Post your all mountain bike

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey slimjim1, Duane,

I have the same Enduro and would like to know if you have any tips on how to remove those sram cranks? Ready to go 1x10 but can't undo the driveside nut!
I've had mine out a few times, I do recall the first time it was ridiculously tight, I torque it up to the correct setting and it's never been as tight as the first time. I think I used a hex on a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor and a long 1/2" breaker bar while resting the chainring side crankarm on a block of wood.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slimjim1, I find the Purgatory rolls pretty good (although mine is worn down quite a bit). The HR2 I tried last night in comparison was very slow, tons of grip but a lot more resistance.
The specialized tires are quite flexy in the sidewall and I found I was running higher pressures. 30/35, probably helped the rolling resistance too.
The Maxxis DHF and HR2 are very grippy but I'm finding them quite stiff, could be a symptom of the wide rims, but I kept dropping the pressure to try and regain some of the compliance the Specialized tires had. Not sure how far I can go. Approx 22psi F and 25psiR currently.

Last edited:

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Slimjim1, I find the Purgatory rolls pretty good (although mine is worn down quite a bit). The HR2 I tried last night in comparison was very slow, tons of grip but a lot more resistance.
The specialized tires are quite flexy in the sidewall and I found I was running higher pressures. 30/35, probably helped the rolling resistance too.
The Maxxis DHF and HR2 are very grippy but I'm finding them quite stiff, could be a symptom of the wide rims, but I kept dropping the pressure to try and regain some of the compliance the Specialized tires had. Not sure how far I can go. Approx 22psi F and 25psiR currently.
Yea I've been running control casings for a while on this and other bikes (eskars/purgs etc) and they are fairly squirmy and the rear does fold in hard cornering. The slightly flexy wheels and soft casings had me rubbing the guide roller on the back a fair bit. Apparently the ground control tyre with the stronger grid casing comes in roughly the same weight as a purg in control, so I might give that a go once the purg is toasted.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, I got rid of the roller when I went 1x10. It was polished from tire contact. I'll give the HR2 a bit more of a try on the back but I'm thinking it's going to become my gravity tire, probably need something better rolling for trailriding. Rock Razor doesn't come in 29 which would have been my first choice.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Check out the specialized slaughter tyre that's coming stock on the rear of 2015 enduro's, looks pretty fast and still has the butcher cornering knobs

Ben_M

Likes Bikes
I wanted a nice new and shiny 140-150mm bike, but due to a lack of funds and not being able to sell my 120mm trail bike I couldn't. So I looked across the other side of the shed and spotted my old AC with I got new 12 years ago. Maybe just maybe, if I could get it running again for a few hundred $$ it might be worth it. A bit of TLC from the LBS, a new rear shock and he's off and running. Not as nice as the Focus SAM that I had for a couple of weeks earlier in the year but it does the job of giving me a good time. I've nick named it Bob as thats what it likes to do ;). Hopefully it doesn't break (again) anytime soon and i'll get another 18 months or so of good times.

14810647777_9e87f9dbb5_b.jpg

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt

+

=

I loved the zesty, but it was too much bike, rode like a downhill bike too much for what I ride, so the X-Flow seemed perfect, it has very similar geo, shorter all around and a little steeper HA, it feels incredible, very playful and the pendbox makes it pedal much better than the zesty, still descends incredibly, probably just as well as the zesty.

Speclist as you can see, I transferred stuff across from the Zesty, all except the Shock, Drivetrain and Frame. Shock will be an inline when they come out.

Forks were lowered from 150mm to 130mm.

Rides like a complete dream.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I wanted a nice new and shiny 140-150mm bike, but due to a lack of funds and not being able to sell my 120mm trail bike I couldn't. So I looked across the other side of the shed and spotted my old AC with I got new 12 years ago. Maybe just maybe, if I could get it running again for a few hundred $$ it might be worth it. A bit of TLC from the LBS, a new rear shock and he's off and running. Not as nice as the Focus SAM that I had for a couple of weeks earlier in the year but it does the job of giving me a good time. I've nick named it Bob as thats what it likes to do ;). Hopefully it doesn't break (again) anytime soon and i'll get another 18 months or so of good times.

View attachment 296823
I didn't mind the AC, had one for nine years.

Only had three complaints, the seat angle is a little slack, the Psylos are flexy along with the rear end and the standard shock never treated me well.

