Currently running:

88 GT Timberline
92 GT Zaskar LE
95 GT RTS-2
96 GT LTS-2
97 GT Timberline
97 GT Pantera
97 GT Rage
99 GT XCR4000 x 2. One in Solar Citrus and one in Red.
99 GT Zaskar LE
01 GT Zaskar Team
03 GT DHi
04 GT Ruckus 2.0
08 GT Zaskar Re-Issue

Photos are up on my profile.

Have also had.
97 GT Palomar
08 GT Peace 9'r
02 Aggressor
99 GT Timberline - Miss this one bad.

These are the ones I can remember.

Nice collection Fatman, how is the reissue?
I really want to get one but very hard to find a secondhand large.
you can never have too may GT's I say.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice collection Fatman, how is the reissue?
I really want to get one but very hard to find a secondhand large.
you can never have too may GT's I say.
The re-issue is actually really sweet, it gets ridden quite a lot.
The handling is fairly neutral and it is just as comfortable riding cross country as it is on some all mountain stuff.
I had to order mine from the UK so good luck finding one, there were only 500 in total made. And no you can never have too many.:)

jbg

Likes Dirt
Yea, don't like my chances. may try getting a early 2000's zaskar as some were still built in the states.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yea, don't like my chances. may try getting a early 2000's zaskar as some were still built in the states.
By then these Zaskar's are very much cross country weapons. They steer quite quickly and are long and low with short chainstays.
I have a 01 Zaskar Team which is great for the groomed roads with a few random bumps that passed for NORBA cross country loops at that time.

Better still get a couple of different ones and try them out.:)

jbg

Likes Dirt
Yea lol true, would be nice to have a few different generations of zaskar!!
been a zaskar fan since the mid 90's, like the way they ride. had peace and karakoram 29er's but just didn't dig em so thinking about building up an older zas with 2012 XT, kinda retro but with the modern comforts.
As a multi-zaskar owner fatman would you recomend a 2000-2003ish frame as a light/trail work horse?

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GT Zone, Quite heavy but cops gutters and my weight with no drama, I am chasing a Ruckus too. I love GT and when i was kid went mental over them lol

IMG_1189.JPG

aanon

Likes Dirt
Someone had a GT internal g/box DH for sale on Adelaide gumtree a few weeks ago, not sure if it sold.
Was asking $1800.

Last edited:

orco

Likes Bikes
Cool thread. Every time I see a pic of a cracked GT DHi, it seems to be the 2007 model. I actually bought my GT Dhi from a guy who cracked his 2007 frame so GT replaced it with a 2008 model which I ended up buying from him. I haven't had any issues re.cracks and I haven't seen any issues reported re.2008 model. Would be interested to hear from other 2008 GT DHI owners what issues they have had.

Also keen to hear form anyone who has a spare 2008 carbon fibre seat mast they want to sell to me.

sedifus

Likes Dirt
My two GTs:

2011 Fury:
2012-10-27 18.38.34.2.jpg

And my 2011 Zaskar Pro
2012-10-27 18.48.22.2.jpg

They're great fun to ride and have never had any troubles with them :D

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spare Parts Build - 99 Zaskar LE

I've just built this up from a whole lot of spare parts I have had lying around the house. Took it for a lash this morning and it's still light, nimble and quick for a 14 year old bike. Unlike its owner.

Zaskar LE 99-1.jpgZaskar LE 99-3.jpgZaskar LE 99-5.jpgZaskar LE 99-6.jpg