Post your 29er!

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
A Hard Eddie? Mate haven't you heard? They're crap. Flexy, slow, disintegrate in light moisture. Luckily I have a solution. It looks like an XL so I'd be prepared to take that death trap away from you for your own safety. Just send me your address and the hours no one is usually home.

In all seriousness: 4907tg oVCX?jknbv W<45 UDF#KBVN ?!@? You can't put pictures like that up. Children might see them.

Specs? Weight? Must be mid to low 9s surely?
HARHAR It rides crazy fast.. though I'm coming off a 26 dually so really I never had an idea of speed :p
current setup would probably be around 9.5kg or so (haven't weighed it can't you tell, and it's a Large frame), will drop a bit of weight with a tubeless setup, which i haven't done yet
Sorry I'm pretty much in love with it

Specs..
XX1 drivetrain
XX Brakes
SID XX World Cup Forks
Truvativ Noir T30 10s bars (the wide ones mwahaha)
Stylo Stem
Noir Post
Comfy Selle Italia Flite saddle
Ikon 3C EXC EXO
SRAM Rise 60 carbon wheels
XT pedals (cause I'm cheap ;) )
and sram grips, which are terrible, ESI to come

Last edited:

ozdavo

Likes Dirt
My latest build: cheap HT. light alloy frame from unknown origin, shipped from Germany. Paint was plain white without a clear coat, so I hit it with a bead blaster taking it back to bare alloy. Bare frame about 1500gm. Currently running old RST fork & Alex wheels until I can fund an upgrade (thinking Reba 15mm TA & light (~1800gm), strong wheelset). Running X9 2x10 with X0 RD. 2012 Elixir 7's with taper bore. Awaiting 180mm PM adapter to arrive till I can mount the front HS1 180mm. Dropper is cheap, heavy T7 one (600+gm). Race face carbon bar Deda stem I had laying around finishes the cockpit. Currently weighs 12.13kg with all this and 400gm's in tubes!

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

dA_bOmBbIkE

Likes Dirt
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373684814.836837.jpg

My new element 970 bc edition. Finally a bike that fits me perfectly! Xxl 29ers are where it's at.

Upgrades to come:
Tubeless
1x10 with general lee adaptor and xx1 knockoff chainring

Haven't weighed it yet but it feels light!

I have been previously riding a RM altitude and this feels every bit as capable but faster and more dialed.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
View attachment 268419

My new element 970 bc edition. Finally a bike that fits me perfectly! Xxl 29ers are where it's at.

Upgrades to come:
Tubeless

I have been previously riding a RM altitude and this feels every bit as capable but faster and more dialed.
well done mate - how tall are you?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 268419

Upgrades to come:
Tubeless

Really like the look of these, especially with the twin chip at the shock mount giving you loads of tuning options. Do let us all know how she rides!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
well done mate - how tall are you?
Recruiting for the vertically unchallenged support group JD ?:cheer2:

The RMs were my second choice when I got my Tallboy. Only had the alloys at the time with the 100mm fork and Rock Shoxs rear shocks. They were super fun geo but the rear suspension seemed a bit 'dead' or too 'racy' or something. I felt it was the shock. That BC edition carbon with 120mm fork and fox shocky would be awesome I'd say ! :canada:

dA_bOmBbIkE

Likes Dirt
Yep I certainly belong in any group for the vertically unchallenged- im 6'6". This model does not actually have the ride 9 system that you are referring to, it came on the instinct and altitude only for 2013. It is certainly more playful than alot of other bikes in its category, I came from riding a DH and 150mm bike to this so I am glad I can still have a bit of fun as well as keep up with the Lycra clad lads. I have always had a fetish for Genre bending bikes and this one certainly fits the bill. Also frame is super stiff- even with its ungodly high seat mast. My only gripe is the 3x drivetrain- havent had one of these forever! I was going to convert to 2x10, but for less investment, and possibly more enjoyment I might go with the 1x system- with a wide narrow chainring and general lee cassette.

