixed up there berm after it. Also gave the switch back a bit of a tidy up, due to heaps of leaves and dirt got washed down into it.Also the track held up pretty good from the heavy rain and is still perfect to ride, just some bit there and there. Here's some pictures of the work done.

Last edited: