Post Your DH Bike

Satellite1

Likes Bikes
While we're on the retro tip... here's my old Diamondback Dual-E. I haven't been able to find pics or info about it anywhere online, so I'm guessing it's a rare beast.

I believe it was ridden to world cup DH podiums somewhere around '92 - '94.

omac

Likes Dirt
Wow Satellite1, thats a blast from the past^^^

My first DH bike was a 99 Green Norco VPS1. I dont have any pics of mine but it was exactly like this
image2.aspx.jpg
I do have a pic of my last DH bike, a 2006 Santa Cruz VP Free, I bought it in 07 but I sold it in 09 due to lack of use
285.jpg
I really regret selling now

Last edited:

morticus

Likes Dirt
I am selling my shuttle rig, and buying wifey a smaller car, as I have a company car and it will save her crashing my Navara into a 300c again. The foresters just went to the top of my book if you can fit a DH bike in the back.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am selling my shuttle rig, and buying wifey a smaller car, as I have a company car and it will save her crashing my Navara into a 300c again. The foresters just went to the top of my book if you can fit a DH bike in the back.
fits 2 with some skill :) wheels on!

dunndog

Eats Squid
I kinda tossed up similar notions a little while ago, but then I came to the realisation.. I could never not have a ute. The Navara stays.
BUT.. A mate has a forrester, we get 2 bikes in the back, albeit a bit of an effort, when you get it worked out it's ok. also used to get 2 dh bikes in the back of a rav4, not sure if they're a bit bigger or smaller?

morticus

Likes Dirt
I kinda tossed up similar notions a little while ago, but then I came to the realisation.. I could never not have a ute. The Navara stays.
BUT.. A mate has a forrester, we get 2 bikes in the back, albeit a bit of an effort, when you get it worked out it's ok. also used to get 2 dh bikes in the back of a rav4, not sure if they're a bit bigger or smaller?
Just picked the D40 up from the panel beaters this arvo after a 2 week stay. As good as she is at driving it, she needs a smaller car. Im gonna miss it when it goes, and yes a man needs a ute. I'm super impressed 2 bikes fit in a forry...
Still undecided about bar / stem combo. Was going to go deity, but now thinking Renthal. First world problems :/
968787_10151749449976788_1355253065_n_zps315bfd3c.jpg

Last edited:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just picked the D40 up from the panel beaters this arvo after a 2 week stay. As good as she is at driving it, she needs a smaller car. Im gonna miss it when it goes, and yes a man needs a ute. I'm super impressed 2 bikes fit in a forry...
Still undecided about bar / stem combo. Was going to go deity, but now thinking Renthal. First world problems :/
View attachment 267700
those 40's are so good! wanted to do the same sort of thing but funds wouldnt allow :mad2:
go for the renthal. Not sure how the stem would go as for height. as the specialized stem has a spacer under it and has a rise on it.
you may find the renthal stem drops the front end a bit. but a higher rize bar would make it all even again

morticus

Likes Dirt
That's what has me stuffed. I want higher rise bars now - was thinking 38mm fat bars, but with the stem it will probs drop it to the same height as they are now. Not that its really a problem, I think the fat bars have a better profile anyway. Haha how good do the 40s look!

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
That's what has me stuffed. I want higher rise bars now - was thinking 38mm fat bars, but with the stem it will probs drop it to the same height as they are now. Not that its really a problem, I think the fat bars have a better profile anyway. Haha how good do the 40s look!
Have a look at Spank Spike 777 (777mm wide) bars, they do a 50mm rise, and they come in green :) got a set for the Mrs in red... Nice bars.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if i was you i would go renthal bars with the 38mm rise.
and keep the spacer and put it underneath the renthal stem. problem solved!
forks are rad!!!

haltz

Likes Dirt
Have a sit on my bike next ride I've got 20mm rise on the renthal integra stem see how low that feels for ya

Last edited:

DirtyDingo

Banned
Intense 951, just finished building it and ready to ride..
And now I'm thinking getting some 40's kashima rc2 and crank bro's wheels

Attachments