Post your 29er!

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Rides nicely. Some of the head angle is an optical illusion caused by having fork legs that angle forwards instead of being in the same plane as the steerer...

In fact, I measured it with an inclinometer on the head tube and it's bang on 70 degrees. The fork has all its rake in the blades instead of being offset. It actually has exactly the same offset as my fox Vanilla fork (45mm). Axle to crown the Niner fork is 470mm where the Fox is 485mm unsaved.

Last edited:

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate, that is just sensational. Love the attention to detail, the blue highlights, and the colour matched fork.

Bravo, good Sir!

Hud

Likes Dirt
Few more pics and spec list.

Salsa Selma, large

Carbon Niner fork (Godzilla Green)

Wheels: King hubs, Velocity Blunt rims, SPOKES :supercomp front, comp rear. Racing Ralph 2.4 front and 2.25 rear, both setup up tubeless with stans Flow yellow tape. Salsa skewers.

Truvative Stylo cranks 180mm standard bb, surly cog (32:18) Izumi chain.

Formula RX brakes 160mm with Hope rotors.

Eriksen ti seatpost 400x27.2, salsa liplock clamp. WTB Pure V saddle (OEM Salsa item I pulled off my Casseroll) with Salsa embroidery.

Salsa low rise carbon bars 680mm width and a 110mm salsa stem with ti bolts (standard) Oury grips.
Cane Creek 110 headset.

Cheers all.

Attachments

sossy

Saucier
Can I have a go?

Allow me to introduce the new baby... Meet Jet, she is a sassy thing that loves all the good things in life. Please excuse the number of pics, I am a proud Dad.

The complete view:
complete.jpg

Who birthed her
ndt.jpg

The instructions
pdi.jpg

Sexy rear end
re.jpg

The details
j9.jpg

The bits that make it go.
bb.jpg

Complete spec is:
Frame: Niner Jet 9 XL with RP23
Wheels: 240s hubs, Aerolite spokes, Stans Arch rims, red alloy prolock nipples
Fork: Reba RLT Ti Tapered fork
Drivetrain: SRAM XO 2x10 (26 - 39) (12 - 36) XX Cassette (I don't know why either)
Brakes: Hayes Stroker Carbon - Awaiting new Hayes Prime brake.
Bar / Stem: Ritchey WCS Alloy 100mm stem, WCS allow 1o deg sweep flat bar
Seat post: Thomson Elite 410
Grips: ESI Chunky black
Saddle: SDG Bel Air RL
Pedals: Crank Brothers Egg Beater SL
Tyres: Specialized Fast Trak 2Bliss LK (set up tubeless)

She weighs in at 12.38kg including pedals, I'm pretty happy with that, considering I had a C'dale Rush that was 12.6kg with a lefty...

This beast was lovingly assembled by Ben at Trailmix, it just works right from the start, so a massive thanks to him for the time put into it, if you need a mechanic, I recommend him highly!

Hud

Likes Dirt
Dude, its a ss so there is nothing to go wrong - ride it what ever the weather!!!
Hehe yeah I know, but it would be tragic to get it filthy 1st ride... ;) plus I've been fighting a cold...

Nice rig sossy, can't wait to test ride a Jet. I believe the Cog Bike Cafe is having a Niner Demo Day soon.

Last edited:

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Let us know how it goes, the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned with 2 by on a 29er
would the wheel size make a difference? Just use smaller chainrings to account for the wheel size. I run 26/26 11/34 and use both ends, but only just. Perfect gearing, nothing wasted.

- Joel