Post your 29er!

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My steed got a tidy up pre Cape to Cape and I got all snap happy! New Quarq powermeter for XX1 tipped it just over 9kg. New Rubena rubber is tre-fast.
1383295_10151603796666191_432691162_n.jpg
1383600_10151603807056191_962553057_n.jpg

Hugor

Likes Dirt
I have power meters on my road and cyclocross bikes (garmin vector).
I've often wondered of the value of one on the MTB.
If your fire road bashing the numbers might make some sense, but for trail riding with such rapid changes in cadence, coasting, rapid half pumps etc I'm not sure how I'd interpret the data.

I know stages and garmin are making MTB versions so there must be something in it.

The post ride number "analysis paralysis" is as much fun as he ride IMO.

Browndog77

Likes Dirt
I have power meters on my road and cyclocross bikes (garmin vector).
I've often wondered of the value of one on the MTB.
If your fire road bashing the numbers might make some sense, but for trail riding with such rapid changes in cadence, coasting, rapid half pumps etc I'm not sure how I'd interpret the data.

I know stages and garmin are making MTB versions so there must be something in it.

The post ride number "analysis paralysis" is as much fun as he ride IMO.
That's cool, I just prefer to ride and leave it at that.

Agreed on the choice of bike to put a PM on.
With road riding being "more constant" the numbers would be of value.

Although, knowing accurately how much energy you used might be worthwhile. Also, reviewing the file, in hindsight, would tell you what sort of training you should aim for to continually improve.

Each to their own.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
*Grabs popcorn and heads for the beanbag...*
what are they talking about Bodin - whats a Quark metre? Sounds like something from Startrek (if you like that sort of thing). Mr Appoloo has a nice bike and is into racing - from a cape to another one. Should i have a Quark too mate. Pass the popcorn will ya

Big JD

Wheel size expert
That's cool, I just prefer to ride and leave it at that.

Agreed on the choice of bike to put a PM on.
With road riding being "more constant" the numbers would be of value.

Although, knowing accurately how much energy you used might be worthwhile. Also, reviewing the file, in hindsight, would tell you what sort of training you should aim for to continually improve.

Each to their own.
Brownbog - you are so 2004 sometimes

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have power meters on road and cross bike too. Quarq on the MTB completes the stable

Benefits
- ability to do specific efforts in training on the mtb, not just road/cross where the position and motor patterns are slightly different
- knowing energy expenditure during a ride/race
- pacing yourself on extended open sections/climbs in a race
- tracking training load for all rides accurately (was previously estimating intensity factor and resultant training stress score for time on the mtb) to optimise race prep and avoid over training (ie. not get sick!)

To go into any more detail we'd better start a new thread! More pictures of ace steeds please.

whale

Likes Bikes
Mate , that Hettly is rather nice . Just googled , Torquay based Chinese made Ti for a bloody good price .

Awaiting your ride report , hope it's a beauty

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished building up new frame. Will get out on Sunday for maiden ride.
Big thanks goes out to Brett from Hettly Bikes. Great service.
Looks sweet, just needs a suspension fork, some gears, some real wheels and while we are at it maybe a Quark! :argue:

In all seriousness looks cool as; I know where I will be heading when I'm after a titanium hardtail tractor bike :first:

wattieez

Likes Dirt
Have power meters on road and cross bike too. Quarq on the MTB completes the stable

Benefits
- ability to do specific efforts in training on the mtb, not just road/cross where the position and motor patterns are slightly different
- knowing energy expenditure during a ride/race
- pacing yourself on extended open sections/climbs in a race
- tracking training load for all rides accurately (was previously estimating intensity factor and resultant training stress score for time on the mtb) to optimise race prep and avoid over training (ie. not get sick!)

To go into any more detail we'd better start a new thread! More pictures of ace steeds please.
When using the MTB power meter, do imputs such as drops/jumps/trail chatter have any effect?

KHS Solo One SE A great Single Speed I wish I kept

MY ss (Large).jpg

This is the best looking bike I Ever owned. It was steel it was comfortable and looked great. I regret selling it every day. was running Xfusion fork ardent 2.4 tyres 32 : 20 gearing what a beast, you could just ride it all day. And it a had a great dropout system, no chain tugs required. SIGH

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Oh sellers regret, I know you well

Buck up little camper- there are other bikes out there for you

That photo at Wombat Forrest?

Last edited:

Xmas

Squid
First post - wanted to share the new bike

Look time lurker ...first time poster.

New 2013 S-Works Epic frameset with the remainder coming from parts taken off another bike.

stoked :)

Attachments