Post Your XC Machine

2010 Giant Alias. Was my first xc bike and I still love it! Upgraded from stock to Manitou R7 forks, Lizards Skins Logo Lock-on Grips, Maxxis Crossmark tyres F&R, Shimano FC-M542 2 piece crankset, Race Face Evolve XC seatpost, Shimano PD-540 clipless pedals. A really enjoyable bike to ride and quite light with all the upgrades for it's price range.
Cheers guys!

Attachments

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
I picked this up earler this week ;)

I did a lap of ourimbah this morning and im in love! Such a big difference from my trusty GT hardtail. I still need to play around with pressure and rebound in the rear but apart from that it rode really sweet.

I changed the bar and stem to some FSA gear and used my Sella Itallia. I also have some FSA Afterburner 2 ring cranks going on this week.

Attachments

Timbo83

Likes Bikes
Thoght it was time for a new ride after having the Cannon. Rush for 5 years. 2011 Anthem X1, with everything changed except the frame & shock, fork and headset. 11.3kg

100_1424.jpg100_1423.jpg100_1426.jpg100_1422.jpg

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Timbo,

I'm liking that a lot. It looks busy but in a good, sponsored, racy kind of way.

Rims are a nice touch. I'd considered some Stans white rims but went black - rethinking that decision now.

I reckon get rid of that lizard skin chainstay protector - sand & crud gets in under it and creates a sandpaper like motion - not what you want on a new spiffy machine. Your better off with some Frameskin wrap or even just some old tubes taped on I reckon.

Bodin

GMBC
I reckon get rid of that lizard skin chainstay protector - sand & crud gets in under it and creates a sandpaper like motion
In all the years I've ridden and after all the LizardSkins I've used, I've never seen this happen or heard anyone else talk about it happening. Ever.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My latest addition to the fleet,
05 Salsa Moto Rapido, 08 XT drive train 08 Fox F32 RLC's. Thomson post and stem, FSA bars, CK headset crossmark front and ITS System 4 rear tyre. Really enjoying being back on a HT.

Lorday

Eats Squid
My latest addition to the fleet,
05 Salsa Moto Rapido, 08 XT drive train 08 Fox F32 RLC's. Thomson post and stem, FSA bars, CK headset crossmark front and ITS System 4 rear tyre. Really enjoying being back on a HT.
That would go so well with my salsa 'rasta' jersey!

gixer7

Likes Dirt
In all the years I've ridden and after all the LizardSkins I've used, I've never seen this happen or heard anyone else talk about it happening. Ever.
Really? I've seen other people mention it here on RB a few times for starters. Same reason I won't use a shock boot.

But my chainstay got a nice rubbing after I used one of these. So I changed to foam & electrical tape.

But as always YMMV and if you've never had a problem with them then good luck to you.

milux

Likes Dirt
Its finally finished!!!:D:D

Frame: 2006 BMC Four stroke
Fork: Rosk Shox Revalation 426 130mm Dual Air
Rear Shock: Fox Float RP23
Wheels:Fulcrum Red Metal 1
Brakeset: Shimano XT, 6" rotors
Shifters: Shimano XT, 9 speed
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Crank: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT
Pedals: Shimano XT
Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM
Seat Post: Race Face Evolve XC
Handlebars: Race Face Next Carbon
Stem: Race Face Evolve XC
Tires: Rear - Larsen TT, Front - CrossMarks,- both UST

Weight: 11.5 -12 kg For XL Bike

:p:p

Well Rode it and have now Broken it.......Big THANKS to Kaos Bikes and BMC Australia, When i craked the BB i thought it was all over, then spoke to Andrew at Kaos. Between Him And BMC i got warranty on a secondhand frame i bought while in the US.

Spec's now

BMC FS02 2009 Frame
Rockshox Reba XX 120mm
Fulcrum Red Metal 1
XT shifters, and Brakes
XTR Rear D, XT Front D
FSR Afterburner compact cranks 40 - 27
FSA SL-K Seatpost, Stem and Bars
And for now a Gobi saddle, have a Specialized Tourpe team saddle to try out
All comes in a plump 11.9Kg, all i wanted was sub 12Kg.

And it rides like a dream.:D:D:D

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Finally built up my new ride and rode it yesterday.

Yeti ASR, Rock Shox SID Team, XX Drivetrain, Hope Tech X2 Brakes, Chris King BB and HS, new XTR SPD pedals.

Drool....
weight??
looks like a mean machine.. kinda along the lines of what i want Dad's AS-R to be :p

korgi

Squid
Nice Yeti :D

How does it ride?
Thanks.

I've only had one 1 1/2 hour ride so far as it was only completed on Saturday and Melbourne weather and trails are shite at the moment.

Happy so far but need to play with the shock settings more to get them to my liking.

korgi

Squid
Drool....
weight??
looks like a mean machine.. kinda along the lines of what i want Dad's AS-R to be :p
I don't own a scale at the moment so will need to wait until I get to the LBS.

Should be fairly light but I'm no weight weenie and the parts had to be reliable as well. So XTR pedals instead of CB eggbeaters for example.

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Drool....
weight??
It's what I want my ASR to be! My spec is closish but XX would be great...

I also went for the ano black on account of it being harder wearing, but every time I see this colour scheme I get pangs of regret...

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No new steeds since christmas? I'll try and get things rolling again as I just took delivery of this pretty little picture. Bring on the Otway!

Last edited:

guern

Squid
Cannondale Scalpel 2011

Hey guys my new bike arrived just before Christmas took a little time to get it sorted but here it is.

Frame: Cannondale Scalpel 1 2011
Fork: Lefty PBR
Shock: Fox Rp23 (80mm)
Wheels: Crossmax SLR
Brakeset: Hope Race X2 with Red Floating rotors
Cranks: FSA SLK
Shifters: XTR dyna sys
Front der: XTR
Rear der: XTR
Cassette: XTR
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR gel flow
Seat Post: Fizik cyrano