Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My AM ride... heaps of fun. Raced XC, Gravity Enduro and done everyday rides.. eats it up!

Frame: Santa Cruz Chameleon 2013 (med)
Fork: Rock Shox Pike U-turn 140mm
Wheels: SUN Rhyno Lites / Novatec hubs
Crank: Gravity Light
Chainring: Hope 36T
Chainguide: MRP G2
Shifter/Derailleur: Shimano XT shadow
Brakes: Formula RX
Bars: Renthal Fatbar Lite 740mm
Stem: Truvativ Holzfeller 60mm
Grips: ODI Cross trainers
Seatpost: Truvativ Stylo
Seat: Charge Knife
Pedals: Shimano SLX
Tyres: Maxxis High Roller II 2.4 EXO / Maxxis Ikon 2.25 EXO 3C

Not sure what it weighs.. fun to ride though!

View attachment 270867
Bike looks awesome! care to share some better quality pics?

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Here is my new do it all hardtail

Frame: 2008 Banshee Viento
Fork: Rockshox Revelation U-turn air 130mm
Wheelset: Sram Rise 40 (Would like to upgrade to hope hoops/ ztr flow ex when i can)
Bars and Stem: Easton Haven 711mm/ 70mm
Brakes: Avid juicy 7 (got some XT's on the way to replace them)
Shifter: Sram XO
Rear mech: Sram XO midcage
Cranks: Shimano XT
Chainring: Race Face 34T
Chain: KMC 10 speed gold
Cassette: Shimano XT
Guide: MRP top guide
Pedals: Jet Black Superlight
Headset: Cane Creek
I've also got a spare KS remote kit on the way so i can swap the dropper on my dualie between bikes. Anway here are some pics (Sorry about the shadows, i'm not much of a photographer)

Both my gems getting to know each other

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
6 months of picking parts and getting the build done, though thinkin I still need a chainguide

Cotic BFe - its reignited my love for riding all over again. I'm a beginner rider at best and I have an absolute blast on this thing.

To anyone reading this, it doesn't have to be a Cotic, but buy a hardtail - unbelievably fun!

loc81

Likes Dirt
Bit of a long term report after 6 months ownership and the last 3 back riding after injury.
I've been riding the BFe twice a week and my local is Ourimbah. If you are in the know, it is quite rough xc and a bit of a busy trail- up, rock, down, rock, around, rock, left, right etc.
My mates I ride with often ask when the DS will come out for a spin and considering it hasn't had a proper ride since March, I'm wondering myself! The BFe has paid off in spades and with a dropper post now on it I can't find a single fault with it besides splitting hairs on fork length.
The fork is a 150mm float spaced to 130mm which is perfect for all but very hard riding. I've only felt out of my depth on ourimbah's AM track- a combination of steeper head angle than my DS, fretting about going OTB after previous break and the sketchy parts are also part of the DH track.
Both bikes run identical forks but one is TALAS so to keep my nice green fork lowers on the Cotic, I'm getting the talas internals swapped over to it for more travel flexibility: 110, 130 or 150mm. LBS says its a pretty painless exercise.
I'm also loving the fact that such a bombproof bike with these tyres and the post weighs 12.4kg.
All we need now is a hard tail category in some AM races!

My blog: www.justmytype81.wordpress.com
Stuff about stuff I like- bikes, music, food and laughs. Subscribe.

omac

Likes Dirt
2004 Banshee Sirocco

You've all inspired me.

Iv got a old Banshee Sirocco that I use for trail riding but in the next month or so I'm gunna give it some much needed TLC.

Pics coming soon...
As promised

Iv had this frame since 2004 & I haven't changed much other than Tires & brake pads. On the first day of ownership I managed to break the mag lower from over tightening the 20mm QR bolt the 2004 Marzocchi DJ II that came with the build kit, hence the Manitiou Super splice.

Before

I recently scored my self some 2002 Marzocchi Z1Freeride forks from eBay & except for the rear hub, Iv either serviced or replace almost everything that moves.
New derailleurs are on the way, then I just need tires & pedals (I'm considering SPDs for the first time).

After

Last edited:

Engelados

Likes Bikes
I see your "On One" bike and raise you an Airborne.
I posted this on the XC section but i guess it belongs more to the All Mountain Hardtails :p

DSC_0126.jpg

Jetzki

Squid
Oh no, another sasquatch build. Getting into the more aggressive riding stuff. On a budget! Keeping the frame till something more appropriate can be purchased.

