Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
I remember it made the news a number of years back (2008 or something?) - Some incredible amount like 78?
For the sake of moving the thread, that'll do! 75 tackles against Melbourne Storm. God he was a freak. Big man crush on that fella! Over to you.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Is it taurine, and Moroccan lamb? Or something like that.....

Edit - fuck I'm a fool - if not soup, then maybe sauce

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm pretty confident it is soup. If cheesewizz hasn't confirmed by the time I get home there will be some Googling done.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I'm pretty confident it is soup. If cheesewizz hasn't confirmed by the time I get home there will be some Googling done.
Yep , and lol my gut reaction of stew was on the money as the other option.

Go ahead S&M make our day......

Edited damn, again.....

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pharma... tureen for soup, tajine/tagine for Moroccan stews etc, and sauce is served from a trencher or jug. It has s soecialname...cant think of it. Looks like a little milm jug you would use for tea on the lawn with the queen.

SC...gravy is served from a train. Sometimes a trencher. But a trencher is versatile. One may even eat from it. But the gravy train. Well it not only serves gravy, but it is good to ride on! Ask our buddy Barry.

This concludes our late nite guide to tableware your wife wants for next Christmas. Thank you for tuning in....

I really really hope I got all that right otherwise I with be making a post in the fuckwits thread.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Depends on the year
Winter solstice is usually 20 or 21 June
Spring equinox 22 or 23 September
Summer solstice 21 or 22 December
Autumn equinox 20 or 21 march

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depends on the year
Winter solstice is usually 20 or 21 June
Spring equinox 22 or 23 September
Summer solstice 21 or 22 December
Autumn equinox 20 or 21 march
Correct, I could say it was a trick question but the truth is I though it was always on the same day. Learn something new everyday!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Yeah changes a bit as our year isn't exact (hence leap years and stuff needed to realign things)

OK sticking with astronomical events, around about this time of year the earth gets bombarded with a meteor shower (might start seeing them tonight though they peak on the 22nd)

Anybody know the name given to this meteor shower?