Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
The Lyrids is it. And yep expecting peaks of 100 and hour, though they tend to be more prominant in the northern hemisphere.

If you're out and about in the wee hours over the next few days look up and look north between midnight and dawn

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I was paying out on your spelling ....
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck would?
I don't know much about astrology, so that's out.

This is probably too easy, but ... Who won the XC gold medal at the Sydney Olympics? Name and country.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well it.must be somebody'e go, and as it is a perfect day for a ride I doubt there is many ppl around...to keep things rolling here is an easy question:

Who else is current toy online?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Got part of the last question right so here we go.
What is the basic story on how Easter evolved?
(Don't know the answer myself, just that some dude got nailed to cross)

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rabbits from Easter Is. make candy and chocolate eggs and deliver it all over the world and hide it on Easter Sunday.

It seems they also hide other random gifts too as our kids got Lego and choc eggs....

It is not a story- simple fact......

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Got part of the last question right so here we go.
What is the basic story on how Easter evolved?
(Don't know the answer myself, just that some dude got nailed to cross)
Celebration of the resurrection of Christ (the bloke nailed to the cross)

Eggs signify new life

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nimrod was a pretty major player in sumeria (?). Nimrod had a son named ishtar. Ishtar's mum was pretty crafty. Ishtar became a god, thanks mum. Ishatar liked rabbits or killed rabbits (can't remember which).

The Romans adopted Christianity and it spread across a fair bit of the world through their empire. Somewhere along the way the roman empire collapsed, and their political skills were passed into the Catholic church. As they went about.converting pagans the dates for Ishtar's birth and death were used, probably to keep things simple.

Before that happened the Jews were under Roman control. They were waiting for a messaih, new king, to free them. Jesus rocked up and the political bosses didn't like his shoes, so they ratted him out to the Romans and he was crucified on Friday. Resurected on the Sunday. This happened during the Jewish Passover festival. Irony? That celebrates their liberation from Egypt lead by moses...

If I remember correctly the eggs are hollow because Jesus tomb is hollow. Jesus invented Lego, but he used it to build oroject houses. So that's where it fits in.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well that Easter story was a bit of a thread killer...sure I made some of it up, but it seemed right at the time.

How's about a genuine trivia question to get things rolling again? Here we go...

What are the animals on each of theseaustralian coins:
- 5c
- 10c
- 20c
- 50c

?