Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That Diamondback looks sick!!

How does she weigh in at?? I would be quite tempted to try a Hard tail 27.5 am bike.
Rode a 29r hard tail aggressively for a while, and actually really like the bigger wheels on rough stuff.

About time I added

Been enjoying the many bikes on display here.
Something about a HT that you just can't ever give up on.
Sure is a wakeup call going back to a 26 HT after upgrading to a 29r Enduro, a reality check in fact.
Started out as a Mongoose Tyax and morphed into a Cotic Bfe over about 3yrs. Only Mongoose hold over is the top cap, sentimental guy that I am.
Went SS on the 'Goose and then eventually Zee 1x10 on the Cotic frame.
Elixir 5 brakes, FSA cranks and DaBomb wheelset. pretty hard hitting bike. To the point that I am yet to seriously push its limits.
But it is great fun. No question.

IMG_1826.JPG
IMAG0777.jpg

Am now running SS and some 150mm forks. Pretty happy with the forks but think 140mm is about the sweet spot.

ozdavo

Likes Dirt

My current bush bike:
- Unknown 29er frame, stripped to bare alloy. Light at approx. 1600g with hanger.
- RS Recon Silver 120mm, 15mm TA
- X0 1 x 10 drivetrain, with type 2 RD, X9 cranks and 30t direct mount Works NW chainring (also have 32t Wolftooth 104bcd, 34t & 36t Direct mount Wolftooth rings).
- Cheap T7 dropper

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

quin66

Likes Dirt
Ahhh a dedicated hardtail nut thread,glad I found it. Some very sweet bikes on here built for the rough stuff. Here is my bike,it goes pretty much anywhere and keeps me safe when stuff gets out of hand. The only thing missing on it is some sort of high 5 mechanism so we could high 5 each other after each ride. Oh well.uploadfromtaptalk1390687917473.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390687856660.jpg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Cromo hardtail

There's been a few changes for the old hardtail recently, so I thought I'd throw it back up.

First made in 2007 and been going strong ever since. This is about the 4th major parts change on it in that time and 3rd colour (if you count riding it raw for about the first year.).

I had it set up as single speed recently and went back to gears to save my dodgy knees. The clutched 9 speed is actually a clutched 8 speed due to the derailleur bolt hitting on the chain when it's on the 11 tooth cog, so I just locked it out.

Here is the spec and a pic from my last ride at the You Yangs.

Frame - Galah, Custom Hardtail (Onyx Pearl, powdercoat)
Fork - 06 Marzocchi Z1 Sport. 130mm travel, 20mm axle.
Cranks - Raceface Atlas AM, 175mm (Silver)
Shifter - SRAM X9, 9 speed.
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Zee, 10 speed.
Chainring - Wolftooth Narrow Wide, 36t (Black)
2014-02-02 11.19.14.jpg

Last edited:

TKITEZ

Likes Bikes
here is my 2010 Norco Bigfoot,

its in 'lost my license commuter mode' at the moment, rolling on a pair of 2.4 Holy Rollers

pretty stock standard, put some Dabomb bars on, WTB speed v saddle, 2013 rockshox recon forks, headlock, thats about it for the moment..
when i head back out on the dirt i just switch to my atomlab general issue wheels, with 2.4 schwalbe big bettys

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of the best kept secrets in mountainbiking these frames are! I built up an 08 sasquatch to a similar spec to this and it feels so right i can't believe i don't see more of them out there! Nice specs fella, should be a cracker to ride!
Damn you. I want those forks. I had to settle for Manitou Shermans (keeping it around the 2004 era)

Jetzki

Squid
Adding to that sasquatch love that seems to be radiating. Just finished stripping and polishing, thats an effort and a half... not polished that well. But i'm pretty happy with the finish. rough and rugged.

TKITEZ

Likes Bikes
more recent pics now with 1x9

Frame - 2010 Norco Bigfoot
Rear shock -
Front shock/fork - 2013 Rockshox Recon 100mm
Handlebars - DaBomb Apache 750mm
Stem - Funn Rippa
Headset - FSA TH 855
Grips - ODI Rouge
Saddle - WTB Speed V
Seatpost - Easton
Front brake - Shimano M575 203mm
Rear brake - Shimano M575 185mm
Cranks - Truvativ Ruktion 2.0
Chainguide -
Chain - SRAM 9 Speed
Pedals - Wellgo B54
Front derailleur -
Rear derailleur - SRAM X7 Short Cage
Front shifter -
Rear shifter -SRAM X5
Cassette - Sram PG-950
Front hub - KT 'Quando'
Rear hub - KT 'Quando'
Front rim - SUN Black eye
Rear rim - SUN Black eye
Spokes -
Nipples -
Tyres - Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4
Tubes -
Total weight - just under 13kg i think...

loc81

Likes Dirt
Hey folks, just a quick "how good is this" post, live from Queenstown. 2 afternoons on the gondola (I also hired a DH rig for some of the nastier trails!) and if the weather behaves itself, coronet and surrounds plus 7-mile in coming days. Queenstown is stupidly good so get over here with some big tyres and decent brakes!

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
Coronet peak on the cotic is going to be feral fun!!!!!!! I'm heading back to queenstown in feb next year. Its like a second home now, such an awesome spot

loc81

Likes Dirt
In Summary..

Cotic and Yeti. Just like my 2 bikes. Wish I was there with them. Looks amazing.
Coronet peak on the cotic is going to be feral fun!!!!!!! I'm heading back to queenstown in feb next year. Its like a second home now, such an awesome spot
Thanks to snow the day before, followed but morning rain the day of, the Coronet Peak Enduro was the most dangerous riding I've done! I had ridden most of it a few years ago so I had some idea but all 5 stages (I actually pulled the pin after the 3rd) turned to this slushy clay dirt- if you weren't a local you were way out of your league in my opinion!
In NZ when the trails go up, they go UP. When they go down, it's sensational but usually a 5-600mm trail cut into the side of a mountain so you need your wits about you. The skill and fitness level because of this is at another level completely compared to aussies- you've got to hand it to them.
More importantly, the Cotic handled the vast majority of what we rode. Some of the intermediate DH lines on the gondola runs were its limit mostly due to terrible braking bumps at warp speed but there are plenty of bike hire options in town for half a day of plush.

The riding is second to none whether its scenic rides, XC, AM, DH or DJ- all styles are covered and have varying degrees of difficulty so you can ease into the trails. Add countless bars, cafes, restaurants, several bike shops in town and postcard scenery! I can't recommend Queenstown enough to any rider.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Rocky Trail Rollercoaster

I just saw that entries are open for the Rollercoaster race up (or down?) at Kempsey on June 29 and they've got the hard tail option back on the list- so who wants to join me?
Word on the street is the event area and camping are just behind the local golf club and they will be putting on a band or 2 out back, which combined with a schooner and counter meal sounds like a sweet combo.
Details are here: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/Rollercoaster-overview.html

Plus there is a rollercoaster thread on here too, so make a weekend of it why don't ya!

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
Here's mine - Cove Handjob with Fox Floats, Easton Haven wheels and 1x9 drive train with clutch mech.

Great fun bike, especially coming into winter - less maintenance!

uploadfromtaptalk1399703272964.jpg