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt
I see your "On One" bike and raise you an Airborne.
I posted this on the XC section but i guess it belongs more to the All Mountain Hardtails :p

View attachment 272905
I see your Airbourne and raise it another Airbourne

over 13 years old ,20k km under her belt, been wrapped around a tree, cracked three times, Welded, Plated, Carbon wrapped for strength and still one of my favorite bikes.

Airbourne.jpg

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt
Bro !!! :D
any specs ? (you're not selling the frame i guess...? (i want them all) xD
Why would I sell the frame. They are awesome.

Built from spare parts to a degree

Small Airbourne frame
Rockshock Revelation Ti forks, 120mm
Raceface 60mm Stem
Raceface Next Bars
Raceface prodigy cranks with a 34mm Narrow/wide chainring
Shimano Trail XT pedals
Crossmax wheels (Spare on at the moment)
Maxis 2.1 tyres, Crossmax and ignitor
9 speed rear cassette (11-36)
Ultegra rear deraileur, Gripshift front shifter
Shimano XT brakes
Easton Carbon post with old left over seat

Weighs in at 10.5kg. very swift bike in the tight stuff and comfortable on big hits.

bpow

Likes Dirt
Transition trans am (small)
Been building this up for quite a while. First ride will be tomorrow. Still need to tidy the cables and find my favorite stem height and cut the steerer.

20131006_194051[1].jpg
The build includes
Revelation RL forks (150mm)
Flow on hope hubs with 10mm rear thru axle.
Formula RX brakeset
XT crankset 1x9 with MRP 1x guide
sram x7 rear
Race face atlas 720mm bars and evolve 70mm stem
Thomson elite post
odi ruffian grips
WTB pure V saddle
Will run minion front and x-king rear first and then try some hans dampfs
Simple but solid, cant wait.

lewis84 lewis84

Likes Dirt
Some awesome looking bikes there! Mine is not what you'd call "all mountain", so don't laugh too hard but that's what I do with it. It was a b'day gift from the wife and kids and it gets used for everything from pedaling the kids to school to following a fire management trail to the top of mount murga and returning to camp following game trails down the side of it this long weekend gone. 7 years after my felt was stolen and I think I'm in love with cycling all over! It's pretty stock, I've added;
Saint pedals
Truvative hussefelt bars
Gravity stem
Sram grips.
My to do list is (and I'm open to advice, please :) )
Hans dampf 2.35 on the front
180mm front rotor
Dropper post
A 120mm??? fork, or at least a quality 100mm unit.
I'm sure the list will grow, and I know it's not the beefiest frame going but at a whole 70kg and being a fairly conservative rider I think it will do. Keep the inspiration coming!
Cheers, Chris

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 4

keyatch

Likes Bikes
I just finished building this one up. I only got to take it for a quick spin today, hopefully I'll get some fun hours in over the weekend.

It's pretty much all parts that I had lying around. The next update will be the brakes and maybe the wheels if the bank allows.

Frame - 18" Ragley Piglet 2 2013
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Revelation 140mm
Handlebars - Raceface evolve
Stem - Raceface Ride
Headset - Nukeproof warhead
Saddle - WTB Rocket V
Seatpost - Ragley Spike
Front brake - Tektro Auriga Pro (piece of shit, will be changed to XTR trail soon)
Rear brake - Tektro Auriga Pro (piece of shit, will be changed to XTR trail soon)
Cranks - SLX
Chainguide - ethirteen xcx
Pedals - Shimano DX
Rear derailleur - XTR
Wheels: Mavic crossride
Front Tyre - Kenda Nevegal
Rear Tyre - Maxis Larsen TT
Weight: Don't care

Photo-17-10-2013-4-00-42-pm.jpg

Photo-17-10-2013-4-00-17-pm.jpg

PhillipJ

Likes Bikes
Yet another little piglet

Frame: 2013 Piglet MkII, 20"
Fork: Float 125 (from a Trance X)
Stem/Bars: 60mm/720mm whatever was cheap on Wiggle
Saddle/Seatpost: whatever was cheap on Wiggle
Wheels: Giant S-XC 2, also from a Trance X
M615 Deore groupset with an SLX 9 speed 36 tooth middle ring and a BBG bashguard.
Weight: Slightly less than a 2012 Trance X with a 140mm fork and dropper post.

Fairly impressed with the Deore clutch derailleur and the brakes go ok too.

rotorburn_piglet.jpg