Post Your XC Machine

casper99

Likes Dirt
I picked the Yeti up last saturday arvo. Got back home and It was dark. My first ride was the first round of the QLD state series. The bike handled realy well especilly into corners. Felt decent on the realy rough stuff and I liked the climbing. It was a close race but the bike felt good the whole way and I got the win on its first ride. The only problem is the paint seems to chip away way to easyily

definatley the best Hardtail I have ever.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to get it under 10kg that would be great

cheers

casper

Attachments

drasnian

Likes Dirt
If anyone has any other ideas on how to get it under 10kg that would be great

cheers

casper
Maybe ditch the bar ends. And replace your egg beater Cs or SLs or whatever with 2Ti.

If you've currently got egg beater C, this would be a total saving of 178g (if you've got SL, then 150g all up)

drasnian

Likes Dirt
Your X Racelite wheels aren't heavy at 1524g, but you could dump 300g there if you wanted to.

Race King Supersonics are beautiful tyres. They'll cope fine with loose, track fine through sand, love hardpack, roll beautifully with low weight (especially the 460g UCI version). Haven't used them in mud. Awesome bag provides a decent ride too. But unless the trail is fairly well groomed, I'd stick to standard tubes if you wanna be able to keep pedalling.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
For a lighter bike:
1. cut bars narrower
2. cut off excess fork steerer tube (as mentioned)
3. cut off excess seat post
4. use a 140mm Alligator Windcutter rotor (60g) (use a 160mm front brake adapter to position the rear caliper correctly)
5. replace front 160mm rotor with Alligator Cirrus (76g)
6. Stans tubeless conversion using standard tyres
7. lighter saddle
8. XTR shadow rear derailleur
9. lighter forks (the new SID team 1485g/world cup 1465g, Manitou MRD 1385g)
10. American Classic 350 wheels (or Stans rims with AC hubs)
11. Ti bolts
it should be a sinch to get that bike sub 10kg

sossy

Saucier
LOTS of photos please - plus an extensive ride report.

I am super-keen on one of those...
When I get it, there will be photo's, LOTS!

It left Sydney on Friday for Melbourne, sans forks unfortunately, as soon as it is complete, there will be plenty of pics and ride reports.

I made the choice based on riding a mach 5 for about 2 minutes, set up for a rider considerably lighter than me, and it still pedaled like a bastard.

Honestly, can not wait!

LiveToRide69

Likes Dirt
Picked this little one up about a week ago from farkin, I jsut got her back from the bike shop this afternoon and took her for a spin round the block. Since this is my first XC ride, I was pretty stoked with how easy it wsa to peddal, just rocking back in the saddle seemed strange, probaly just a comfort thing I guess.

New forks are in order defenitely, Then new brakes, depening on how long these are.

:)

Gone Riding

Likes Dirt
Geeze emty... that's an awesome line-up - must be stressful deciding which ones to leave behind before each ride. Very nice...

How are you finding the TWE wheels?

emty

Likes Dirt
The TWE wheels have been very good, I run them tubless, I think I burped on the last ride, but that is the first time it has happened. But they look good, roll well & stay true, so that is the main thing.

I got two ASR's (and not a 575) because I like 4" bikes, I never really want for the extra travel, even if I do a 100k race. I like the 08 better, being carbon it is stiffer it is a bit lighter so it is easier to throw around. The fastest is the ASR, 20 seconds on a 14 minute look & 90 seconds on a 2 hour ride, this is largly due to fasters tyres though.

Last edited:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
This is My Yeti ARC.
Best. Stable. Ever.

All you need now is a 575, ASR7, DJ, 303R-DH, 303 DH, ARC-X and 4X and you'll be set for every occasion!

Of those three wheel sets, which do you like the best? Any idea of the weight of the TWE wheels? Do you know the weights of each complete bike?

Sorry for the question attack, but a stable like that invokes a full inquisition.... :)

emty

Likes Dirt
OK k3n!f, I'll answer as best I can. I haven't had the DT Swiss very long so I will reserve judgement on them at the moment. The Mavic SLs a great wheel for all occasions, easy to inflate tubless tyres on & stay as true with lots of abuse. The TWE wheels (I think weight in at about 1550gms inc tubless conversion) are set up as tubless, IMO they look the best out of all my wheels, they roll really well & are by far the best bang for your buck.

Bike weight:-
ARC = 10.04kg
ASR 07 = 11.5kg
ASRc 09 = 10.5kg (it has about 200g of stans in the wheels)

Choppo

Likes Bikes
Here's my XTC.

It's the C1 carbon frame.

Pretty stock, but since the photo I've added;

Gobi Seat
Carbon Bars, Stem and Seatpost.

Love it!!

Attachments