Post Your XC Machine

Dave V.

Squid
white grips are such a bitch to keep white.

I have white ESI grips on my bike and they work really well. Nice and grippy in the wet and dry and enough padding to keep your hand comfy, but still light enough to go on my race bike.
but if you want them to stay white, you have to scrub them with soap literally after every ride....
The "CHUNKY" or "Racers Edge"?

Dave V.

Squid
Friken awesome, I've been using them for ages, never slip, nice and grippy and man they absorb shock. I didn't realise it but riding a bike with ODI's last weekend and I forgot to unlock my fork and the first couple of bumps really stung, not something you get with ESI's

Only downside is taking them on and off if you don't have a compressor is a pain. I'm building a new bike next week and I won't be putting the ESIs on till I know everything is dialled.
The "CHUNKY" or "Racers Edge"?

adaib

Likes Dirt
I have Racers Edge. I like the thinner grip, i think it gives more control. I used to run the chunky, but i got the racers edge originally just for weight saving purposes when the chunkies worn down, but i've never gone back

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reverse for me, chunky after racers edge. For the white lovers, best way to clean is metho. Make sure you drink some first :)

Dave V.

Squid
I have Racers Edge. I like the thinner grip, i think it gives more control. I used to run the chunky, but i got the racers edge originally just for weight saving purposes when the chunkies worn down, but i've never gone back
Cheers ALL. I appreciate all the advice.

I have bought the Racers Edge online. Thanks for the metho cleaning method too.

bh78

Likes Dirt
65 euro including postage. Not sure if they are worth it yet - its a lot for two tubes. So far so good though.

Hopefully I wont pinch flat them as much as the Maxxis light weight tubes otherwise I'll head down the tubeless route.
Pinch flatter them after a week - now tubeless.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just putting this out there...

I have a pair of Avid XX Brakes inc XX 160/140mm rotors for sale.
There isn't a thread on Rotorburn as yet.

Please P'm me if your interested in blinging your ride.

Yes, They're going cheap!

skyvia

Likes Bikes
Friken awesome, I've been using them for ages, never slip, nice and grippy and man they absorb shock. I didn't realise it but riding a bike with ODI's last weekend and I forgot to unlock my fork and the first couple of bumps really stung, not something you get with ESI's

Only downside is taking them on and off if you don't have a compressor is a pain. I'm building a new bike next week and I won't be putting the ESIs on till I know everything is dialled.
Try dipping them in some soapy water, they glide on easy! Just leave them for a while to dry though.

Mays86

Likes Bikes
This Is my Jamis XCR team! Made this up from frame and parts i had from another frame.

Jamis XCR Team Carbon Frame
Fox PR23
Fox 32 F100RL
Full XT groupset
Mavic Crossmax SLR Wheelset
Easton EA70, Ritchey WCS & Thompson cockpit
Gobi Saddle
Avid jucy 5's

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mays86

Likes Bikes
Thats a mighty long stem there.... Does it make it a bit wallowy in the handling department?
It's not to bad! Great when climbing... As i have only just built this up from another frame I'm in the middle of getting another stem.

Mays86

Likes Bikes
Cool bike ...its nice to see another Jamis XCR - you don't see them very often.

I have the 2011 Jamis XCR team.

How are you finding it? I have to say I have mine with a short stem and handlebar that it is very very twitchy. Might be due to the steep head angle.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?224606-Jamis-Dakar-XCR-Team-2011
Yeah I had an aluminum XCR! It was a size 21 with a 120mm stem 10deg, trying to work out what to go with on this one, prob 100mm or 90 with 6 deg I think. Right now it's fantastic with the 120mm! But I know going down a little is going to improve the steering. Stock a size 19 comes with a 110.

wattieez

Likes Dirt
Ooooo can't wait to see the Speshy built up, already looks menacing.

My Blur Classic is complete, below is the spec list. (upgrading dual control brake/shifter next week, saves 50g)
Except for rotors and skewers can anyone else think of a relatively cheap way to lose weight?

Frame - Blur Classic Large
Rear shock - RP23
Front shock/fork - F100 15mm
Handlebars - Ritchey WCS
Stem - Ritchey WCS 120mm
Headset - FSA Something
Grips - Ritchey foam
Saddle - Selle Italia SLR Kit
Seatpost - Ritchey WCS
Front brake - XTR
Rear brake - XTR
Cranks - XTR Trail
Chainguide - e13 XCX
Chain - XTR
Pedals - Eggbeater 3
Rear derailleur - XTR Shadow 9speed
Rear shifter - XTR
Cassette - Dura Ace
Front hub - DT 240s 15mm
Rear hub - DT 240s
Rims - ZTR Alpine
Tyres - Rocket Ron f Racing Ralph r

Total weight - 10.64!

Click to view full size!

PepsiMax

Likes Bikes
Heres my Giant Anthem X Advanced SL1 with the new SRAM XO 2x10 groupset, new grips, Crossmarks SLR's have been on for awhile. Comes in @ 11.1kgs

Looking at getting a Selle Italia SLR seat & a carbon seat post

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Frame - Sworks Stumpjumper
Rear shock - Fox / Brain
Front shock/fork - Fox Talas
Handlebars - S Works Carbon
Stem - S Works
Headset - FSA Something
Grips - Specialized Bg
Saddle - Specialized
Seatpost - Specialized Carbon
Front brake - XT
Rear brake - XT
Cranks - XT
Chain - XTR
Pedals - XT
Rear derailleur - Sram X9
Cassette - Sram X9
Front hub - XT
Rear hub - XT
Rims - DT Swiss 4.2d
Tyres - Rendez front, Aspen rear

IMAG0359.jpgIMAG0363.jpgIMAG0374.jpgIMAG0366.jpgIMAG0379.jpgIMAG0380.jpgIMAG0381.jpg