Post your all mountain bike

Z

Zaf

Its interesting that people are so opinionated about putting Enve decals on LB rims. I had no such reaction to Deemax stickers on MTX 33's..?

It's the kind of like masturbating to a picture of Eva Green and then strutting around and high fiving everyone you know, saying that you had sex with her.

It could have been better than the actual experience of "sex with Eva Green", you could have had more fun, or had repeated enjoyment, and it could even be far more cost effective than the act of pursuing her...

But you still didn't do it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ideate

It's the kind of like masturbating to a picture of Eva Green and then strutting around and high fiving everyone you know, saying that you had sex with her.

It could have been better than the actual experience of "sex with Eva Green", you could have had more fun, or had repeated enjoyment, and it could even be far more cost effective than the act of pursuing her...

But you still didn't do it!
Mmmmmm... No.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was thinking this today. All the plus tyres are rubbish at the moment and I reckon I could fit one into my metrics (I actually have no idea but I'd try).

Here's my spitfire with new LB 38's. They were for the Darkside but I think I'll keep them on the spitty 8)

fake rim stickers = fail.

I bet you have a Commodore with a Chevy badge on it too

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
There's definitely no shame in owning some LB's. I'd feel more embarrassed wasting money on a real set of Enve's.

Definitely not money wasted, more so on a road bike but ENVEs are nicer to ride than your average open mould Chinese wheel. I know because I've owned both on road and mountain. I bought ENVE for my primary bikes and tried Chinese carbon for my other bikes. Needless to say I wish I could afford ENVE for all of them. Oh well, just remember, not all carbon is created equally.

GRPABT1

Likes Dirt
Nice Rocky there. Mines two pages back. Still think they should of put an integrated chain stay protector on it. It's my first carbon bike so I ended up putting a nukeproof down tube protector on mine.. Lovely colour by the way
Yeah I have about 3 layers of frame skin on mine haha. I don't really like most of the ugly black chainstay protectors.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Yeah I have about 3 layers of frame skin on mine haha. I don't really like most of the ugly black chainstay protectors.
Mines Matt black so i get white scratches just looking at it. Any loose brushings yet ? I've had to blue lock about 2/3's of them so far. Only thing I don't like about frame, otherwise ride 9 is awesome.

Ideate

I was about to have a whinge about the stickers but then I remembered my Nicolai is branded with Huffy stickers, hahaha.
That is funny. So why isn't M90 stickers on a trail bike? Or Deemax stickers on a painted MTX 33? Or LB stickers on Enve rims even? Would that be the equivalent of putting a Carolla badge on a Lexus?

I've never spoofed over a picture of Eva and then said I actually had sex with her so that's my point. Not that I care (because it's amusing) but I'm intrigued with people's threshold of when it's funny and when you're a Commodore driver (massive insult by the way).

mitchy_

Llama calmer
That is funny. So why isn't M90 stickers on a trail bike? Or Deemax stickers on a painted MTX 33? Or LB stickers on Enve rims even? Would that be the equivalent of putting a Carolla badge on a Lexus?

I've never spoofed over a picture of Eva and then said I actually had sex with her so that's my point. Not that I care (because it's amusing) but I'm intrigued with people's threshold of when it's funny and when you're a Commodore driver (massive insult by the way).
badging anything as something else is just plain stupid.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Why *did* you go to all the trouble to put Enve stickers on those rims? I really want to know. Can't have been an easier task.

Z

Zaf

You asked why people get touchy about it and we tried to explain. Whether you feel it's warranted or deserved, ENVE products stand at the upper end of quality and flash. They hold that special place in marketing where they are perceived as the best an item can be, and it shows, say "ENVE wheels" to anyone even slightly in the know, and you'll get an "oooooo" face and a knowing nod in reply.

They have beautifully designed branding, they are flashy, they draw attention to themselves and you have to pay for the privilege. There aren't any shortcuts.

It doesn't matter the quality of the product underneath, it would look just as weird if someone were to put Lamborghini stickers on their Aston Martin. If you want THAT product, buy THAT product, don't buy something else and pretend.

Ideate

Why *did* you go to all the trouble to put Enve stickers on those rims? I really want to know. Can't have been an easier task.
I had an option, you're right. Definitely more trouble than bare carbon but they sent me LB stickers that I didn't like (not to mention 2 missing) so I mocked some stealth Enve stickers up in photoshop and liked them better. The end.

It's still funny listening to all the butthurt people on here. It's almost like a personal spite thing mixed with a moral and ethical dilemma mixed with the world owes Enve something. I'm actually doing them a favour... Look how much publicity they're getting right now.

If Aston Martin built me a Lamborghini replica kit and it was literally 2mm off, yes I would still put a Lamborghini badge on it. I would have no trouble admitting it was an Aston Martin though.. unlike you're suggesting.. and would continue to feel great satisfaction that my already awesome Aston Martin looked like a Lamborghini while my wallet was $500k fatter (both of which are my personal preference).

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I had an option, you're right. Definitely more trouble than bare carbon but they sent me LB stickers that I didn't like (not to mention 2 missing) so I mocked some stealth Enve stickers up in photoshop and liked them better. The end.
You still didn't answer my question directly.

But to paraphrase:

You bought naked rims, you like stickers, you like the ENVE sticker design, you had ENVE stickers made up & you stuck them on.

What is is about the ENVE design you like? Font? Colour? Shape?

Why didn't you just take the bits you liked & put another name on there, like Fred or Cheap or Tight?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Unless I'm mistaken, there was an individual on here who not only put enve stickers on non enve parts, but also rebated his Warsaw taxi model Merc as an AMG.

Call me crazy, but the first thing I do is desticker/badge anything. If I'm going to be a mobile billboard for some company, I'll wait until they pay me a premium to do it, not the other way around.

It's no so much the choice of decal ideate put on his plastic wheels, but the effort of getting them made up, and applying them that I don't understand....