Post your Roadie

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess the cages match the Garmin ;)
They also match each other. :D

How do you find the bars? Been thinking about them for a while.
Still tinkering with the position for riding on the hoods. I think I have them too flat at the moment so have just tilted them back for the time being.
Love the position in the drops. I can easily ride there and still have good access to the levers.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
not really a roadie, since it is illegal to ride on the road, is thoroughly impractical and so on. But it is still rad.

Look 464 ALP track
SRAM omnium cranks
Dura Ace cog
Pro vibe OS sprint bars and stem (coming)
Pro stealth evo seatpost
selle italia SLR
ultegra pedals (might chuck on some dura ace carbon ones just becuase)
Izumi gold chain
Miche pistard tubular wheels
Old beat up vittoria training tubulars (whatever they called the rally before it was caled that) until I lace up some clinchers for riding to work/outdoor velodrome riding, will be conti sprinters.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What was the problem?
I believe the nipples weren't seating properly in the rims and causing the rims to crack. DT were then recommending that LBS counterdrill the nipple seat bigger themselves to fix it. Possibly something about changing the thread locking compound as well, or that may have been a different set of wheels.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My new roadie is a 2011 Apollo Elite. I snagged a Quarq crankset and changed the cable to Alligator I-links. Absolutely love it. 7.3kg pictured and 6.7kg when I put the race wheels in.

Newton

Likes Dirt
After a number of years on mountain bikes, I've bitten the bullet and splashed out all of $850 on a 5 year old OCR Zero. The bike is "as new" it was riden for less than 100kms, put away and that's where it stayed for 5 years. It is literally a new bike. The only thing I need to buy are tyres, the "original" ones are cracked ... some new Continental Gatorskin's and I'll be on my way ...:)

Now I'll be able to ride with my mates, who have road bikes - and not have to try and keep pace with them on my MTB bike :p

Lorday

Eats Squid
For the love of god, flip that stem first!
NFI why but giant loves those angled stems. Not a racer? Just get a mid range stem, whatever float your boat length wise... but something with no/very little angle/rise.
I'm sure you're not THAT old to need 5cm of steerer tube and an erect stem.

As for Gatorskins - fucking awesome.

Science

Likes Dirt
these are my roadies, the first a 2008 or 09 SE Lager fixie.

done very little to it, other than make it ugly, painting the rims with a brush, and putting a P plate in the back wheel.
I also fitted a set of Truvativ Cranks with a surly 46t stainless chainring, and a 14t token rear sproket. i have also fitted a Kore Ibeam seat post and a wtb saddle from one of my mtb's. i swap between a set of cut down risers, bullhorns, and drop bars, depending on my mood.

Next up is my old Raleigh.
not much to say about her, cept that she's very old.