Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Cotic BFe 275. Finished the build tonight. Currently running the wheels off my other bike. Can't wait to get her dirty!

smokem

Squid
How do people go riding these bikes with flats?

I have an On-one 456, always ridden it with clips.

Pretty rocky / rough trails where I live. Just wondering if you manage to stay on the pedals with flats on a hardtail? Or is it better to stick with the clips?

Thanks

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's a choice rig! How are you enjoying it? E-ten dropper, How do they go? Very tempting for the money.
Thanks mate. I have only taken it for a quick spin around my suburban block late last night so I can't really comment on how she feels on the trail. Hopefully take it out to lysterfield Having used a ks dropzone and and a reverb stealth I reckon the remote on the eten doesn't feel as crisp. I havent measured and only checked the diamter before purchasing the eten from a mate, but it feels like it has a bunch less drop that the reverb. But for the difference in price these are sacrifices I was willing to make. On the old dropzone I removed the inner locking part of the grip and the remote replaced it. I thought it was a nice touch.

will2

Likes Dirt
New Corsair Kraken Steel hardtail, have a look on Pinkbike.
Starting to really get a semi over plus size wheels for a Steel hardtail, Fun bike sort of thing. But it is kinda redundant to spend a tonne of money on a complete new bike just to have wider tires.

floody

Wheel size expert
That does sound fun. I'm trying for a fairly high volume/wide rim setup on my new bike (26" Trail King 2.4s on Blunt 35s), seems like the way forward. Micro mini fat lol.

will2

Likes Dirt
That does sound fun. I'm trying for a fairly high volume/wide rim setup on my new bike (26" Trail King 2.4s on Blunt 35s), seems like the way forward. Micro mini fat lol.
I was thinking about that the other day. Wouldn't mind a couple of big 26 tires. Except as they get bigger the tread is far too much for my needs and the price and weight of them go the wrong way. Where are 3 inch minions when you need them?
Just went to launch a 2.5 minion and 2.35 Ikon on for a trip to Horsnby, then It started raining. So disappointed, I will have to wait until next weekend. :tsk::rain:

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I mistakenly posted a joyful thread about receiving my new NS eccentric frame in the "Post your all mountain bike" thread, and have just seen the reports that the frame is now only ~$680 from CRC... I hate it when the price drops a few days after you've paid!

slowmick

38-39"
Miguel75 - sorry to poo on your parade bloke - I should have checked before I posted the price. Bummer that Ubyk don't have the same price match guarantee as Wiggle. Looking forward to seeing yours built up.

Mine has spent the last week driving around Melbourne with Parcel Force. Maybe it will show up next week.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Miguel75 - sorry to poo on your parade bloke - I should have checked before I posted the price. Bummer that Ubyk don't have the same price match guarantee as Wiggle. Looking forward to seeing yours built up.

Mine has spent the last week driving around Melbourne with Parcel Force. Maybe it will show up next week.
Not a worry at all Slowmick, truth be told I'm happy with the price I paid. I was pretty stoked on shipping, it was scheduled for delivery on the 28/09 though arrived in Melbourne on the 19/09 and at my door on the 21/09. I'm glad they didn't just drive it around for a few extra days;)

Hopefully you'll get yours soon. What fork/build are you planning?

slowmick

38-39"
i have a set of 26" wheels and a 26" 160mm fox 36 fork that i am planning on using. Long story short i broke a 26" frame and it was replaced with 27.5 - the whee s and fork were left over. Figure i'll get better value for money using them than selling them. The website says it is optimised for 27.5 but will equally suit 26. I hope so. The forks are a little long and the wheels are a little small. :becky:

Haylex

Likes Dirt
I've been riding mine heaps, loads of fun with 650b and a 140 fork. It should be sweet with 160 fork and 26in, I've been meaning to try that setup off my other bike but haven't been bothered yet.....

And just an FYI - They recommend a max of a 27.5x2.3 tyre but a 2.4 ardent clears fine.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
This was my last frame, custom 650b, 65feg HA 75 deg STA but it never got built, the frame was so shit I hacked it up and threw it in with the recycling.

slowmick

38-39"
spoozbucket - did you make the frame or buy it? sad to hear of a frame going in the bin without ever being a bike.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
I had it made locally, I don't have the skills or the gear sadly.

It was just too dodgy for me to trust, the HT hadn't been welded in with a plug in it so it warped like crazy, the back end was also far from straight and it had a bunch of swarf in the frame so it went to the bike yard in the sky.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I had it made locally, I don't have the skills or the gear sadly.

It was just too dodgy for me to trust, the HT hadn't been welded in with a plug in it so it warped like crazy, the back end was also far from straight and it had a bunch of swarf in the frame so it went to the bike yard in the sky.
Frame builder or keen hobbist? Hope you didn't pay for it....

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Frame builder or keen hobbist? Hope you didn't pay for it....
Supposed frame builder, won't mention any names coz the person said they'd sort it out but I'm not in to cutting and shutting so I chopped it up.
Yeah I paid money for it, quite a bit actually.

This was close to or the final build geo, can't remember exactly, would have been a fun steed.