Post your all mountain bike

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
How could you possibly have even been skeptical?

They are the kind of thing I took one look at and thought "NEED!!".

As you said, the weight increase is easily balanced by the ability to pop it up for climbing without having to skip even one pedal stroke.

cressa

Likes Dirt
I was a skeptic, but I'm currently doing the rounds of Rotorua and have to admit I'm now a total convert.

I ride a Trek Fuel and the ability to switch from a DH feel to an XC feel and back to a DH feel just by moving my thumb is opening my riding up more than anything else I could have bolted to my bike. Definitely making my bike feel like a proper "all-mountain" bike.

Well worth the cost and weight penalty IMO. I'm almost using it more than my gears at times on the trails.

FYI I'm using a Stealth Reverb, but just had a quick play with a new KS internally-routed post and it felt nicer than mine, but not so different that I'd bother changing. Starting from scratch, though, I'd go the KS.

Yep, there's no going back once you dropper. Hands down the best upgrade to a capable trail bike you can make. I will never trail ride my local all mountain tracks across country with the spirit of enduro without a dropper post, ever again.

Michae1

Likes Dirt
I was a skeptic, but I'm currently doing the rounds of Rotorua and have to admit I'm now a total convert.

I ride a Trek Fuel and the ability to switch from a DH feel to an XC feel and back to a DH feel just by moving my thumb is opening my riding up more than anything else I could have bolted to my bike. Definitely making my bike feel like a proper "all-mountain" bike.

Well worth the cost and weight penalty IMO. I'm almost using it more than my gears at times on the trails.

FYI I'm using a Stealth Reverb, but just had a quick play with a new KS internally-routed post and it felt nicer than mine, but not so different that I'd bother changing. Starting from scratch, though, I'd go the KS.
How is Rotorua at the moment? I'm heading over in 12 days, can't wait!

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Maybe I will treat myself for Christmas then

Bodin

GMBC
How is Rotorua at the moment? I'm heading over in 12 days, can't wait!
If this video works, it should answer your question pretty well:

[video=youtube_share;KLEQFazoae4]http://youtu.be/KLEQFazoae4[/video]

(Taken on Split Enz - an absolute must ride.)

Last edited:

Michae1

Likes Dirt
Far out, it's going to be a long 12 days if I keep watching videos like that....that's probably the best video I've seen of Split Enz so far, so many Youtube clips of the Roto trails are absolute rubbish.

Michae1

Likes Dirt
Looking good! We have a crew of 6 heading there on from the 11th. Going to be great.
haha really? There is 7 of us all from around Brissy, we fly out on the 11th also, what time you flying out?

I know of another group heading over in a week, plus another fellow who is over there a few days before we leave.

Bodin

GMBC
Far out, it's going to be a long 12 days if I keep watching videos like that....that's probably the best video I've seen of Split Enz so far, so many Youtube clips of the Roto trails are absolute rubbish.
Thanks mate - we put a fair bit of effort in to getting the camera angle 100% perfect before even bothering making anything public. Nothing I hate more than really crap "you just had to be there" videos...

By the way, this sort of trail is where the dropper comes in to its own - down about 30-50% of full travel, just enough to stop you getting bucked over the bars at high speed (because everything here is high speed), but not so low that you can't still pedal reasonably well.

Show us more Bodin :popcorn:
Would love to mate, but might need to stop hijacking this thread. Still riding and editing, so will post up a bit of a highlights package by the end of the week in another thread. Be Rude Not 2, Gunna Gotta, Hot X Buns, all the good runs... not stopping 'till I've ticked them all.

Last edited:

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha really? There is 7 of us all from around Brissy, we fly out on the 11th also, what time you flying out?

I know of another group heading over in a week, plus another fellow who is over there a few days before we leave.
We fly to Auckland on the 9th, then to Rotorua on the 11th. Staying at the YHA, there for around 6-7 days then floating around Taupo and surrounds then back to Auckland on the 22nd to fly out on the 23rd.

Macca333

Likes Dirt
View attachment 275621
Was hoping to have it finished for some Sunday shuttles out at Mt Joyce with BMS but after calling the distro yesterday found out my shock wasn't in their latest shipment as it was meant to be. Still hopefull i can find a loaner for the weekend.

Nomad C with a yet to arrive CCDB CS, Pike 160, running mostly XT with a Saint rear mech 1x10, Crossmax SX tubeless, Answer Bar, Thomson stem, KS Supernatural, and Time pedals.

Can't wait to get it dirty.
......dope!

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Here's my Genius as it sits now, so much love for this bike :tongue1:
EDIT: excuse the massive potato-ness of my image
1450166_3693411871042_1327228368_n.jpg

Last edited:

early1

Likes Bikes
My Commencal Meta 55

Frame: 2010 VIP
Fork: manitou minute 160 mm
Shock : fox RP23
Brakes: formula oro
Hope hubs
Race face 785 bars
SRAM x9 drivetrain
Black spire chain rings

Haven't had it long, but am loving myself sick on it.