Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

simonhaha

Likes Dirt
So I'm now looking seriously at my next build, eyeing off the ns surge, crc has them cheap at the moment, most likely a 150mm pike for the front, with all parts from my Dj bike
Anyone seen or ridden one? Not a whole lot of useful info online about them but the numbers look good
I was going to go the same route as you, i did get a stanton slackline with the 150mm pike instead. Just for the sake of bling $$

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Hi all, I am wondering what the most popular frames are - I've got a few ideas by looking at this thread already.

I am asking so I can use the models as keywords on Gumtree, Ebay etc as I am looking at buying one :)

loc81

Likes Dirt
Hi all, I am wondering what the most popular frames are - I've got a few ideas by looking at this thread already..
Any brand on this thread are worth a shot- just not sure how much luck you'll have? Once you get a HT, as an only bike or a second rig, it tends to be a lifer! You really don't hear of people swapping out HT bikes or frames much. Certainly get back with what you can find though!
My BFe frame was only about $550 new, with other brands hovering around the $800 mark. Can you buy new and build up at all?

camoshop

Banned
Hi all, I am wondering what the most popular frames are - I've got a few ideas by looking at this thread already.

I am asking so I can use the models as keywords on Gumtree, Ebay etc as I am looking at buying one :)
I picked up a Cotic soul off this forum for cheap they're a good steel frame.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt

There was an On-One Inbred on here for sale not too long ago. Good frames for the price.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Any brand on this thread are worth a shot- just not sure how much luck you'll have? Once you get a HT, as an only bike or a second rig, it tends to be a lifer! You really don't hear of people swapping out HT bikes or frames much. Certainly get back with what you can find though!
My BFe frame was only about $550 new, with other brands hovering around the $800 mark. Can you buy new and build up at all?
There is or was a early SC Chameleon on Facebook, they build up pretty nooice.

D

Deleted member FN2187

So my very beloved Transition TransAM has now entered semi retirement... And here's it's successor.

View attachment 306881

Production Privee Shan 27 XL
Rockshox Pike RTC3 160
DT Swiss EX 1501 wheels (27.5)
Race Face Atlas cranks
1x10 SRAM X0 shifter and derailleur (32 x 11-36)
Avid Code brakes
Thomson dropper post
Production Privee bars and stem (780mm, 50mm)

The frame finally arrived last Wednesday morning, built it up Wednesday evening, couple of local rides, then down to Thredbo for the long weekend. Couple of days of DH and Flow runs, then a run down the Valley trail to Crackenback Monday morning. I feel like I'm cheating on my TransAM, but holy shit this bike is amazing!
Woah fuck! Bike boner. Is there anyone selling these Production Prive frames locally? Otherwise where do I get one??!!

Woah fuck! Bike boner. Is there anyone selling these Production Prive frames locally? Otherwise where do I get one??!!
Hey yogibear, see the previous post. No one selling them in Aus that I know if, and PP wouldn't do direct, so had to go through the NZ distributor.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Hey yogibear, see the previous post. No one selling them in Aus that I know if, and PP wouldn't do direct, so had to go through the NZ distributor.
That thing looks sensational buddy! Not sure if or when I'll swap out the BFe but I'm loving the slacker HA and lower BB this thing has- not to mention it has changeable dropouts for a clean swap to 26" which saves a full fit-out.
Keep us posted with some ride reviews and hopefully I'll see you at one of the rocky trail races on that rig!

That thing looks sensational buddy! Not sure if or when I'll swap out the BFe but I'm loving the slacker HA and lower BB this thing has- not to mention it has changeable dropouts for a clean swap to 26" which saves a full fit-out.
Keep us posted with some ride reviews and hopefully I'll see you at one of the rocky trail races on that rig!
See you at Del Rio this weekend if you're going?

And yeah, I'll post some thoughts or maybe a bit of a review here soon.

loc81

Likes Dirt
See you at Del Rio this weekend if you're going?

And yeah, I'll post some thoughts or maybe a bit of a review here soon.
I'll be on holidays interstate I'm afraid but aiming to go to Thredbo even though it will be a haul-ass 6hr trip each way dammit!

Cheers mate. All up what did the frame + delivery cost, if you don't mind me asking?
I was talking to their distributor in NZ lastnight on facebook.

$1299 NZ plus $80 NZ delivery to Melbourne.

Seems pretty expensive for a steel hardtail frame.

loc81

Likes Dirt
With our dollars nearly the same, you aren't wrong there! Importing anything sucks right now though :-(