Post your all mountain bike

Bermshot

Banned
Comments on either Smacks or wkkies HT's? Understanding both are still in "process" would the shorter CS of wkkie's frame become a detriment upon AM? (both are slick though)

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers man ^_^

Just scored a pro2/alex wheelset, so the monstrous, bombproof fire eye wheel'll be saved for a 135mm-spaced dh build or dh hard tail or something.

Need a seat post still, but i think i've got an SDG Belair lying around here somewhere that should hold up until i can be bothered to buy a nice seat.

Also, this's my first AM bike, what're decent aggressive front tyres and fast rolling rear tyres?

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
maxxis high roller/minion F 2.35 front and a crossmark/larrsen 2.1 rear
Had the High Roller 2.5 on the front, Crossmark 2.25 on the rear, great combo.

Now running Spesh Purgatory Control 2.4 on the front, Captain Control 2.2 on the back. As much as I liked the previous Maxxis combo, I'm finding the Spesh combo better overall - lighter weight, faster rolling, more usable grip. Sidewalls probably not as durable as the Maxxis but still plenty tough enough in all the rocks around here.

needaride

Likes Dirt
Here's my new sled... first ride tomorrow.

2011 Banshee Spitfire (XL)
160mm Lyrics
Fox RP23
Juicy 5's 160mm R 180mm F
SLX crankset
SRAM X9 with E-13 LG-1
1x9 32t ring, 11-34 cassette
785mm Race Face Atlas FR bars (think I will trim them down to 760 but will give it a spin first)
Clickity clickity Hope Pro Evo II on MTX 29 (nukeproof) rear and 20mm Imperial hub on a Single Track Front.

View attachment 209200

Sweet bike, did the Spitfire replace the "Pyre"???

cressa

Likes Dirt
Sweet bike, did the Spitfire replace the "Pyre"???
Yep it sure did. I cracked the Pyre. After one good ride on Sunday I can quite confidently say I am in love with the Spitfire. It's low and slack which equals stable at speed and in the air, rear end feels good, 160mm fork is heaps stiffer and not that I am much of a climber, but it seemed to climb really well too.

Very happy with it.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Mini Mad

Thanks to a few guys on here and around home I have finally ended up with my new ride.
Definitely errs on the Trail side of things opposed to hardcore AM but i know it will do everything I ask of it and then some given some footage of these things from OS.

Thanks must go out to BMepic and MrCove for some advice as i was looking at this the Mojo HD and an Stumpy Evo. Got to test ride the blur and fell in lust.
Big thanks must go to Robbie and the crew at Drift bikes Newcastle for their help in making this a reality.
Even bigger thanks must go to my wonderful wife for letting me spend a heinous amount of money on a bike.

Sorry about the pics, they are the only ones i have at the moment

The lowdown.

2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon Medium
Fork - 2011 Rock Shox Revelation XX WC (Took a bit of a gamble here after hearing some wonderful things about this fork, Fall back will be to grab a 36 Float and drop it to 150)
Gruppo - SRAM XO 2 x 10
Brakes - SRAM XO
Shock - 2011 RP23 (Was hoping for a Kashima coated shock but you get that on the big jobs)
Wheels - Crank Bros Iodine 3
Tyres - Specialized Purgatory/ Eskar 2Bliss combo w/stans
Saddle - SDG Bel Air (Not the lightest, thinking about grabbing one of the specialized Phenoms if I don't like this)
Post - Rock Shox Reverb
Bars - Easton Haven Carbon
Grips - Oury Lock Ons (Grabbing a set of Ergon GA1's to see how they go in the near future)
Stem - Thomson 70mm
Headset - King
Pedals - Shimano XTR Trail

Can't wait to get this out on the trails and start to get it dialed all i have had time for is a few trips to work and back :(

JBR

Likes Dirt
Top Notch looking bike mate. Big $!!!!!! Curious as to why you went Nomad rather than Blur LT? Only reason I say this is the fork choice - the Nomad says all mountain, but the forks say Trail.

This bike is more designed around a lyrik or fox 36 fork I would of thought.

BTW not knocking the bike or the build, just curious.

Thanks to a few guys on here and around home I have finally ended up with my new ride.
Definitely errs on the Trail side of things opposed to hardcore AM but i know it will do everything I ask of it and then some given some footage of these things from OS.

Thanks must go out to BMepic and MrCove for some advice as i was looking at this the Mojo HD and an Stumpy Evo. Got to test ride the blur and fell in lust.
Big thanks must go to Robbie and the crew at Drift bikes Newcastle for their help in making this a reality.
Even bigger thanks must go to my wonderful wife for letting me spend a heinous amount of money on a bike.

Sorry about the pics, they are the only ones i have at the moment
The lowdown.

2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon Medium
Fork - 2011 Rock Shox Revelation XX WC (Took a bit of a gamble here after hearing some wonderful things about this fork, Fall back will be to grab a 36 Float and drop it to 150)
Gruppo - SRAM XO 2 x 10
Brakes - SRAM XO
Shock - 2011 RP23 (Was hoping for a Kashima coated shock but you get that on the big jobs)
Wheels - Crank Bros Iodine 3
Tyres - Specialized Purgatory/ Eskar 2Bliss combo w/stans
Saddle - SDG Bel Air (Not the lightest, thinking about grabbing one of the specialized Phenoms if I don't like this)
Post - Rock Shox Reverb
Bars - Easton Haven Carbon
Grips - Oury Lock Ons (Grabbing a set of Ergon GA1's to see how they go in the near future)
Stem - Thomson 70mm
Headset - King
Pedals - Shimano XTR Trail

Can't wait to get this out on the trails and start to get it dialed all i have had time for is a few trips to work and back :(

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Top Notch looking bike mate. Big $!!!!!! Curious as to why you went Nomad rather than Blur LT? Only reason I say this is the fork choice - the Nomad says all mountain, but the forks say Trail.

This bike is more designed around a lyrik or fox 36 fork I would of thought.

BTW not knocking the bike or the build, just curious.
I did go Blur LT - Take a closer look ;)

The forks are trail definitely, That said seeing Goldman go ballistic with them on Nomad gives me nothing but confidence in them.

faz

Likes Dirt
Curious as to why you went Nomad rather than Blur LT? Only reason I say this is the fork choice - the Nomad says all mountain, but the forks say Trail.
Going on the spec list provided it is a Blur LT and not a Nomad.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
don't fret too much about the capabilities of the Revo forks
they are a very capable fork and can take a lot of abuse

nice build, now go get it dirty!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
don't fret too much about the capabilities of the Revo forks
they are a very capable fork and can take a lot of abuse

nice build, now go get it dirty!
I'm with MrCove on this one, the revo's will be just as good as 36's, make no mistake, MrCove has 2011 36 floats with kashima etc, and i have 36 talas 2012 with kashima etc, and the revolutions stack up to being just as good, mark my words, i think the 36's only beat them when needing all 160mm of travel and pushing through rough rock gardens, i rode a corsair with revs and couldnt believe what i was feeling!
Love the bike anyhow, Santa Cruz do look the shiz!

Damienp

Likes Dirt
First trip up around G'Rock yesterday. Had a ball. Gotta get myself a new chain cleaner after mine decided to break yesterday as well as grabbing some of those lightweight 661 or POC knee guards.

Hope to get some more time up there and really start to dial in the suspension. All the reports on the stiffness of these frames are bang on the money. Every pedal stroke felt as if it was going into forward motion. Even with some exaggerated body English I couldn't feel any flex out the back. Stiff wheels and Stiff frame = WIN!