2 questions for you guys:

has anyone heard of the major manufactures bringing out a 11-40 or 42t cassette that could be integrated into a current 10sp system? My thinking is this probably wont happen- instead we will get a full new system making our current drivetrains apparently obsolete

and can someone recommend me a good tubeless tyre- Not a huge fan of the conti's currently on the bike. I want something a little more agressive but with decent rolling resistance- versatile for trail riding and races- I mainly ride: lysterfield, Buxton, youies, upper beac, and do enduros- otway, wombat etc

Cheers
and glad to finally join the big wheeled bandits

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yep I certainly belong in any group for the vertically unchallenged- im 6'6". This model does not actually have the ride 9 system that you are referring to, it came on the instinct and altitude only for 2013. It is certainly more playful than alot of other bikes in its category, I came from riding a DH and 150mm bike to this so I am glad I can still have a bit of fun as well as keep up with the Lycra clad lads. I have always had a fetish for Genre bending bikes and this one certainly fits the bill. Also frame is super stiff- even with its ungodly high seat mast. My only gripe is the 3x drivetrain- havent had one of these forever! I was going to convert to 2x10, but for less investment, and possibly more enjoyment I might go with the 1x system- with a wide narrow chainring and general lee cassette.

2 questions for you guys:

has anyone heard of the major manufactures bringing out a 11-40 or 42t cassette that could be integrated into a current 10sp system? My thinking is this probably wont happen- instead we will get a full new system making our current drivetrains apparently obsolete

and can someone recommend me a good tubeless tyre- Not a huge fan of the conti's currently on the bike. I want something a little more agressive but with decent rolling resistance- versatile for trail riding and races- I mainly ride: lysterfield, Buxton, youies, upper beac, and do enduros- otway, wombat etc

Cheers
and glad to finally join the big wheeled bandits
'Gripper' on here created a thread about building his own 11-41t 10 speed cassette, have a read!

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and can someone recommend me a good tubeless tyre- Not a huge fan of the conti's currently on the bike. I want something a little more agressive but with decent rolling resistance- versatile for trail riding and races
I like to run UST Ardents on my Bandit 29. I run a 2.4 on the front and 2.25 on the back. I like them because they are one of the few aggressive tread tyres that roll well. The centre lugs are quite close and have noticed on the bitumen they look almost like a solid bead. They hook up really well on my local trails which are loose over hard and very, very rocky.

The big bag is perfect for aggressive All Mountain riding. Some people have said they notice a gap in the tread between the centre lugs and the side lugs unless you really lay the bike into turns, but it isn't anything that has worried me ;)

Jerry Atrick

Likes Bikes
Finally after spending months looking like this...
08A83D4D-A6A7-4222-957A-492FA2B23E4A.JPG

i finally got all the parts to make it look like this
IMG_2464.jpg
Its my first 29er, first SS and first Steel framed bike (since i was 12yo)

ive been collecting parts from fleabay and the classified section on here

so its a custom build:
KHS Solo one SE
Fox 32 Fit

Thomson kit to support my hands and arse

Holzfella
shhh don't mention the chain ring (need to get something a little better)
Sram PC1 chain
Velosolo 18t rear cog

Velocity blunts laced to XT hubs
RaRA 29x2.25 (still running tubes for a little bit)
Magura Louise brakes (Yes the hose need cutting down)

i took her out yeasterday for the first time and have got her dirty.
while she rides beautifully i am have a bitch of a time with the chain slipping off (i think i need to re-assess my chain line)

Last edited:

softek

Likes Dirt
HARHAR It rides crazy fast.. though I'm coming off a 26 dually so really I never had an idea of speed :p
current setup would probably be around 9.5kg or so (haven't weighed it can't you tell, and it's a Large frame), will drop a bit of weight with a tubeless setup, which i haven't done yet
Sorry I'm pretty much in love with it

Specs..
XX1 drivetrain
XX Brakes
SID XX World Cup Forks
Truvativ Noir T30 10s bars (the wide ones mwahaha)
Stylo Stem
Noir Post
Comfy Selle Italia Flite saddle
Ikon 3C EXC EXO
SRAM Rise 60 carbon wheels
XT pedals (cause I'm cheap ;) )
and sram grips, which are terrible, ESI to come
awesome ride, what do you think of the wheels?, Im considering getting some, I heard with the 21mm rim, it can be painful putting on some tires

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Just putting it out there that I am going to have something special to show off "soon". :D
give us a clue mate- you cant just say that - something special from you is usually mountainbiking nirvana for the rest of us.

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Just putting it out there that I am going to have something special to show off "soon". :D
Big JD got 24 pages of advice on his new toy.
I reckon you should start your own thread and try to outdo him.
Drop a few hints and make everybody guess what you are getting.
Cheers
MH

Hugor

Likes Dirt
I reckon you've given away too much there. Big bike, 29er starting with B. Only 1 bike springs to mind.
Looking forward to it.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
good luck getting 24 pages out of that one

BANSHEE

Bocky Mountain

Biant

Banondale

Burner

Bentana

Bintense