Post your all mountain bike

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
New bike day....

2016 Trek Slash 9.8
Pretty much all that is left from the standard rig is the frame, fork, seat, seat post everything else has been swapped out
- Full XX1 drive train
- SRAM guide ultimate brake set
- Bontrager "Line Elite" TLR wheels [33mm OD wide]
- Bontrager XR4 elite tires
- Bontrager Rhythm Pro 800mm carbon bars [may be a tad wide, we'll see]
- ODI Ruffian grips
- XTR pedals
12.1 kg less pedals

Bring on the 2016 National enduro series!

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
26 ain't dead.

2012 Specialized Enduro S-Works

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450697457.731410.jpg

26 ain't dead. Bought this recently in pretty much stock form. Upgrades so far are:
- Thomson Trail Carbon bars;
- Thomson 50mm X4 Stem;
- Formula T1 brakes;
- Fizik Gobi saddle;
- DMR V12 Magnesium pedals;
- Raceface 36t direct mount NW ring; and
- MRP V2 taco.

Upgrades to come include:
- Wheels (Light Bicycle 38mm Carbon rim on Hope Pro II Evos) to replace the fairly dinged up Rovals;
- SRAM X1/XO1 drivetrain to replace the fairly worn X9;
- KS Lev dropper post to replace the rubbish Specialized dropper on it now; and
- Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.35 SG Trailstar front tyre for a bit more grip on the front.

Riding this has rekindled the love for me. Genuinely impressed with how it climbs and once pointed downhill is an absolute weapon. It's stable so feels like you can plough rough sections like a longer travel bike, yet light and precise so easy to move around and nail the smoothest line.

I did consider holding out for a 650b or 29er, but having ridden a few different examples I didn't feel that the performance difference was worth it, nor was it the particular difference I was after.

Last edited:

Zam

Likes Dirt

View attachment 323120

26 ain't dead. Bought this recently in pretty much stock form. Upgrades so far are:
- Thomson Trail Carbon bars;
- Thomson 50mm X4 Stem;
- Formula T1 brakes;
- Fizik Gobi saddle;
- DMR V12 Magnesium pedals;
- Raceface 36t direct mount NW ring; and
- MRP V2 taco.

Upgrades to come include:
- Wheels (Light Bicycle 38mm Carbon rim on Hope Pro II Evos) to replace the fairly dinged up Rovals;
- SRAM X1/XO1 drivetrain to replace the fairly worn X9;
- KS Lev dropper post to replace the rubbish Specialized dropper on it now; and
- Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.35 SG Trailstar front tyre for a bit more grip on the front.

Riding this has rekindled the love for me. Genuinely impressed with how it climbs and once pointed downhill is an absolute weapon. It's stable so feels like you can plough rough sections like a longer travel bike, yet light and precise so easy to move around and nail the smoothest line.

I did consider holding out for a 650b or 29er, but having ridden a few different examples I didn't feel that the performance difference was worth it, nor was it the particular difference I was after.
Nice, i would love to upgrade my 2009 sworks enduro to one of these, unfortunately lack of funds at the moment is not making it possible....

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt

View attachment 323120

26 ain't dead............right on brother...:hippie:
I've said it a few times, i really have a soft spot for these, it was the bike i was after to replace my very old and worn out norco, unfortunately there were none around , so grabbed a turner 5spot
instead.....
did you buy it off another Burner?

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 323120

26 ain't dead............right on brother...:hippie:
I've said it a few times, i really have a soft spot for these, it was the bike i was after to replace my very old and worn out norco, unfortunately there were none around , so grabbed a turner 5spot
instead.....
did you buy it off another Burner?
Yep, it's a Rotorburn Trading Area special - bought it off Holf.

This replaced a Commencal Supreme Racing - coil sprung Bos Suspension all round, which meant it descended like a demon. Couldn't hold a candle to the Enduro uphill and I think the Enduro just pips it when pointed down. Miss the Bos N'dee forks though - so far my impression of the Fox 36 Talas is that they're rubbish.

size 10

Squid
Canfield EPO

EPO SMALL.jpg Been enjoying this for the last 6 months or so, 140 mm pikes, reverb , Nancy's 35mm rims ... dynamite !

Replaced lightweight bladed spokes on rear wheel with plain gauge DT Swiss , noticeably stiffer.

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
2016 Trek Slash 9.8
Pretty much all that is left from the standard rig is the frame, fork, seat, seat post everything else has been swapped out
- Full XX1 drive train
- SRAM guide ultimate brake set
- Bontrager "Line Elite" TLR wheels [33mm OD wide]
- Bontrager XR4 elite tires
- Bontrager Rhythm Pro 800mm carbon bars [may be a tad wide, we'll see]
- ODI Ruffian grips
- XTR pedals
12.1 kg less pedals

Bring on the 2016 National enduro series!
I met you up at Mt Joyce in Round 5 (I had the Focus SAM with the flat tyre). Good luck this year, I'll be up for either round 3 or 5 again.

Good looking bike you have there

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
2014 Rocky Mountain Altitude 799

Have posted before but have shiny new parts. Swapped old 9 speed xt crank for equally old Slx crack. Cosmetic change. Upgraded old lever operated KS drop zone to Reverb stealth and finally after 6 years of use I have replaced my 2010 fox 36's for a lovely new set of Marzocchi 350cr. I'm blow away with new forks even after just one ride on them. If they feel this good now I can't wait for them to break in. Hope you all like my ride.

Attachments

redline316

Likes Dirt
Have posted before but have shiny new parts. Swapped old 9 speed xt crank for equally old Slx crack. Cosmetic change. Upgraded old lever operated KS drop zone to Reverb stealth and finally after 6 years of use I have replaced my 2010 fox 36's for a lovely new set of Marzocchi 350cr. I'm blow away with new forks even after just one ride on them. If they feel this good now I can't wait for them to break in. Hope you all like my ride.
Man i love rocky mountains. There high on my list for when i start looking for another bike this year.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Yeh it's my second rocky. Not normally a brand bitch but do love their bikes. It was a toss up between B.C.ing a thunderbolt or the altitude. Picked up frame cheap (well not that cheap) as it was the last years model at the time. Only complaint is you have to be on the ball regarding brushings which require tightening more often than I'd like. Do love the Ride 9 though, currently in slack mode but will change to next setting up for a more pedely ride.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
How does that Onza Ibex go ?