Post your all mountain bike

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been a few updates and changes since my original posting many moons ago.

Two more changes today.

Coil shock Vanilla RC. been hankering to try a coil on the Dixon for ages and the price for the shock brand new was too good to pass up. A quick shake down ride today and it's night and day better than the rp23. More compliant, more controlled just awesome!

The other change is a One up 40t ring. Was just missing that little bit of controlled torque for techy climbs. Easy to install, fiddly to tune, but pretty bloody good bit of kit.

Happy days.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Been a few updates and changes since my original posting many moons ago.

Two more changes today.

Coil shock Vanilla RC. been hankering to try a coil on the Dixon for ages and the price for the shock brand new was too good to pass up. A quick shake down ride today and it's night and day better than the rp23. More compliant, more controlled just awesome!

The other change is a One up 40t ring. Was just missing that little bit of controlled torque for techy climbs. Easy to install, fiddly to tune, but pretty bloody good bit of kit.

Happy days.
Hey mate nice devinci, looks like a no bs trail bike. Quick question on the coil shock; obviously it tears up downhill but what is it like at pedalling compared to your air shock??

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate nice devinci, looks like a no bs trail bike. Quick question on the coil shock; obviously it tears up downhill but what is it like at pedalling compared to your air shock??
Hey, thanks fella!!

I have to say on first impressions the coil is a better all round prospect.

To be more specific, overall there is much more traction, climbing and descending. The coil just seems to track much better. Seated pedalling is light years better, rocky, techy climbs are just better, again due to more traction. Some perspective, I love the Dixon, but i've never found it to be very good at that kind of climbing, my previous Trance had spades more grip and compliance, the coil seems to have made the Dixon closer to the Trance, but still short in ability. Stand up pedalling is better with the air shock, but I expected that. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, just not as snappy.

Bit more info for you, i'm about 94kgs all geared up and ready to go, and ive read that someone in my weight range is more suited to a coil, meh buggered if I know, but I like it!!

Does that all make sense?

Cheers, Grant.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Hey, thanks fella!!

I have to say on first impressions the coil is a better all round prospect.

To be more specific, overall there is much more traction, climbing and descending. The coil just seems to track much better. Seated pedalling is light years better, rocky, techy climbs are just better, again due to more traction. Some perspective, I love the Dixon, but i've never found it to be very good at that kind of climbing, my previous Trance had spades more grip and compliance, the coil seems to have made the Dixon closer to the Trance, but still short in ability. Stand up pedalling is better with the air shock, but I expected that. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, just not as snappy.

Bit more info for you, i'm about 94kgs all geared up and ready to go, and ive read that someone in my weight range is more suited to a coil, meh buggered if I know, but I like it!!

Does that all make sense?

Cheers, Grant.
Thanks for the review. I would like to experiment with one on my giant reign as I use it often for bigger stuff, and love technical riding. So, where did you end up getting it from and how much if you don't mind me asking? Thanks Grant.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the review. I would like to experiment with one on my giant reign as I use it often for bigger stuff, and love technical riding. So, where did you end up getting it from and how much if you don't mind me asking? Thanks Grant.
Just do it!

Got mine from the bike shed Mortdale. No special deal for me, just what was advertised, $284 delivered.

Get on board.

F-Bomb

Likes Bikes
This bike looks nice? But I am a bit biased, having a Chilcotin myself.
Knolly Endorphin, The replacement for my Meta AM
I wanted something a bit more lively than my Meta and this delivers. Bloody good fun.
13.680 kg for those interested.

the_stik

Likes Bikes
s1600_RM_Altitude_750_MSL_RE.jpg

Rocky Mountain 750 MSL Rally Edition
Changed the suspension to RockShox 160mm Dual Position Pike and Monarch Plus Debonair.
Put Renthal Stem, Fatbars and Kevlar Lockon grips on it.
Reverb Stealth Dropper.
Ethirteen Guide & Mavic Crossmax Enduro Wheels/Tyres.

Loving the bike and the Ride-9 adjustment I was scepticle about at first but it actually does completely transform the bike when you change the settings.

Next I'll be looking at a bigger rotor on the front and maybe some carbon cranks.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rocky Mountain 750 MSL Rally Edition
Changed the suspension to RockShox 160mm Dual Position Pike and Monarch Plus Debonair.
Put Renthal Stem, Fatbars and Kevlar Lockon grips on it.
Reverb Stealth Dropper.
Ethirteen Guide & Mavic Crossmax Enduro Wheels/Tyres.

Loving the bike and the Ride-9 adjustment I was scepticle about at first but it actually does completely transform the bike when you change the settings.

Next I'll be looking at a bigger rotor on the front and maybe some carbon cranks.
Great looking bike!

the_stik

Likes Bikes
Thanks for pointing it out. Honestly I couldnt care less what they have to say... I put the post up and its in the exact position I want it... I slam it... its out of the way. Must have just been lucky!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I think l'm supposed to have some existing knowledge on the seat post argument in that blog to understand WTF he is on about.

I don't get why you can't have a slammed dropper. Can some one explain in just a line or two why that's bad?

clockworked

Like an orange
I think l'm supposed to have some existing knowledge on the seat post argument in that blog to understand WTF he is on about.

I don't get why you can't have a slammed dropper. Can some one explain in just a line or two why that's bad?
he's insinuating that in a materialistic rush to have the all the BEST stuff that you MUST have some idiotic people are doing one or more of a handful of things;
1: buying a frame that doesn't suit their body dimensions. For a rotorburn example you could look at mywifesirrational's rune before he changed to the nomad.
2. unnecessarily upgrading their seatposts from a working, and appropriately sized 125mm dropper, which happens to fit their leg length well, and going to a 150mm post that forces the post all the way into the frame, and is possibly still too high for the person's legs. having the 125 would allow them to move the last few mm's up and down to find the perfect height at full extension.

the crux of is argument is the assumption that it is hugely unlikely that your exact, and well considered body geometrics matches exactly to the length of dropper post extension when you jam it all the way into the frame. Following this, he thinks that heaps of people are 'making do' with shitty positioning to have the latest and greatest, and are in turn missing the importance of appropriate seat post length.

it's a fairly large part of his argument to have assumed.
that being said - teamrobot is a humour site at its core.