The good, fun to ride and have aged pretty well, would be curious as to how it rides with a newer more capable shock?

mrbernie

Likes Bikes
Rendog said:

I loved the zesty, but it was too much bike, rode like a downhill bike too much for what I ride, so the X-Flow seemed perfect, it has very similar geo, shorter all around and a little steeper HA, it feels incredible, very playful and the pendbox makes it pedal much better than the zesty, still descends incredibly, probably just as well as the zesty.

Speclist as you can see, I transferred stuff across from the Zesty, all except the Shock, Drivetrain and Frame. Shock will be an inline when they come out.

Forks were lowered from 150mm to 130mm.

Rides like a complete dream.
That is a sweet looking ride! Other half rides a Lapierre and she loves it. Out of the cheeky time (or four) that I've ridden it, it's always left me impressed too :)

Ben_M

Likes Bikes
The good, fun to ride and have aged pretty well, would be curious as to how it rides with a newer more capable shock?
I actually raced it at Stromlo on the weekend. The rear felt pretty good, its been years since i've ridden it hard to it is hard to compare but I didn't really notive it which to me means it was working well. Fork is starting to struggle now........

DJR

Likes Dirt
So, how do you like the Sweeps?

What was your previos fork and how do they compare?
I've only ridden on it once I'm afraid and it was at the 160 setting. Felt much better than the fox 32 talas evo 140mm I had. Stiffer, damping feels better for a "set and forget" fork. I have to see now I have lowered then to 140mm and broken in the seals but so far so good.

The price is very good too, half the price of pikes locally with local warranty

Dutto

Likes Bikes
image.jpg
2011 GT Force Carbon Expert
160mm Rock Shox U-Turn Lyrik Forks with 2013 Mission Control damper.
DT Swiss EX 1750 wheels wrapped in Maxxis High Roller II 2.4 front and 2.3 rear gettho tubeless Maxxis flyweight
XT Hallow II crank with 30t Raceface Narrow Wide chain ring and Straitline defacto flats
XTR shifter and XTR 10 speed shadow plus to a SRAM 11-36 cassette and 42t E13 expander
2012 Fox DHX RC4 coil shock
2012 Zee brakes and 8" rotors
Cane Creek headset to Truvativ Hussefelt Steam to Pro 4X High Rise 710mm wide bars
SDG setback seatpost and IBeam fly seat Hope clamp
Rear end 10mm bolt up conversion with Moove hollow alloy axel.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ohau2000

Likes Bikes
Trigger 29er

I know its a 29er! but it really goes anywhere.
130mm travel, full XT, 180mm brakes,stans rims,hans dampf tyres, X-fusion dropper post (it seem's pretty good) I've got KS's on my other 26 inch bikes.

first time on a 29er, they climb so well, also this thing jumps really well, which surprised me alot.

trigger.JPG

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Loving the pics of the Specialized 29er Enduros, somthing like these would be my next bike. How are you guys finding the big wheels with the long travel, do they still climb well?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
View attachment 297205
2011 GT Force Carbon Expert
160mm Rock Shox U-Turn Lyrik Forks with 2013 Mission Control damper.
DT Swiss EX 1750 wheels wrapped in Maxxis High Roller II 2.4 front and 2.3 rear gettho tubeless Maxxis flyweight
XT Hallow II crank with 30t Raceface Narrow Wide chain ring and Straitline defacto flats
XTR shifter and XTR 10 speed shadow plus to a SRAM 11-36 cassette and 42t E13 expander
2012 Fox DHX RC4 coil shock
2012 Zee brakes and 8" rotors
Cane Creek headset to Truvativ Hussefelt Steam to Pro 4X High Rise 710mm wide bars
SDG setback seatpost and IBeam fly seat Hope clamp
Rear end 10mm bolt up conversion with Moove hollow alloy axel.
Nice bike. Nice solid build.

Already posted this before when it was new - however there have been a few upgrades between then and now...
Was going to post my bike but there is no point now,
Mine is basically this:
+ Zee cranks
+ Wolf tooth 32 narrow wide
- Dropper post

Think I got a shitty factory build on the rear wheel though because it pops out of true so easily..... and I'm not a huge fan of the fox evos
Overall damn nice bike for the price and fits my riding style very well (now that I'm older and don't do the big stuff) with room for some upgrades over tme