Post your 29er!

DaSchmooze

Likes Bikes
IMAG0179.jpg

It's taken a while but finally added all the upgrades I wanted and now I can say it's finished.

Red is faster - true story :nod:

0psi

Eats Squid
DSC_0471.jpg

My first wagon wheel. A few things to change, I've got a PRC seatpost in Merida green coming, XX brakes and shifters (put X0 on for the moment just so I can ride it) and some uber-light race wheels so I look fast when I'm hanging around in the pits. Hopefully get her out tomorrow.

0psi

Eats Squid
I hope you don't ride in that gear..........
If you feel like picking on something try the lack of cables. . . :laugh: Aside from the fact it isn't an issue on a 2x10 drivetrain.

JD, they're just off the shelf Stans wheels so they've got the Stans 3.30 hubs which are a re-branded Am Classic or Novatec or something.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am super jealous of that black XX WC fork. Looks great! Now type "KCNC Green" into ebay and go to town...

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I see you're in Newcastle, seen any naked girls at the servo recently?
I must be very naive, because i have no idea what this means.

KCNC bolts for bottle cage are Al, light as! Then there is the rear skewer (i have a steel rear, Z6), headset spacers, headset top cap, valve caps, chainring bolts, seat clamp, cassette lockring, a crank plug if you run shimano, derailleur pulleys, bar plugs. I may have went overboard...

0psi

Eats Squid
I must be very naive, because i have no idea what this means.
With the combination of KCNC and Newcastle I thought you were someone else but as you have no idea what I'm talking about then I'm guessing you aren't. I try to find sneaky was of determining who someone is rather than just asking 'are you . . .' as I realise some people prefer a certain level of anonymity.

As for the bolts, but they're fricken carbon bolts!

~XTC~

Likes Bikes
Highball SS

IMG_0207-1.jpg

I never thought a 29er would be so awesome. This thing is so quick and nimble, I am quicker on this than on my Blur XC Carbon... with gears!!

0psi

Eats Squid
7/11 gets all the nuddies apparently
We roll in the same circles it seems!

^^^ Nice bike btw. Only finished my 29er hardtail recently and it's a blast. So quick and I don't know why people keep saying they're sluggish and not playful, I've been happily jumping, sliding and pumping on mine. Love it.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
View attachment 245685

I never thought a 29er would be so awesome. This thing is so quick and nimble, I am quicker on this than on my Blur XC Carbon... with gears!!
Care to share your thoughts on ride characteristics? Longest ride so far and how you pulled up?

I want one but have heard they ride really stiff. I need it to do 60-90km XC...

markyh990

Likes Dirt
I have one and have done a couple of 6 hours enduros since new, and a few shorter ones. I've been feeling the same after the ride compared to my 26 anthem on smoother courses, obviously the rougher ones you can't compare a hardtail and dually. I don't really buy into the whole compliance thing, I think its a bit of a wank when it comes to mountain biking. This bike is plenty stiff however, the stiffest bike I've ridden, feels stiffer than my roady, not that you can compare the two. I love it. Its comfortable enough for me, carbon wheels do soften it up a little however. 20120810_162645.jpg

~XTC~

Likes Bikes
Care to share your thoughts on ride characteristics? Longest ride so far and how you pulled up?

I want one but have heard they ride really stiff. I need it to do 60-90km XC...
I think it is really comfortable, but I have only done around 2 1/2 hours in any one ride. I am considering doing a 4 hour on it and truly believe comfort wont be a factor. I run the tires tubeless at around 25 PSI and love it!!

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Thanks gents - great help and great looking rigs too :hail:

Also, care to share weights and frame size?