Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
I feel bad for ya mate.. If the dude genuinely knew it was failing then it may be pursuing, maybe a 50/50 repair as mentioned. It does depend on how long you have had the car though..

However in saying that, the head gasket thing is a known problem on gen2 libs/legacies, and you also gotta remind yourself its an ageing and highly strung engine so shit can go wrong.. unfortanute nontheless, I love those cars.
well basicaly, i had done less then 100kms in the car when i noticed it..

i had the for about 3 weeks, but was not driving it, due to it was not in my name, and i was waiting to get my rego transferred, got it into my name, do a bit of spirited driving and discover problem first day!

its a gen2 liberty, but its a v3sti engine, a leak down/tk test comes up a all good so even if i did get one before i purchased it, it wouldnt have meant anything, but on the other hand, i could have been chasing money from the tester..
o well expensive learning curve. life goes on.

I just cant handle the guy, admit to a problem, and just say fuck ya, its your fault! i could never do that to someone, just say i was to try be dodgy, and i was caught, i would be offering to pay half the repairs, its the least you can do for some one!

funnyish story, i own three things with motors, a boat, a commodore, and my subaru.

the boat has a blown headgasket, the commodore's head gasket is pretty much just chemweld and i top coolant up once a week, and the subaru's gasket is gone as well!

bring back air cooled motors!

Arete

Likes Dirt
I just cant handle the guy, admit to a problem, and just say fuck ya, its your fault! i could never do that to someone, just say i was to try be dodgy, and i was caught, i would be offering to pay half the repairs, its the least you can do for some one!
I had this conversation with the guy who's gti-r I had inspected:

Me: "The report says the subframe is damaged"
Him: "We modified the subframe when we replaced the engine"
Me: "So you had to "modify" the subframe to fit the same engine as the one you took out - speaking of which, the report says the engine overheats at idle because the fan doesn't work"
Him: "I swear on my mother's grave that engine has never overheated...."
etc and so on.

Import cars seem to attract a disproportionate amount of dodgy arseholes. Send him a letter of demand and see how he reacts... you might get somewhere with him with the threat of legal action.

udi

swiss cheese
I am going to be up in brissy in 3 weeks, and if he hasnt replied to my calls by then, i will defintaly take a camera for when i knock on his door asking for his reasonings for ignoring me!
I told you brissy has shit cars!

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
yeah so to now ad to the rest of my fucked up shit in my fucked up life, my commodore no longer starts!

so i now own 2 cars, none of which i can drive!

cant work out if my fuel pumps dead, gas is dead, or what..

all i know is my fuel pump aint making any sound when im trying to kick it over.

any one happen to know what wire does what on a vs commodore fuel pump? 3 out of the 4 wires show current, one of them is going to be an earth.. and the other ones no idea..

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
any one happen to know what wire does what on a vs commodore fuel pump? 3 out of the 4 wires show current, one of them is going to be an earth.. and the other ones no idea..
Hmm, IED? It would be fitting with your current run of luck...

Last edited:

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well basicaly, i had done less then 100kms in the car when i noticed it..

i had the for about 3 weeks, but was not driving it, due to it was not in my name, and i was waiting to get my rego transferred, got it into my name, do a bit of spirited driving and discover problem first day!

its a gen2 liberty, but its a v3sti engine, a leak down/tk test comes up a all good so even if i did get one before i purchased it, it wouldnt have meant anything, but on the other hand, i could have been chasing money from the tester..
o well expensive learning curve. life goes on.

funnyish story, i own three things with motors, a boat, a commodore, and my subaru.

the boat has a blown headgasket, the commodore's head gasket is pretty much just chemweld and i top coolant up once a week, and the subaru's gasket is gone as well!

bring back air cooled motors!
sorry if i missed it, but got any pics?

i recenty got a rs turbo wagon, was all good but a few days later i noticed it was leaking like the titanic, not much u can do about it but just blew up the gearbox so now its sitting on stands and im driving a f-ing starlet. not happy.