Post your all mountain bike

will2

Likes Dirt
The whole bike, taking frame out of the equation, cost me less than a set of Pikes and a CCDB from a German online store.
That's prime, just left over stuff from around the joint or did you steal a little something from everyone of your mates?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
That's prime, just left over stuff from around the joint or did you steal a little something from everyone of your mates?
Nah, all mine except the shock is a loaner. I did benefit from a fellow burner's generosity, lateral thinking and disdain for the modern day love of waste with the frame though.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Nah, all mine except the shock is a loaner. I did benefit from a fellow burner's generosity, lateral thinking and disdain for the modern day love of waste with the frame though.
The signage must have cost a motza though.........

Bunyip Cafe, Freight Forwarding and Aluminium Upcycling Facility Cake's Around The Corner Jackass Pty Ltd

........not to mention the 3 consecutive shop fronts to fit it in.

ktastrphe

Likes Dirt
New addition to the fleet, mondraker crafty. Stole the 34mm kashima 140mm travel forks off my RIP9 and few other goodies like the e13 wheels.
I took a risk and went with a medium rather than a large based on the shop recommendation and so far feels like it was a good idea. My RIP9 now feels like I'm about 2m above the ground now in comparison even though they are both 29ers

Dirtydan

Likes Bikes
New addition to the fleet, mondraker crafty. Stole the 34mm kashima 140mm travel forks off my RIP9 and few other goodies like the e13 wheels.
I took a risk and went with a medium rather than a large based on the shop recommendation and so far feels like it was a good idea. My RIP9 now feels like I'm about 2m above the ground now in comparison even though they are both 29ers

Looks the goods, I have a foxy xr on its way. Can't wait, the days are dragging on.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
You got it. . But is now a heavy duty AM bike.. 15kg.

Did a 25km ride on it yesterday with around 500m of vertical. . Did a surprisingly good job.

moorey

call me Mia
Not bad weight for 4.5+ kg bare frame.
...and bike I wanted when it originally came up for sale, but nigs beat me to it.
Bang an air shock in that, maybe short shock it to reduce travel a bit and drop bb, match up the rear.
What length shock currently

You Yangs again?

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
...and bike I wanted when it originally came up for sale, but nigs beat me to it.
Bang an air shock in that, maybe short shock it to reduce travel a bit and drop bb, match up the rear.
What length shock currently

You Yangs again?
Nah. . In brisbane at the moment. Getting it sendtdown to my Melbourne address for the you yangs etc.

It's got a 222mm ccdb with a ti coil and thrust bearing.. Not much Bob at all.

If I shorten the travel, it will negate the pedal efficiency due to the moments that it produces in its current form.

Tell you what. . May not be the fastest to the top but I can get up techy sections that I have not be able to do on other bikes. .. active while climbing. Rather incredible. . Much better that a 12 year old dually should be, let alone a 9" dh bike. To say that I'm stoked would be putting it mildly.

The forks are zocchi 55 cr ti forks, hand built by ns dynamics from parts. Rather than a coil it uses air and has travel adjust too. They make my done up pikes feel pretty lame

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Nah. . In brisbane at the moment. Getting it sendtdown to my Melbourne address for the you yangs etc.

It's got a 222mm ccdb with a ti coil and thrust bearing.. Not much Bob at all.

If I shorten the travel, it will negate the pedal efficiency due to the moments that it produces in its current form.

Tell you what. . May not be the fastest to the top but I can get up techy sections that I have not be able to do on other bikes. .. active while climbing. Rather incredible. . Much better that a 12 year old dually should be, let alone a 9" dh bike. To say that I'm stoked would be putting it mildly.

The forks are zocchi 55 cr ti forks, hand built by ns dynamics from parts. Rather than a coil it uses air and has travel adjust too. They make my done up pikes feel pretty lame
my 01 222 had a coil 222mm shock in. I replaced with 216mm dhx air 5 and offset bushes. Got the HA to something more modern, and I don't feel the bees dick less travel. The 222 has a lot of adjustment in the bb/ha though.
Good work there nigs.