Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

nitro01

Likes Dirt
Shit hot dude, should be proud of that one. Same engine or does this one have more bells and whistles?
Same motor but a little bit of funky ECU tuning which should give me a teeny tiny bit more power at wide open over the old motor. Plus some throttle body adjustment, and a degree or two more timing advance so I can run 95 for a cleaner burn.

Should be good for at least 215hp at the crank, with extractors and a high flow cat to come.

VW's look sick dude, so intrigued by the work you do :)

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Same motor but a little bit of funky ECU tuning which should give me a teeny tiny bit more power at wide open over the old motor. Plus some throttle body adjustment, and a degree or two more timing advance so I can run 95 for a cleaner burn.

Should be good for at least 215hp at the crank, with extractors and a high flow cat to come.

VW's look sick dude, so intrigued by the work you do :)
Would be a fun car, big wagon for bikes and girls you can't go wrong. Keep those back seats down permanently, I've found owning a wagon is to giving people lifts like a ute is to helping move house.

Yeah she's fun, just not easy every time I find the shit work the last owner did I have to fix.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Yeah she's fun, just not easy every time I find the shit work the last owner did I have to fix.
Know that feeling, you are doing better than me at the moment. My car project is seriously stalled at the moment, waiting for new diff to be built, everything else seems to be in a holding pattern as a result.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Know that feeling, you are doing better than me at the moment. My car project is seriously stalled at the moment, waiting for new diff to be built, everything else seems to be in a holding pattern as a result.
Every one repair makes two new problems, right?

MARKL

Eats Squid
Every one repair makes two new problems, right?
If it was only two new problems I would be sweet! Logic gets perverted in modifying a car. I bought a car that I really like, modified the way I wanted mostly and sweet - really would have preferred a manual though. Engineer knocks back the diff and gearbox crossmember, go through the options at the end of the day a 9" seems the best value outcome, means a new tailshaft...if I am going that far may as well put in a manual hey...custom made diff...obviously that calls for a set of custom made wheels to suit the narrowed diff :thumb: Like I said all logic goes out the window. Engineer knocked back the brakes now I could have gone with a set of stock brakes but hey Brembo is clearly the logical answer...fuck I just want to drive the thing.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
If it was only two new problems I would be sweet! Logic gets perverted in modifying a car. I bought a car that I really like, modified the way I wanted mostly and sweet - really would have preferred a manual though. Engineer knocks back the diff and gearbox crossmember, go through the options at the end of the day a 9" seems the best value outcome, means a new tailshaft...if I am going that far may as well put in a manual hey...custom made diff...obviously that calls for a set of custom made wheels to suit the narrowed diff :thumb: Like I said all logic goes out the window. Engineer knocked back the brakes now I could have gone with a set of stock brakes but hey Brembo is clearly the logical answer...fuck I just want to drive the thing.
Need a bigger engine to justify bigger brakes, too...

stirk

Burner
Shit hot dude, should be proud of that one. Same engine or does this one have more bells and whistles?

So after playing with indicators all night and not having them work, today I tried using the foz's battery and everything suddenly works, not sure on that but hey. So indicators work, tail and brake lights work but I've got them reversed for sake of testing/photos, and the custom 3rd brake light is in and I'm pretty content with how bright it is at night now. Will edit pics in when phone charges.

Love the grill tail light, looks awesome!

MARKL

Eats Squid
Need a bigger engine to justify bigger brakes, too...
This is the way that conversation normally goes...

Some prick wanting to spend my money 'bigger brakes, should get a stroker...you could do it $5,000 but really you should get $10,000 and this would be better $15,000...'

Me 'fuck, it would be cheaper to get an LSA'

SPWTSMM 'yeah, that would be awesome'

Motor is staying the way it is for now

binner

Hath shat hymself
Getting there

Nice work on the third brake Hazza, I like it a lot. The camper is at spray booth waiting for its COLOR to go on so today I worked on rod penrose carbs and CB performance linkage kit. All moves noice and everything is sweet. Tomorrow is redo bumpers and some speaker housings....

