Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Isn't everything made in Australia inferior according to the Seppo's ? That really made me laugh :D.
I even saw a video of a Pontiac G8 with commode badges on it and the number plate BOGAN. In his defence, he was an expat Aussie living there...

If I found myself living in the US with their super cheap fuel I’d be tempted to own Chevrolet SS... I did rather enjoy the rental one I got to drive back to Canberra from Melbourne! Didn’t enjoy the fuel bill (although it was way less than I expected).

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If I found myself living in the US with their super cheap fuel I’d be tempted to own Chevrolet SS... I did rather enjoy the rental one I got to drive back to Canberra from Melbourne! Didn’t enjoy the fuel bill (although it was way less than I expected).
If I was living in the US I'd be committing all sorts of automotive embarrassment in the interests of learning. Mercury Marquis, ancient land yacht Oldsmobiles, shitter F150s held together with bailing wire and strategically placed Hockey Straps. Would even be seen in one of those early 90s Buicks with the supercharged 3.8s.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Save yourself the trip and buy a Commodore?
Have you seen the prices of your average toilet spec Commodore (or anything RWD and Strayan) lately?

It's uncomfortable viewing. I was nostalgically musing over an SV90 (my uncle had one when they were new and I loved it). Turns out while it has a Redbook value of essentially scrap (fair) it has a real world value of near $20k....

Flow-Rider

Burner
I even saw a video of a Pontiac G8 with commode badges on it and the number plate BOGAN. In his defence, he was an expat Aussie living there...

The turboed LS's get along alright, I've driven a few of those. Some Pontiacs were made here for a while.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Have you seen the prices of your average toilet spec Commodore (or anything RWD and Strayan) lately?

It's uncomfortable viewing. I was nostalgically musing over an SV90 (my uncle had one when they were new and I loved it). Turns out while it has a Redbook value of essentially scrap (fair) it has a real world value of near $20k....
There's nothing really left in the muscle department to collect or restore, if there is it will start at the 60k range, so I suppose they end up buying these old dunny doors

Haakon

Keeps on digging