Post your 29er!

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt

Here's mine at the Youies a few months back
SRAM X1 drivetrain with Wolftooth NW ring ditched the dropper for a carbon post, Ardent race front/Ikon rear tyres, esi grips

Last edited:

diskoe75

Likes Bikes

Here's mine at the Youies a few months back
SRAM X1 drivetrain with Wolftooth NW ring ditched the dropper for a carbon post, Ardent race front/Ikon rear tyres, esi grips
Looks sweet CharlieDontSurf!
Surprised you're not rocking a dropper, but each to their own right. =)

I had the ikon on the back of mine too.......but slashed it while riding it into work one morning (as got bored of the roadie). Hole was too big to fix with Stans though.
Will be getting another, once the nobby nic packs it in.
Are you getting any chain drop with your "one up" setup?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Perfect 'one' MTB JD !
Glad to see that you found a buyer for the nomad, it'll be a fun ride for the new owner.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How lovely does that Highball look JD? Most impressed. And a dropper boosts every bike and is well worth any weight penalty.

Nice mods too, XT every day of the week for me.
Keen to know how you get on with the DH handlebars.

Last edited:

Kirky_94

Squid
I've been lusting over the 2015 Fuel Ex 9.8 for ages...now I'm lusting after the 2016 9.8! Currently riding a 2014 Trance 27.5 1, but it's not the right bike for me...I want something closer to the XC end of the trail bike spectrum, and this one seems to fit the bill. The 2x11 works for me at the moment - I'm a big guy, and struggle on some climbs, but at least with this setup switching to a 1x11 XT setup further down the track when I've built up more endurance should be fairly cheap and painless.

Keeping an eye out for any sales on the 2015 model too...picking one of those up on the cheap wouldn't be bad either!

Anyone have any ideas about when they'll start to show up in the shops?
I share your lust! I actually work for a trek dealer here in Melbourne.
2015 9.8 is available in 17.5" & 18.5".
Eta on my 2016 9.8 21.5" is 7/9/15 some of the sizes have an eta of November!
I've only heard awesome reviews of the fuel 9 - I'm sure the 9.8 will be even better!

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Yeah I know JD

Thanks Creaky, you know I don't actively try to sell my bikes, it sorta just happens...

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Changes

Sram gears to Shimano XT
Avid XO brakes to XT
Reverb dropper
Renthal Bar
Specailized purgatory and ground control tyres
XTR pedals
155mm Romin Evo saddle

further mods next week

2016 Fox 34s @110mm
Enve DH bar
big cog setup
Looks great JD. Look forward to hearing how the 2016 fox's are. Which range expander cog did you go for?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Looks great JD. Look forward to hearing how the 2016 fox's are. Which range expander cog did you go for?
Ordered my Fox 34s today. Think I will leave it for now and get a Praxis Cassette- 11 to 40 tooth when the cassette wears. While my long mech will work with an expander - its not ideal.

I could just man up too.
Pick up my Enve DH bars
Im set