Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

will2

Likes Dirt
Got a new AM HT coming together "North Shore Hardtail" Norco Rampage. Just waiting on wheels and a seatpost. Wheels should have in 2 weeks, but need a bit of help with a 30.0 seatpost can't find one for a decent price anywhere. Please Help.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Got a new AM HT coming together "North Shore Hardtail" Norco Rampage. Just waiting on wheels and a seatpost. Wheels should have in 2 weeks, but need a bit of help with a 30.0 seatpost can't find one for a decent price anywhere. Please Help.
I have a Thomson 30.0 seatpost. PM me and we'll work something out...

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Here's my Kona Honzo.
Got a Dropper post on the way for it, but not really feeling the need for it just yet, just doing the old manual drop it down and pin it when I get to the top of a fun part.
Bike is an absolute riot! Something about hardtails that just can't be beaten with raw joy and trail feel.

Nice rig. Where are the trails in that photo, looks very scenic!

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Ugh these are too hard to resist, damn this thread. I broke a couple of bits on my xc hardtail so that was all the justification I needed to try out one of these. Was chasing a steel 650b frame and narrowed it down to the Trans Am, Shan, and the NS Eccentric. From the Geo charts I seemed to be in-between M and L for the Transition and the Shan but the M Eccentric seemed to be a better fit, so pulled the trigger on that.

Arrived this morning so I did a quick mock up with the other pieces I have planned. Everything else except for the headset will be handed down from other bikes. Pretty excited to get this one up and running. Fits a 2.4 Maxxis in the rear which is nice too.

Pic obviously without a headset so it looks more raked out than it will be. Flow EX and 140 34s

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Ugh these are too hard to resist, damn this thread. I broke a couple of bits on my xc hardtail so that was all the justification I needed to try out one of these. Was chasing a steel 650b frame and narrowed it down to the Trans Am, Shan, and the NS Eccentric. From the Geo charts I seemed to be in-between M and L for the Transition and the Shan but the M Eccentric seemed to be a better fit, so pulled the trigger on that.

Arrived this morning so I did a quick mock up with the other pieces I have planned. Everything else except for the headset will be handed down from other bikes. Pretty excited to get this one up and running. Fits a 2.4 Maxxis in the rear which is nice too.

Pic obviously without a headset so it looks more raked out than it will be. Flow EX and 140 34s

Looking to be a sick build mate. I bought a Santa Cruz 650b Chameleon which I'm making some slight changes to. Bit lighter build than yours so I can use for trail and XC. Dual position 140-120 forks and Arch Ex wheels. Awesome to be on a hard tail again now and then. Amazing how quick you can stick go downhill even on the rocky stuff. I thought it would slow me right down which it did but not my a lot.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Yea I usually ride an SB66 but have an old Yeti ARC hardtail that I take out every now and then and its a heap of fun, just gets caught up in the rough with traditional XC geometry 71* HA etc. Its retired to the wall now and will morph into the NS. Should hopefully provide a new feel for familiar trails.

The Chameleon looks like a lot of fun as well but Ive never had a steel framed HT and everyone raves about them so was keen to give it a go. If I can sneak it under ~12kg I'd be happy with that. We'll see.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt

That looks awesome! 650b yeah? Where did you get the frame from and what $? (PM me if you don't want to disclose on here!) I've been looking at a replacement frame and I saw this same frame on CRC website, though it appears CRC only has 26" version (unless 650b fits?)

Haylex

Likes Dirt

loc81

Likes Dirt
August 9th- Rocky Trail Rollercoaster, Stromlo.
Anyone else going to sign up in the hard tail category like me?

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Built up the NS as far as I could - waiting on a drivetrain now. I've ordered 11sp XT for another bike and the plan was to hand down a 10sp xt/zee stuff onto this thing but who knows how long that will take. Might need to get something in the mean time :eek:hwell:

Will have to get a dropper eventually as well.

Last edited:

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 307282

Haven't received it in the mail yet, but so very stoked to get my hands on this. When I first contacted Stanton they said they were no longer making the Switchback in raw. I simply said it was a shame as I loved the look of the raw frame. I searched the net for other retailers that had the raw frame but no luck.

A day later I got an email saying they had a frame returned by a customer as it was the wrong size.
So lucky me, got one of the last ones for sale.

Already have Raceface Next carbon crank, renthal stem and bars for the build. Building will be done using mainly Hope/Renthal parts.
Still unsure what forks I want to go (want to stick to 140mm as suggested by manufacturer)
Any progress (pics :happy:) on your new frame build? Love the look of these :thumb:

will2

Likes Dirt
August 9th- Rocky Trail Rollercoaster, Stromlo.
Anyone else going to sign up in the hard tail category like me?
Oh I would love to. Just can't get down there. Have you done it before?
It's a shame that the hardtail guys aren't the racer type, I think it would be great if it was a properly big category. Was pretty cool back in the day when DH races had a Hardtail category loaded with kids doing crazy shit.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Not really familiar with Stromlo, but isn't real rough is it?
I do the 4 hour drive quite a few times a year and never get bored with Stromlo or Canberra. One of the most enjoyable, best value climbs and at least half a dozen ways back down that vary in difficulty but all very rideable! I can't recommend Stromlo enough. I'm a little unfamiliar with the DH track so that's where my practice time will be on Saturday and Sunday.
If anyone is looking for accommodation, I always stay at Alivio tourist park. Plenty of options depending on size and comfort, a great restaurant/bar and extremely family friendly so bring the cheer squad!

will2

Likes Dirt
I do the 4 hour drive quite a few times a year and never get bored with Stromlo or Canberra. One of the most enjoyable, best value climbs and at least half a dozen ways back down that vary in difficulty but all very rideable! I can't recommend Stromlo enough. I'm a little unfamiliar with the DH track so that's where my practice time will be on Saturday and Sunday.
If anyone is looking for accommodation, I always stay at Alivio tourist park. Plenty of options depending on size and comfort, a great restaurant/bar and extremely family friendly so bring the cheer squad!
Will definitely get down there soon, Fresh stuff at Majura looks too good to refuse. Good luck to all the boys and girls on hardtails, looks like an absolute blast.

Brylev81

Likes Bikes
Love this thread and the awesome builds on here.

Just after some quick advice from any 456 owners re sizing as I'm about to pull the trigger on a frame. I'm 6"1 with long legs and generally fit either a large or XL depending on brand.

I'm thinking a 20" should be fine?