Post your Pub/Uni/Hack bike.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well i got this bike after work was going to throw it out... i had seen it almost everyday but never looked at it properly... had been sitting there for about 12 months... cops knew about it aswell... so a few months ago i rang em up and said that i was a worker and was going to take it home. if anyone comes to claimit i got and ring work to get intouch with me. he reply was its already off our system it yours for the taking... yewwww

has been since painted metalic charcoal

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well i got this bike after work was going to throw it out... i had seen it almost everyday but never looked at it properly... had been sitting there for about 12 months... cops knew about it aswell... so a few months ago i rang em up and said that i was a worker and was going to take it home. if anyone comes to claimit i got and ring work to get intouch with me. he reply was its already off our system it yours for the taking... yewwww

has been since painted metalic charcoal
Nice. SS that bad boy the the ultimate hack get around bike. The rubber stantion (sp) covers make the bike :D got them on mine too!

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
na no single speed yet... keeping the gears to ride in the forest to get fit during the winter
Fair call. SS isn't that bad in forests either, people just consider it to be completely inpracticle (sp), but once you're onto a good ratio (32/15 or 32/16 for me) you're set. Anyway, still a nice rig for 0 bucks outlay.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Ango, as if single speed pisses you off! I take my commuter down stairs on the way to work, and I'd get so frickin fed up with the derailluer going bang bang bang bang on each one. Hack bike pride, cable ties and electrical tape are the only ways to go. And that's one epic post by Carlin!
The chain is a little tight so the derailleur body quite literally rests on the frame. It now sports an old MRP slalom guide which ensures nothing moves. Pics soon when its dry.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow Matt, you wouldn't have had anything to do with this now would you? Not you, you're the innocent type, isn't that right?

Edit- 500th post :D

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whitey, find out who owns that beast of a bike and see if they're on Farkin! I love it! The red wheels definately set it off.

And is it actually a fixie? I thought a fixie had the wheel fixed, as in, you stop pedalling and the wheel stops too. Pedal brakes (not sure what the technical name is) let you roll without pedalling, but brake when you apply pressure backwards. Anyone feel free to correct me here.

My Council Clean up Rig.

My junkyard SS leading out the gearies at my local dirt crit.

Frame off the council cleanup, wheels and cranks from the spares box.

This is an older photo it now has new bars stem and V brakes(didn't trust the old cantis for the hills of dirtworks.)

Attachments

Fair call. SS isn't that bad in forests either, people just consider it to be completely inpracticle (sp), but once you're onto a good ratio (32/15 or 32/16 for me) you're set. Anyway, still a nice rig for 0 bucks outlay.
Agreed.
The quiet failsafe drivetrain in the forest is awesome.
32x16 is the gear most people suggest as a starting point.
I run 32x15 all the time and raced with that in the 50km at dirtworks which was perfect.
Gonna try 32x16 at Mogo I think.
Give the SS a go you'll love it!

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Johnny, awesome stereotypical china bike, about 200 of them featured in the movie Tokyo Drift. Teh Awesome. Ango, why oh why do you have an 8" rotors on the front of that thing! My commuter has rear brake only :D v brake bitchez.