Post your all mountain bike

mrbernie

Likes Bikes
It's the use that defines a mountain bike, not the marketing.
Ride whatever you have where ever you can and enjoy it I say. Doesn't matter to me if it's a discount store bike or a $10K one, all mountain is exactly what it says I reckon.
Or buy serveral different bikes and be a dick about it. ;)
What he ^ said :)

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Dear god, so many awesome bikes in this thread. Have just looked through 8 months worth of posts - couldn't stop clicking :)

I see no Devinci's posted recently however (if at all?), so let me add mine into the mix.
Only a couple of rides old but you can't wipe the smile off my face. Couldn't be happier.

Still debating a dropper post... but happy without!

Devinci Spartan
Pikes + Monarch Plus
Flow EX + Industry Nine hubs
Raceface Sixc cranks + DMR vault pedals
XX1/X01 drivetrain + Wolftooth chainring
Sram Guide RS brakes
Answer Carbon 720 AM bars + Thomson Stem
Thomson Seatpost + ye'olde saddle
I'm really enjoying this bike.

2 changes.
Black cassette
Dropper.

Done

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
+1 - A black stanchion LEV would suit that perfectly!
Once you get one, you will no longer be able to imagine riding without one (unless you're just plain weird).

As for me, I know my bike isn't exactly considered an 'AM' bike - that's pretty much half of what it gets used for regardless... so I might add it into the mix, even though it's just a boring old Giant.

If it gets the job done then who cares what 'category' it falls into. Nice bike.

Am looking at a KS Lev for mine but finding it hard to swallow the $530RRP asking price. silly money.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
If it gets the job done then who cares what 'category' it falls into. Nice bike.

Am looking at a KS Lev for mine but finding it hard to swallow the $530RRP asking price. silly money.
I got my 150mm from MTB Direct for $380!
They already had a fairly discounted price of $430, then I added their X-Mas discount code on top it it and brought it down to $380 posted!

If you can wait it out, see if they do a code this coming X-Mas. :)

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Yeah, I've had one sitting in my Wiggle basket for the last few days. I just prefer the KS design with the fixed cable rather than the cable to the head of the post like the reverb. At that price though (half the Lev) I should just pull the trigger!
Only issue is you'll always wish you had the LEV's static cable!

Beej1

Have KS sorted out the initial LEV issues? I know 2 people with them - 1 sent it back about a bazillion times before switching to Thomson (and having a similar amount of woes), and another friend - the mechanism has never been as easy & smooth as my non-LEV KS posts. Several threads on MTBR indicate the problems were pretty widespread.

Personally I would still go for an old school, cable at the top of the post solution if I had to replace one of my 2 x KS's. Along with this seatpost clamp, it's a perfectly acceptable solution.

I'd switch to a stealth post in about 2 or 3 years when they've really ironed things out and they're as reliable as a straight aluminium post.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I've had no dramas with my LEV in the 8 or 9 months since I've had it.
It gets used every single day, too.

Just gotta grease/lubricate under the collar occasionally to keep things nice and smooth. :)

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
Here's mine - it's a Santa Cruz Blur LTc running RS Pikes, XT drivetrain/brakes, Stans Flow wheels, Reverb post.

I love it - they're a really underrated bike I reckon.

uploadfromtaptalk1408446456080.jpg

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
see my bike a few posts back!

$99 bucks posted from chingwah!
Tmars, basically a knockoff Gravity dropper.
pulled it all down and re-greased it, drilled 2 more holes to make it 5 position.
yeah, it has a little play- but for 1 Dougie Mawson who cares!.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
12 months on the LEV here, been perfect.

Quite a few riding fellows have had problems with various brands but only heard good reports out on the trail regarding the LEV.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
see my bike a few posts back!

$99 bucks posted from chingwah!
Tmars, basically a knockoff Gravity dropper.
pulled it all down and re-greased it, drilled 2 more holes to make it 5 position.
yeah, it has a little play- but for 1 Dougie Mawson who cares!.
Where did you get this dropper from? Keen to have a look at one. Had any issues with it?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
no issues yet, it does have a little play as stated, but I can live with that
it doesn't get cable creep, as the mech is fixed at the bottom of the post (see pic)
I have read a few reviews and everyone has said pretty much the same thing, it does what is supposed to do for shitloads less dollars than a KS or reverb etc.
can be got from good ol ebay!..arrived inside 2 weeks from honkers.
I will be moving up to newie sep/oct if you want to check out and can wait that long, but for $100 just get one and have a tinker..

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Dear god, so many awesome bikes in this thread. Have just looked through 8 months worth of posts - couldn't stop clicking :)

I see no Devinci's posted recently however (if at all?), so let me add mine into the mix.
Only a couple of rides old but you can't wipe the smile off my face. Couldn't be happier.

Still debating a dropper post... but happy without!

Devinci Spartan
Pikes + Monarch Plus
Flow EX + Industry Nine hubs
Raceface Sixc cranks + DMR vault pedals
XX1/X01 drivetrain + Wolftooth chainring
Sram Guide RS brakes
Answer Carbon 720 AM bars + Thomson Stem
Thomson Seatpost + ye'olde saddle

Sexy, Mind if i ask how much the build cost?