Post your Roadie

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
That looks great.

Tell me, how did you get the Ribble frame into Australia - I contacted them about their build bikes earlier this year, and no way would they send to Australia. Has that changed?
Exactly what Damienp said.

I bought the frame & fork separately, got that. Bought the gruppo, got that. Built it up, et voila.

RICOCHET

Likes Dirt
You might want to put ze goggles on before check out my latest...still waiting for the yellow Looks to arrive.

323707_10150826647060640_842110639_20781447_649446375_o.jpg
Specs:
Bar/Stem: 3T Pro
Groupset: Full Limited Tour Edition Yello SRAM Red
Saddle: Thrones King of the Cobbles
Seat Post: S-Works
Chain: X10SL
Wheels: Duraace 7850 Carbon Wrapped Tubeless Ready
Tyres: Lime Ultremo Shwalbe
Pedals: Look

Will get better pics up later in the week if you're interested.

Cheers
Dan

Attachments

Last edited:

RICOCHET

Likes Dirt
I did a bit of begging and robbing to get this...I've been waiting and saving parts for awhile, selling my small collection of bikes. But it was totally worth it.

faz

Likes Dirt
What lens did you take the outdoor shot with? I like the distortion, though it does give some funny angles on the bike - especially the chain stays

RICOCHET

Likes Dirt
I took it on my Drift Stealth HD. It has a wide angle lens on it. I have a mate who is going to shoot it (he is a roadie fanatic). I'm sure he will be able to get some great shots

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You might want to put ze goggles on before check out my latest...still waiting for the yellow Looks to arrive.

Specs:
Bar/Stem: 3T Pro
Groupset: Full Limited Tour Edition Yello SRAM Red
Saddle: Thrones King of the Cobbles
Seat Post: S-Works
Chain: X10SL
Wheels: Duraace 7850 Carbon Wrapped Tubeless Ready
Tyres: Lime Ultremo Shwalbe
Pedals: Look

Will get better pics up later in the week if you're interested.

Cheers
Dan
Are you going to have a go with some tubeless tyres?

RB 24

Likes Dirt
silly question and forgive my ignorance.... Yellow Sram... the difference between that and Red is?? (apart from being yellow) :)

faz

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure it is Sram Red, but in yellow, i think to celebrate the yellow jersey?? Bit like the colours you could get Sram XO in - same thing, just different colours.

jimmy_

Likes Bikes
Koiled Ti

about two months old now

Koiled Ti frame
itm carbon forks
open pro on Ultregra hubs
Ultrega groupset

awesome to ride

RB 24

Likes Dirt
thanks guys for answering a silly question!

seems to be a few Ti frames around.. do they ride much different than a carbon?

RICOCHET

Likes Dirt
Every former and current Tour de France champion racing in the 2010 edition will be equipped with SRAM’s new Limited Tour Edition (LTE) groupset - Alberto Contador (Astana), Lance Armstrong (RadioShack), Carlos Sastre (Cervelo TT), and Oscar Pereiro (Astana - here but not racing). The collective power of the last eleven Tour winners was a critical part of the launch, the aftermarket only groupset available for a limited time through SRAM dealers.
Inspiration for the black anodized gruppo with yellow graphics was to pay tribute to the color of the Tour as well as reflect on SRAM’s 2009 success. SRAM RED not only won the Tour de France with Alberto Contador (Astana) but swept the podium with Andy Schleck (Saxo Bank) and Lance Armstrong in third (Team RadioShack).
The black polished brake levers will feature the Tour issue oversized SRAM logo in yellow, as seen on Team Saxo Bank and Astana bikes at the 2009 edition. Silver becomes black, carbon remains carbon, and anything red becomes yellow. SRAM’s 1090 R2C and 900 aero shift levers will also get the black-yellow makeover. Features and benefits stay the same as the SRAM RED, and it remains the world’s lightest gruppo, approaching 1800 grams in the BB30 version.

Yeah Pretty much what was said.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I

The stem is a +6deg stem so I could get the right position without running 40mm of spacers under a negative rise stem.:)
Trying to understand what this means?
I know this sounds rude or aggressive or whatever but why would you have purchased a Moots RSL when you then had to use a 6deg positive rise stem and what looks like an additional 15mm of spacers?
I hate to say it but to my eye you seem to have a the wrong sized bike or maybe simply the wrong bike.

