Post your Roadie

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They managed to gouge decent holes out of my seatpost with their workstand, and they are sending it off to a carbon repairer to restore matters. See this they are quite deep, I was spewing:
Friend of mine with a top of the range Giant roadie had the top-tube crushed by the work stand at the shop - they had to replace the frame.

Jay Taylor

Likes Bikes
The new (to me) roadie before the Ride To Conquer Cancer over the weekend. Looks mostly the same now just brown and in need of some love which it's truly earned...

scblack

Leucocholic
I just bought one of these for $50 - frame only, but I have all spare parts required to build it up as a pub bike, or to be used on wet days to work.

Any one know where to find some cheap as chips Campagnolo wheels?

Just getting back to mountain biking after a long break. Solely focused on the road. I like American aluminium. The two below are out of Massachusetts. Spooky used to make mountain bikes back in the early to mid 90s.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Airedale,

What rims are those, and where did you get them?
Both bikes look fantastic BTW!

Cul
Hey Cul,

Thanks. I love these things - pure race bikes that can take a beating.

The Spooky (purple) has mavic reflex tubular to DT Swiss 340s. The gaulzetti is on a pair of Reynolds Strikes - 66mm carbon cllinchers. You can get the reynolds anywhwere, I find they're more fashion than function though and prefer racing on tubulars.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Cul,

Thanks. I love these things - pure race bikes that can take a beating.

The Spooky (purple) has mavic reflex tubular to DT Swiss 340s. The gaulzetti is on a pair of Reynolds Strikes - 66mm carbon cllinchers. You can get the reynolds anywhwere, I find they're more fashion than function though and prefer racing on tubulars.
Bugger I was hoping they would be some china carbon - I'm looking for a replacement rim that looks similar to a Zipp without the price tag (or dimples obviously) these appear to have a similar carbon layup.

I prefer riding on Tubulars FULLSTOP! :hand:

Probably why I have three sets of tubular wheels!

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought this about 6 weeks ago at a sale price I couldn't pass up.
Have been getting it set up the way I wanted it. First ride yesterday.

Azzurri Forza RL​ carbon
Full red 11
Stans Alpha 400 wheels set up tubeless- swapped from Mavic Ksyrium Equipe
Easton EC70 bars- swapped from FSA
Thomson masterpiece- swapped from FSA team (may swap to Syntace Hiflex)
Ronin saddle- swapped from white Prologo
swapped white bar tape to black

Sweet to ride and a vast improvement from my old Giant Defy 9sd and a heap lighter at 7.1kg
Brakes are amazing, double tap had me stumped for a few minutes but getting used to it now.

Attachments

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You may all remember that my Moots was totalled when I slammed into a triuck that failed to give way last year.
Well I found another one a few weeks ago on Bike Exchange.
It was going stupidly cheap ($2,500 for frame, fork, stem, seatpost and CK headset), so I grabbed it.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
You may all remember that my Moots was totalled when I slammed into a triuck that failed to give way last year.
Well I found another one a few weeks ago on Bike Exchange.
It was going stupidly cheap ($2,500 for frame, fork, stem, seatpost and CK headset), so I grabbed it.

you certainly have a kooky thing for the Moots.

How long is this going to stay as it is??

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Bought this about 6 weeks ago at a sale price I couldn't pass up.
Have been getting it set up the way I wanted it. First ride yesterday.

Azzurri Forza RL​ carbon
Full red 11
Stans Alpha 400 wheels set up tubeless- swapped from Mavic Ksyrium Equipe
Easton EC70 bars- swapped from FSA
Thomson masterpiece- swapped from FSA team (may swap to Syntace Hiflex)
Ronin saddle- swapped from white Prologo
swapped white bar tape to black

Sweet to ride and a vast improvement from my old Giant Defy 9sd and a heap lighter at 7.1kg
Brakes are amazing, double tap had me stumped for a few minutes but getting used to it now.

Nice looking bike! The saddle looks a bit...angled? What are you doing with the stem and bars??????

I love my sram. Rode my young blokes Giant TCR with ultegra the other day and could not wait till I got back onto my Boardman with sram..

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing kooky about Moots.
I have already swapped the wheels for some White Industries hubs laced to H-Plus Son rims.
Polished silver to polished silver with polished silver spokes.

Last edited:

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Nothing kooky about Moots.
I have already swapped the wheels for some White Industries hubs laced to H-Plus Son rims.
Polished silver to polished silver with polished silver spokes.
How nice are WI hubs?!

I knew it wouldn't take long to have the thing pimped. Just makes me laugh when in a crit and the bunch is chewing stem that I look up and see this bloke riding a Moots just smiling.. That sir is effing kooky.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Got the Anthem a friend, a matching friend.

05 Giant TCR Euro, full Campag Centaur and full carbon. Haven't had a real ride yet, should make the commute a bit quicker and save the Anthem from fuckwits on the train everyday.