Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

will2

Likes Dirt
I hate this thread, every time I come here, which is often, I am like I have those spare bits, look in my cupboard: brakes, wheelset, drivetrain, bars, dropper, saddle. I am only missing a frame and fork. Then I look at my bank account. Then I cry. Then I consider working at a truck stop.
But seriously, I love everyone of these bikes. Amazing how much fun you can have for little money.

LukeGX

Squid
Yeah I never seem to have the couple hundred available when a nice second hand or discount frame comes up because I just spent all my coin on brakes, handlebars, drivetrains, droppers etc.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Amazing how much fun you can have for little money.
As much or more fun as any bike, just not as fast. It's good that a sick hardtail will always be as much fun as a trillion dollar dually or DH sled, and more versatile usually.
Just wish I was younger, they fricken punish you, especially when your old, and your brain is dual suspension trained.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Here is my AM hardtail:
Oooh that is interesting Transition have upped the reach on the TransAM, with a 2deg works component cup set and a straight steerer fork it would be a decent trail bike. Would be one of the better AM frames avaliable in Oz now for sure!

Good choice on the Zee cranks, quite a bit more compliant than Saints.

EDIT- I also have a very similar dinosaur.

DOUBLE EDIT- $1100 is too dear for me, a Commencal with air freight would be cheaper and has better geo for what I want. Nicolai really sorted their geo for 2015, I am half tempted but if it rode like most alloy frames it would be $1800 or so wasted.......again.
View attachment 314101

Last edited:

will2

Likes Dirt
As much or more fun as any bike, just not as fast. It's good that a sick hardtail will always be as much fun as a trillion dollar dually or DH sled, and more versatile usually.
Just wish I was younger, they fricken punish you, especially when your old, and your brain is dual suspension trained.
After recently riding my cousins hardtail, a Yeti DJ It was a ripping lot of fun and a good way to find weakness. It has inspired me to build up a Hardtail (sasquatch), Not in steel unfortunately but still should be a good supplement to the big AM bike, do a few skids and huck some shit.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is such a rad bike. I would love to try something out like that, but the lower back and neck didnt enjoy clanging around on a hardtail.
Good work!

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
Niner ROS 9 just landed!

Hi folks.
Have just landed this ROS 9/Revelation 130 frame/fork combo and swapped over some old parts from my XC hard tail so it is definitely a work in progress.
Still, it's awesome fun even as is. Specs below (with changes to come!)
Niner ROS 9 Forge Grey Large
Rockshox Revelation RCT3 130mm
KS Lev Dropper post
SRAM RISE 40 wheel set (to be upgraded to something WIDER!)
WTB Vigilante 2.2 tyres
Shimano drivetrain (to upgrade to 1x11 hopefully after tax time)
Shimano brakes (to upgrade to 180/160 front/rear XT)
Shimano SAINT pedals
Niner bar and Niner Trail stem

Upgrades are based around my local trail and making it just a little bit lighter (realising it's a steel hard tail so not going silly) plus it has to do double-duty as child-carrier and Tathra trails shredder at Xmas (I am from down that way)
Any suggestions, fire them through!
Juz

Attachments

redline316

Likes Dirt
Hi folks.
Have just landed this ROS 9/Revelation 130 frame/fork combo and swapped over some old parts from my XC hard tail so it is definitely a work in progress.
Still, it's awesome fun even as is. Specs below (with changes to come!)
Niner ROS 9 Forge Grey Large
Rockshox Revelation RCT3 130mm
KS Lev Dropper post
SRAM RISE 40 wheel set (to be upgraded to something WIDER!)
WTB Vigilante 2.2 tyres
Shimano drivetrain (to upgrade to 1x11 hopefully after tax time)
Shimano brakes (to upgrade to 180/160 front/rear XT)
Shimano SAINT pedals
Niner bar and Niner Trail stem

Upgrades are based around my local trail and making it just a little bit lighter (realising it's a steel hard tail so not going silly) plus it has to do double-duty as child-carrier and Tathra trails shredder at Xmas (I am from down that way)
Any suggestions, fire them through!
Juz
Wow my dream hardtail right there.

aanon

Likes Dirt
^^^Bloody nice Niner^^^

My Cotic Bfe, posted a few years back but now has a few different bits, like . .
Revelation 140mm fork.
XT brakes,
Fulcrum red power xl wheelset.
Havon carbon bar.
Have been riding this exclusively for the last 3 months (have not touched my dually) and it has been a total riot, hard tails do indeed rock.

Attachments

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been getting back on the old Cham recently with my other bike out of action. Been good fun getting reacquainted, really need to ditch the dh tubes though. The Hadley 108pt is still music to the ears

~'06 Chameleom, polished
~08/09 Reba Team dual air 20mm
KS Lev dropper
721 +pro ll and Hadley wheel set
Xt brakes

hairy1

Likes Bikes
hornet

Frame - 2015 dartmoor hornet (L)
Front shock/fork - 160mm soloair pike
Handlebars - some 740mm carbon pivot thingis
Stem - thomson 70mm stem
Grips - grippy ones
Headset - Cane Creek
Seatpost - KS Lev 150mm
Saddle - SDG Belair Ti
Brakes - XT
Rotors - 180 / 160
Cranks - XT
Chainring - hope NW 36T
Pedals - XT trail
Rear derailleur - Zee
Rear shifter - XT I-spec b
Cassette - XT 11-36
Wheels - 650b 35mm LB wheelset
Tyres - 2.35 Hans dampf/rock razor rear - not sure a 2.4 would fit as dartmoor say - though the rock razor is pretty big... had to sand the side knobs down a smidge to stop buzzing on the frame...

been on one ride - its fun! hornet.jpg

Z

Zaf

Here's my Kona Honzo.
Got a Dropper post on the way for it, but not really feeling the need for it just yet, just doing the old manual drop it down and pin it when I get to the top of a fun part.
Bike is an absolute riot! Something about hardtails that just can't be beaten with raw joy and trail feel.

will2

Likes Dirt
Here's my Kona Honzo.
Got a Dropper post on the way for it, but not really feeling the need for it just yet, just doing the old manual drop it down and pin it when I get to the top of a fun part.
Bike is an absolute riot! Something about hardtails that just can't be beaten with raw joy and trail feel.

They are for sure a dream of mine, look like so much fun and from what other blokes have said handle themselves really well in technical rocky stuff here in Sydney. I must add that you have the perfect spec on that thing, 11/10 job!

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
^^^Bloody nice Niner^^^

My Cotic Bfe, posted a few years back but now has a few different bits, like . .
Revelation 140mm fork.
XT brakes,
Fulcrum red power xl wheelset.
Havon carbon bar.
Have been riding this exclusively for the last 3 months (have not touched my dually) and it has been a total riot, hard tails do indeed rock.
Very nice. Am so jealous!