Proflex bikes and Girvin forks (damper upgrading?)

potchi00

Likes Bikes
Supposedly they worked quite well being really stiff and very reliable forks.
Put them on this and you'll have the most alien looking ride ever...

GT-STS-1000 Carbon-Downhill
What's that little stubby tube coming from the pivot, just above the bottom bracket. Don't tell me thats just there to hang the front derailleur off. Won't the derailleur rotate with the pivot?

Marty856

Cannon Fodder
856 and k2 2000

I found with the ODS rear with spring on my 856 I uped the oil to 15w, this improved the rebound and it leaks slower. Does any one know were i can get service guide for the NR 2 shock on rear of my K2 2000. They might be old and trouble some but you gotta love em!!

OldBiker

Cannon Fodder
Noleen shock mount adaper

There are a ton of options for rear shocks.

With my 955 and 855 I don't want to use elastomers anymore, so I had this mount made up. I am going to update the shock in the short term
I'm looking for a mount just like that as after 15+ years my Noleen NR2 has broken its shaft on my ProFlex Beast ... but where to get one?

Craig66

Squid
You can get the complete shock here, if you want to keep it original : http://shop.noleenj6.com/category.sc?categoryId=7

Or if you don't like the price +shipping from the USA you could try this option: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161106441093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
swap out the spring and modify the pivots if needed. I remember reading on one of the forums someone saying that DNM manufactured the Noleen shocks anyway but I can't confirm it.
I think the DNM one has 10mm extra travel but shouldn't cause too much trouble.

Last edited:
I have an 955 and couple of sets of girvins for sale on ebay at the moment let me know if your interested.
Thanks they look good, but I'll hold out for and 856 in red. I'm in no hurry its a sentimental buy probably end up buying out of th UK or States/ Canada as they dont seem to be many in Aus

I picked this up this when Proflex was being bought out by K2 so they were clearing the warehouse of the old stock.
I bought mine from a guy in Melbourne who had a heap of stock in his back shed, said he had purchased the remaining stock after they were getting out of supplying them or something like that. Wonder if he's on here somewhere.

I still have my first mountainbike Hard tail that we did downhill on and my last full suspension Bike, but sadly sold the proflex to fund the build of the next bike (still have my 80's BMX as well) so my 856 is the missing link.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Jessie at Jessie's Speed Shop- Fitzroy has around 20 proflex frames and parts

I had one in the 90s- absolute shocker

sean-390

Cannon Fodder
My girlfriend bought me a Proflex 757 for my birthday in 2008. She bought it from a guy who bought it brand new and never rode it, it still had the original tyres on it. I think they're great bikes and would love to find a mint 853/953.

I rode that crap out of it until 2012 when it blew the front shock. It's mounted on the wall in my garage now :)