Post your 29er!

mtb1611

Seymour
^^^^ I must admit that when I saw the first pic I thought "Here we go, another single-speed hipster steed" but have since eaten my words. This beast looks practical, simple to maintain (always been curious as to the performance and durability of internally-geared hubs in wet/muddy conditions) and very cool. The frame on first glance looks like a typical "robust" AM HT but when you take a thorough look whilst it looks very strong it also has nice flowing lines and the tubing is well sorted. Nice work! How does it ride?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
^^^^ I must admit that when I saw the first pic I thought "Here we go, another single-speed hipster steed" but have since eaten my words. This beast looks practical, simple to maintain (always been curious as to the performance and durability of internally-geared hubs in wet/muddy conditions) and very cool. The frame on first glance looks like a typical "robust" AM HT but when you take a thorough look whilst it looks very strong it also has nice flowing lines and the tubing is well sorted. Nice work! How does it ride?
Ha Ha.
Not ridden it yet :-(
Hopefully tomorrow.
Weighs in at 13kg.
The 8 speed Alfines are fine if you don't jet wash them. With the modification Zerode does to them of drilling and tapping a hole in them and putting an oil plug in them like the 11 speed has, they're easy to keep lubbed with oil(as opposed to the stock grease). the 11s aren't as robust.
The axle is the weak link I think still, will see how it holds up. For general use I'm guessing it'll be fine. Just don't huck to flat much.Hardtail probably doesn't help. I won't nurse it an will see how it goes. They're only the cost of a fancy mech and cassette anyway, and should last a few years easy.
Hoping it'll ride nice with the bent stays and steel frame. My mate loves his(and everyone that rides it.This ones for my Dad. I'll only ride it to check gearing range is good and it's all set up right, then 2" slicks are going on it for him.
I'm going to build one for myself though, just deciding on 27 or 29er wheels for mine. Rear end is sub 17" so it's not compromised to take the big hoops.

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Lol, my first mountain bike was a Mongoose aswell.

The LES is one fast bike and climbs so easily. But I think that can be said about most 29er carbon hardtails.
But what amazes me is how well it decends.
Even with a long stem and super low front end the bike handles and corners so damned good.

I sell and buy bikes often but I think I will be hanging on to this one for a long time.

Attachments

Big JD

Wheel size expert
the Les looks great mate- well done. They are amazing in the fresh- the level of detail and lines. Steep price of entry though- but inline with Yeti, SC and Intense. I understand they are made in the same factory (Italy?) as BH and have a very similar design. I love the adaptability of the frame to run SS- its a keeper mate and fairly timeless

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Pivot upgrades

New tyres- Captain and Fast trak
XTR pedals
80mm thomson stem
SMP saddle- was perfect
MRP chainring- gone 1 x 10- love the silent drivetrain and simplicity- did miss any gears.

After todays ride I think I will go back to a longer stem- it is an XC rig and really cant handle launching Cressys. It is long and low- not short and flickable. With my Bigtop just as capable as the Pivot I think I will go SS on the BT to mix it up a bit.

Got some secondhand black Kings on FLows for the Big top too.

Attachments

ClintC

Likes Dirt
First bike i've ever built myself. I haven't had a chance to get it dirty yet as i'm recovering from a couple of fractured ribs but riding it on the road it feels very fast.

The frame is from XMIplay. Model IP-256.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Looks goo Clint, let us know how the geometry feels and your impressions on the quality of the frame

Bodin

GMBC
Looks goo Clint, let us know how the geometry feels and your impressions on the quality of the frame
Looks very goo indeed. :laugh:

Clint - interested in the total weight and a ballpark figure on the cost of the build, as I'm looking to do something like that myself later this year.

DirtyDingo

Banned

Clint - interested in the total weight and a ballpark figure on the cost of the build, as I'm looking to do something like that myself later this year.

Same in here, I'm planning to build a 29er as well.
Looks very nice Clint, I like the matte black

ClintC

Likes Dirt
I'll let you know. I also have a Giant anthem 29er that's 11.85kg. From the small amount of riding i've done on the hardtail the main difference is instant acceleration and very fast/direct handling.

Same in here, I'm planning to build a 29er as well.
Looks very nice Clint, I like the matte black
Hey Bodin. As it sits ready to ride 9.5kg including pedals and cages. I'm 6'2" 90kg so I decided on strong components over going full weight weenie. The build cost me $3800-$3900 all up including a few tools.