Post your all mountain bike

HI, this is my $700 AM Special, Scott Ransom 30. The Marzocchi 55 ATA's lockout isn't working so i'll be getting that rebuilt but other then that it's in good working order and has been a delight to ride over the last couple of weeks. Plan for the future are to replace the brakes and maybe change to a 2x10 setup. But for the moment i plan just to ride it and will rebuild it at the end of the year
Scott30.jpg

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
2013 Reign 2

Upgrades: RT3 Rear Shock Internals (Warranty Upgrade), Flow EX Hope Hoops (Setup Tubeless), 780mm Boobars, 50mm Easton Havoc Stem, Prime Madison Saddle, Blackspire Einfachx + Bionicon C-Guides with Hope 32T Ring, Proton Ti Flats, Oury Lockons, Hans Dampf Trailstar + Nobby Nic Pacestar (Evo Snakeskins), Superstar Kevlar Brake Pads

She's light and quick now!

Danny B

Likes Dirt
2013 Reign 2

Upgrades: RT3 Rear Shock Internals (Warranty Upgrade), Flow EX Hope Hoops (Setup Tubeless), 780mm Boobars, 50mm Easton Havoc Stem, Prime Madison Saddle, Blackspire Einfachx + Bionicon C-Guides with Hope 32T Ring, Proton Ti Flats, Oury Lockons, Hans Dampf Trailstar + Nobby Nic Pacestar (Evo Snakeskins), Superstar Kevlar Brake Pads

She's light and quick now!
Nice Reign bud. Always thought you could make a nicer bike from a Reign 2 with a few upgrades than the stock Reign 1. Overdrive2.... what were they thinking.

Two things tho' - needs clutch RD and SLAM THAT STEM!

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some fugly pics of my new rig. Colour is way nicer in person.

WP_20130721_001.jpg

WP_20130721_002.jpg

Pretty stoked on the frame! Not happy with the suspension, the dream is to switch it up with some Marzocchi, but I can't afford it.
Pity I can't use my Reverb (wrong seatpost size), but I have a remote for the X-Fusion, should be fine when I set it up.
Also have some IceTech rotors to slap on there. The stock wheelset (Mavic CrossSomething) is waaay lighter than my hopes, but was dead on arrival (my luck with Frenchy things is close to zero) and is being warrantied. The Larson is actually for my XC bike. I tore the Schwalbe on there so had to find a quick fix. Ardents are going on for next ride.

I'll do a full ride/review write-up thingo when I get around to doing a PYR, but suffice it to say that it pedals pretty well (perhaps not as well as the Meta AM I sold recently, very hard to say) and it descents amazingly. The big advantages over the Meta AM are:
- External Cable Routing
- ISCG Mounts (that are placed correctly)
- Stock forks aren't noodles.

The way I have it set up it's silent. Occasionally I get a dull tap as the chain hits the cross beam of the top part of the guide. So refreshing after the constant rattling and banging of the Commencal. I'm stoked! Bike is tapped!

Last edited:

slowandold

Likes Dirt
2014 Specialized Stumpy 29 Comp Evo.

Only had the one ride so far but for my first 29er very impressed.
2x10 Sram X9 rear, X7 shifters.
Formula C1 brakes(not sure I like these, hopefully just need to bed in)
Specialized Command post.
Fox 135 mm CTD with auto sag rear.
No, not a Pike but a 140mm Revelation front.

IMG_0271.jpgIMG_0268.jpg

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Nice Reign bud. Always thought you could make a nicer bike from a Reign 2 with a few upgrades than the stock Reign 1. Overdrive2.... what were they thinking.

Two things tho' - needs clutch RD and SLAM THAT STEM!
Thanks mate!

Yeah the 2 was the go for sure at <$2000.

I prefer RS to Fox anyway so the only point of the 1 would have been the brakes and drivetrain. Meh @ that for ~$800 (especially since the blue looks shit).

Clutch RD is planned but not urgent (Bionicon does the trick for the moment) as are XT or similar brakes (also not in a hurry for these).

Thinking of dropping the stem down a spacer - but not sure as it's already a fair bit lower than stock with the no rise stem / low rise bars.

nine90

Squid
2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1

Picked up my new steed yesterday evening. Got it out for its maiden ride today and its safe to say im pretty happy with it. A few minor changes to be done in the way of new pedals, I have a set of Nukeproof Neutrons on the way. Need to drop a spacer down to bring the bars up a touch as they are nearly 2 inches lower than my last bike and its a bit hard on my wrists. I also will be converting the rims to tubeless as soon as I can.

LBS will trim down the steerer and re-route the rear brake through the frame for me when it goes in for its first service

So far the biggest stand outs are the dropper post, its my first time using one, and the 2x10 setup. Sure I've lost a bit of top end on the commute to and from the trails but the performance of the chainrings on the trails is amazing! Cant comment on the wheel size too much yet as my local trail is saturated at the moment so wasnt able to give it a red hot go.

Attachments

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
2013 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper Evo 26"

Here is my 26" AM Machine. 10.8kg
Its basically 2 bikes in one. I have two shocks and linkage set-ups. One is 140mm with 1deg steeper head angle and the other is 150mm and 1deg slacker.
Its actually up for sale now that I have the new Enduro. $4,999 if anyone is interested For Sale Thread

Lots more pics in the thread link above.

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
2013 Giant Trance 29er 1

Maybe not a true AM bike, but the reason I go up hill is to shred down!

Had the Trance for nearly 12 months and have been overall very happy with it. Took a while to get the setup dialed in but once I did, it's great to ride the trails here in Tassie. After snapping my front Derailleur at an enduro a fortnight ago, the Raceface 32t NW single arrived this week so looking forward to getting back on this weekend. Being out of action for a few weeks, it was a good opportunity to pull everything off the bike, lube, tighten and clean all the crooks and nannies. After a quick ride last night, I think the 1x10 setup will be exactly what I'm after.

Couple of other additions:
Eason Haven rims setup tubeless with Nobby back & Hans front
Eason Haven Bars
XT Trail pedals
Fizik Tundra
Raceface Grips
Rear brake cable internally routed

Next on the list is a new set of brakes. Got any recommendations? I'm thinking maybe Code R's

Trance.jpg

Last edited:

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
Picked up my new steed yesterday evening. Got it out for its maiden ride today and its safe to say im pretty happy with it. A few minor changes to be done in the way of new pedals, I have a set of Nukeproof Neutrons on the way. Need to drop a spacer down to bring the bars up a touch as they are nearly 2 inches lower than my last bike and its a bit hard on my wrists. I also will be converting the rims to tubeless as soon as I can.

LBS will trim down the steerer and re-route the rear brake through the frame for me when it goes in for its first service

So far the biggest stand outs are the dropper post, its my first time using one, and the 2x10 setup. Sure I've lost a bit of top end on the commute to and from the trails but the performance of the chainrings on the trails is amazing! Cant comment on the wheel size too much yet as my local trail is saturated at the moment so wasnt able to give it a red hot go.
Very nice! Saw one it at McBains yesterday and was very impressed. Will certainly be taking one for a ride!