What size is it and how tall are you?

You will love your Moots though.
I am planning on being buried with mine.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trying to understand what this means?
I know this sounds rude or aggressive or whatever but why would you have purchased a Moots RSL when you then had to use a 6deg positive rise stem and what looks like an additional 15mm of spacers?
I hate to say it but to my eye you seem to have a the wrong sized bike or maybe simply the wrong bike.

What size is it and how tall are you?

You will love your Moots though.
I am planning on being buried with mine.
The head tube is 20mm shorter than my old bike, which also has a standard conical spacer on top of the headset and then another 10mm spacer. I wanted to get my position on the Moots as close to my position on the old bike as I could and that required either 15mm of spacers and a +6deg stem, or 30mm of spacers and the -6deg stem. It looks fine in real life, in the photo it looks a bit average. But for me, running a negative rise stem and lots of spacers seems a bit backwards and trying too hard to be fashionable. :)

It's a 52cm frame, which is the right size. As for being the wrong bike, if it's what I want and I can afford it I can decide if it's the wrong bike after riding it for a while. So far it seems to be the right bike! :D

Here is the old one for reference...

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Specialized Roubaix Elite Rival (Compact)

My first ever roadie. Poppin the tarmac cherry.

I was looking at the tarmacs, but I reckon a bike like that would chew me up and spit me out. I'm after comfort and long days in the saddle, so I went for the Roubaix.

Some steep climbs around here, and I'm no featherweight or king of the mountains so I settled for the compact system despite it's ugly long cage RD and huge out-of-place looking cassette. I'm pretty stoked.

After only ever riding on an alu hardtail on the tarmac this bike can only be described as a magic carpet ride.
As I have no other roadie to compare it to, I don't have the knowledge to do a good review, but I will say that I am so stoked with the comfort, fit, speed, build quality and components.

One other thing I will mention is that I have always been a shimano man through and through, but one ride on the SRAM shifters and I am a convert. So lush. And it's only an entry level grouppo too. The Rival shifts faster and cleaner than my 2010 XTR group.

Anyway, nothing too flash in the world of roadies but I didn't want to spend megabucks, and for $2,5K I feel like I have gotten more bike than I'll be able to chew off for a very long time.

happy camper.

Specs.

Frame: 56cm Specialized FACT 8r carbon, FACT IS construction, compact race design w/ Zertz inserts, 1-1/8" to 1-
Fork: Specialized FACT carbon, full monocoque, Zertz inserts
Front Derailleur: SRAM Rival
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival
Shifters: SRAM Rival DoubleTap, 10-speed
Crankset: SRAM S350
Brakes: SRAM Apex
Cassette: SRAM Apex, 10-speed, 11-32t
Handlebar: Specialized Comp, alloy, shallow bend
Grips/Tape: Specialized Roubaix wrap w/ 2.5 gel pads
Handlebar Stem: New CompSet 6061 alloy, cone head bolt, 12-degree, 4-degree shim 31.8mm
Rims/Wheel Set: Fulcrum Racing 6
Tyres: Specialized Espoir Elite w/ double BlackBelt, 60 TPI, aramid bead, 700x25c
Saddle: Body Geometry Toupé Plus Sport 143mm
Seat Post: Specialized Comp carbon, 27.2mm
Headset: 1-1/8" upper and 1-3/8" lower Cr-Mo cartridge bearings, w/ 20mm cone spacer and 20mm of spacers
Chain: KMC X10 CP

IMG_9341[1].jpg
IMG_9342[1].jpg
IMG_9345[1].jpg

Last edited:

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Hey harmonix.

great looking ride mate. I also have just converted to tarmac. My buy was a Giant Defy advanced...Can only agree after struggling with a non road bike on roads they feel like a dream.

enjoy the road mate :)

faz

Likes Dirt
thanks guys for answering a silly question!

seems to be a few Ti frames around.. do they ride much different than a carbon?
I know its a cliche but "the only silly questions are the ones that go un-asked and therefore unanswered".

I had a look at a titanium frame at the recent Bike Show when I had to fly up to BrisVegas to be at it. Van Nicholas has titanium roadies, SS'ers, mtbs - the whole lot. I appreciate their style, it's like art, but for some reason (not really based on any logic or otherwise), I'd probably go and buy a carbon road frame before I went Ti..... just because!?!? Not sure I can explain why in the end.