Post your all mountain bike

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Mate That stumpy evo looks the business. I'd be interested to see an on the scale reading. I have no idea how your down at 12.6kg, but whatever you have done it's working! what size frame do you have?
Running flow rims and butchers with a fox 36 seems to light to be true. If it's right then that's one sweet setup and would be an all mountain dominating machine, love it!
Medium frame. True, the Flow rims and 36s are heavy, but this is offset with carbon cranks, carbon bars and XX1, which is incredibly light (especially the cassette). I have proper bike scales, so the reading is pretty accurate, although +/- 50-100g depending on how much Stans latex liquid I have in the tires at the time.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
p4pb10307841.jpg

Trance.. New Zee mech, stole the seat and post off my BMX. Mind the seat angle, going to hunt down a shim for the thomson post so I can run it.. looks 10x better than the giant facco stuff

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Medium frame. True, the Flow rims and 36s are heavy, but this is offset with carbon cranks, carbon bars and XX1, which is incredibly light (especially the cassette). I have proper bike scales, so the reading is pretty accurate, although +/- 50-100g depending on how much Stans latex liquid I have in the tires at the time.
Just dropped by the LBS and had them check mine, not sure where I got 12.4 from, she weighed in at 11.9 which means your 12.6 is not so out of the question. Sorry for the balls up. Those xx1 cassettes are amazingly light for the size. 1x11 Will be my next slow purchase I think, but probably go x01

How do you find the butchers? I've picked one up before the sell out in 26" but am yet to fit it.

fat_panda

Squid
long time lurker first time poster

Hi guys,

This is my rig i picked up a few weeks ago and thought id post a few pics. Pretty much standard with jet black pedals atm but since added a dropper post and carbon 750mm bars on the way. So far the bike has been nothing but awesome, descends and climbs well - potential far exceeds my skill level lol

cheers

Cannondale Jekyll 3

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Hi guys,

This is my rig i picked up a few weeks ago and thought id post a few pics. Pretty much standard with jet black pedals atm but since added a dropper post and carbon 750mm bars on the way. So far the bike has been nothing but awesome, descends and climbs well - potential far exceeds my skill level lol

cheers

Cannondale Jekyll 3

That's one sweet looking machine. How does the adjustable rear travel go for you? How did it go in the wet ;P

fat_panda

Squid
That's one sweet looking machine. How does the adjustable rear travel go for you? How did it go in the wet ;P
Thanks Foxpuppet. At first i was abit sceptical on the dual mode ( short and long travel ) but after taking it out a few times, man i dont know what id do without it lol. Flick of a switch completely changes the bikes behaviour whilst climbing and then flick the switch back and rides like your on pillows again. I've even commuted from home to the city on it and im hooked, it just rides well in any environment.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Got to love the jekyll s... Great bikes. . Got a modified jekyll 2 (the cranks and frame are what is left standard).

The harder and more aggressive you ride them, the better they get. It is a gravity enduro race frame after all.

driftmonkey

Likes Bikes

This is my current Giant Trance SX. It replaced a 2008 norco fluid. It's an absolute monster on the decents and climbs better than the old bike. Really happy with the way it rides and looking fwd to many kms from it

Changes from stock

SLX cranks
Woolf tooth 30 tooth chain ring
XT Ispec shifter
Renthal fatbar light
ESI foam grips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m.westy

Cannon Fodder
my new whip.
love it so far, the twin lock is an absolute winner on ascents, yet to really test its decending ability.

scott genius2.jpg

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The Shadow-plus derailleur has been pretty sloppy though. The gear changes aren't always prompt and it's been skipping around the mid range gears quite a bit. I'm hoping my initial service will sort that out.
A heads up on this, if anyone cares.

Had the service and it now shifts like a dream, couldn't be smoother.

Now all I want is an NW 34t ring so I can lose the superfluous rings and shifter/derailleur. After that, and possibly tubeless on the front I'll be stoked.

possum

Squid
New Pikes. 160mm Solo Air. XT brakes and Raceface NW ring too. All ready for NZ in two weeks!

View attachment 277731
How do you find the shock coping now that you have slackened it out and created a more rearward weight bias? I put a 150mm revelation on my five (which is 20mm higher than the 140 float i was using) and i found even that caused the rear shock to bottom harshly a lot more frequently when running the correct sag. My five is the same model year as yours so I have the same shock/geometry.

scblack

Leucocholic
After that, and possibly tubeless on the front I'll be stoked.
I think I said it before in here - go Tubeless!

I have had tubeless on my Intense since August and it makes a HUGE difference. Lighter, better feel than tubed, and I think just rides way better.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SO many awesome bikes in this thread.
That GT looks like an awesome rig. Was that a custom build, or just factory and upgraded?