Attachments

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Nice work on the third brake Hazza, I like it a lot. The camper is at spray booth waiting for its COLOR to go on so today I worked on rod penrose carbs and CB performance linkage kit. All moves noice and everything is sweet. Tomorrow is redo bumpers and some speaker housings....
Cheers dude, tempting to try and run some orange led strip's in there too for indicators but probably massive overkill.

God damn your engine work looks good. Would love to rebuild an engine one day. Does the paint match the shrouds? Also if you're still doing the paint yourself give us pics galore, love that stuff.

Bit of a tinker tonight, brakes all wired up properly now with tails and indicators working so I can finally get to cutting the wires to proper length and cleaning up a bit. Bought a motorbike flasher relay, fixed hyperflash instead of having to use resistors. Tomorrow I'll have a go at wiring in hazard lights, prev owner drilled holes in the dash for extra toggles so I may as well fill them with something. I dunno, maybe a fuel pump killswitch or something.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

nitro01

Likes Dirt
Hazza, you're correct about the funness. Old Falcons are always fun, and 215hp is plenty scary in the rain, and it's mad cool for cruising and giving her a thrash once in a while.

Best part about low power cars is that you can boot them around all the time at full throttle, and you're not going stupidly fast, unlike the 1300rwhp BF Typhoon I saw on the dyno today.... :O

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hazza, you're correct about the funness. Old Falcons are always fun, and 215hp is plenty scary in the rain, and it's mad cool for cruising and giving her a thrash once in a while.

Best part about low power cars is that you can boot them around all the time at full throttle, and you're not going stupidly fast, unlike the 1300rwhp BF Typhoon I saw on the dyno today.... :O
You're bang on there, WOT in the twisties is the most fun you can have, while lugging around camping gear and bikes for a mad weekend.

Our AU falcon projected me towards 200 very quickly, it was great but all the fun in a car happens between 60 and 120. Slower than that is too tight and faster is just a straight line. A mate of ours is pulling 400+kw in a turbo falcon Ute, it's great but if the power isn't usable it's useless. Our BMW 535 is fun to drive but not really fast by modern standards but the fun is in the challenge of knowing how to drive it in the sweet spot and use what it's got without dropping too low and needing another gear.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You're bang on there, WOT in the twisties is the most fun you can have, while lugging around camping gear and bikes for a mad weekend.

Our AU falcon projected me towards 200 very quickly, it was great but all the fun in a car happens between 60 and 120. Slower than that is too tight and faster is just a straight line. A mate of ours is pulling 400+kw in a turbo falcon Ute, it's great but if the power isn't usable it's useless. Our BMW 535 is fun to drive but not really fast by modern standards but the fun is in the challenge of knowing how to drive it in the sweet spot and use what it's got without dropping too low and needing another gear.

Had some great fun in my 66kw 3 cylinder Renault Clio today on some tight winding back country roads. The sort of roads where chassis balance, steering feel and brakes is where it's all at, but the little 3 pot is happy to rev it's head off and it all makes for a hilarious drive at sane speeds. Fun times :)

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Had some great fun in my 66kw 3 cylinder Renault Clio today on some tight winding back country roads. The sort of roads where chassis balance, steering feel and brakes is where it's all at, but the little 3 pot is happy to rev it's head off and it all makes for a hilarious drive at sane speeds. Fun times :)
Ooh, pics?

mr_marko

Likes Bikes
Washed and polished my chopper-ish motorbike today think that I might need to get it registered for the first time in 3 year, or sell it if anyone is interested hahaha
image.jpg

binner

Hath shat hymself
you ape you.....

fuck, those are the tallest ape hangers I've ever seen.... fucking hilarious...

i wanna see it on the road blasting past the coffee shops on a sundae morn...

stirk

Burner
[video=youtube_share;H-vDOz9TlVY]https://youtu.be/H-vDOz9TlVY[/video]