Post your Roadie

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I put some new tubeless wheels on.

Nice, I like that...as I lover of all things Ti, very nice.

First long ride (well long for me) with new wheels, had a stop for a much and stretch the legs after 35km or so into a headwind... ready for the tailwind into the hills on the way home

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Nice, I like that...as I lover of all things Ti, very nice.

First long ride (well long for me) with new wheels, had a stop for a much and stretch the legs after 35km or so into a headwind... ready for the tailwind into the hills on the way home

There's a lot of love for this bike and yes, those wheels are pimpin(I am a Mavic fan boy) but this bike needs Dura-Ace. It demands it. Or Super Record.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, yes, yes it would...but give me a year or so to recover from the spending before the upgrading starts! Although I do hate the cranks...they work perfectly well... but damn they are ugly...

Oh that and the pedals...

JT145

Likes Bikes
Although I do hate the cranks...they work perfectly well... but damn they are ugly...
HAHA.

So I'm not the only one that thinks Ultegra cranks are ghastly? haha, although Dura-Ace aren't the prettiest around either.
The Look ZED 2 carbon cranks are what you need me thinks ;)

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Weighs in at 9.95 kgs. Shitloads more comfortable and feels waaay more planted cornering. Cost a little under 2k to build up.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Weighs in at 9.95 kgs. Shitloads more comfortable and feels waaay more planted cornering. Cost a little under 2k to build up.
Oh that's so nice.

I was pricing up a build yesterday on the smoothie. I've already got a doublecross to match.

More in depth review? What size is that? What's the spec to get it to that weight?

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh that's so nice.

I was pricing up a build yesterday on the smoothie. I've already got a doublecross to match.

More in depth review? What size is that? What's the spec to get it to that weight?
To me it's a road bike, their isn't much to say about it. It's heavier and more comfortable than any carbon bike, doesn't feel like it can suddenly get pulled from under you. Makes me question why people would want to ride anything under 7kgs. Guy I work with has one as well, it's up to 13 kgs in weight! All we do is just try and make it heavier.

Frame size is 56. Have a short torso and used to riding small framed bikes, the stem will slowly drop a spacer or two over the next month once I remember how to ride road.
Chromo fork, Chris King headset I picked up for $100 brand new.
Full Ultegra groupo. Would have gone 105, but not having the ability to just change chain-rings to go from compact to normal made me get Ultegra.
Wheels are H+ Sons Archtypes, DT Comps to Ultegra hubs.
Cheap FSA Gossamer stem/post/bars. I've have the same handlebar on 3 fixies and 2 roadies now.

nettabs

Squid
Thought I'd jump in with my race machine.

Has taken me through a couple of 70.3's in Port Mac. Needs a new saddle and a bit of a clean, and the 'zipps' are just cheapies with stickers, but she's good enough for me.

hayd

Likes Dirt
Picked up this beauty last week. It's feels like there's always a tailwind compared to my old ride. Heading to the snowy mountains this weekend to really see what she's got.
11078150_10153630167446531_2684913971429386146_o.jpg

scblack

Leucocholic
Picked up this beauty last week. It's feels like there's always a tailwind compared to my old ride. Heading to the snowy mountains this weekend to really see what she's got.
Very nice bike.

I have to admit my personal preference is not for black, but it does look stealth.

I like it a lot.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Very nice bike.

I have to admit my personal preference is not for black, but it does look stealth.

I like it a lot.
Gloss black is fine. Matte black (with sections of matte white...) is something you need to think hard about before buying - its a bitch to keep clean...

scblack

Leucocholic
Gloss black is fine. Matte black (with sections of matte white...) is something you need to think hard about before buying - its a bitch to keep clean...
True enough, gloss black is better than matte.

But my preference is still for something with more colour. Just a preference.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
You've not had a bitch to clean until you've had matte baby blue, matte orange and matte white on one bike...
I look at my TCX funny and it's dirty.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
You've not had a bitch to clean until you've had matte baby blue, matte orange and matte white on one bike...
I look at my TCX funny and it's dirty.
It's meant to be dirty and I think you may be in the deep end of the ocd pool as far as cleaning goes.